It is currently 06/24/24 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 23  Next   Page 12 of 23   [ 565 posts ]
 Post subject: Pet peeve(s) of the day
PostPosted: 10/24/11 3:17 am • # 276 
Google maps.

PostPosted: 10/24/11 7:30 am • # 277 
Editorialist

LOL! I remember my first job here that sometimes required directions to our place of business. Having been here less than 3 years and not having driven much, I had NO clue. Especially if someone wanted turn by turn directions from the opposite side of the city and/or they were newcomers too. It was during our boom time a few years ago.

I would turn to my boss and ask her if she could give directions. She hadn't lived here that long either and she didn't drive at all. We were hopeless and had to try and find either of our hubbys to do the deed. Had a lot of laughs over that.

Then there were the ones who wanted to know which bus to take to get there. Sheesh! Do I sound or look like Calgary Transit? I sure as hell didn't get paid as much as they do. I would direct those callers to look online or call them. Online interactive transit maps are great.

The one saving grace was that the place was near a pretty popular tourist attraction. I could tell them how to arrive from there, if they knew where that was. Image

PostPosted: 10/24/11 12:06 pm • # 278 
Editorialist

Sidartha wrote:
Google maps.

That only works if I'm at home, Sid. You know a dinosaur like me doesn't have internet access on the road.Image

PostPosted: 10/24/11 12:37 pm • # 279 
Ah... you see, I was thinking Google maps before leaving the house. I guess that's the difference between a dinosaur and a neanderthal.

PostPosted: 10/26/11 10:08 am • # 280 
Editorialist

Electronic equipment instruction manuals:

First of all, who the hell decides it must be in fine print? FFS! We got a new car stereo and I had to download a pdf of the manual AND enlarge it on the printer to be able to read it without a magnifying glass AND my glasses. I kid you not. Image

Why don't they have illustrations for idiots like me? LOL, here's one paragraph: "Normally, the FM tuning step employed by seek tuning is 50kHZ. When AF or TA is on the tuning step automatically changes to 100kHZ. It may be preferable to set the tuning step to 50kHZ when AF is on."Image

I wish we had a crying emote, roflmao! I have no fucking clue what the above paragraph means. I can, however, set the clock. Now if I knew how to keep it on display instead of the "wave" of light that I now have it would be nice. I can push a button to bring it back, but as soon as you kill the ignition it defaults to the "wave".  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR the whole manual is in "code", IOW initials for all the functions. I just wanted a simple stereo with a manual tuner, fade and balance knob, on/off switch and maybe, just maybe a bass/treble setting control.Image

This damn thing has TP. What? Do I really NEED toilet paper on a stereo?Image

PostPosted: 10/26/11 10:52 am • # 281 
Administrator

roseanne, this works for me ~ Image ~ and it will have to work for you too until I find a crying emotie ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/26/11 12:13 pm • # 282 
Editorialist

OH roseanne, I feel for 'ya.

My car stereo only displays the clock if I push a button to tell it to, and a few seconds later it reverts to whatever station is tuned in.

I think "AF" is the "automatic frequency" setting, where you just tap the tuning button and it finds the next station by itself, instead of you having to click, click, click up and down the dial. So maybe they mean it searches 99, 100, 101 by default ( 100kHZ) , but if you set it to 50kHZ, it tries 99, 99.5, 100, etc. That's my guess and I'm sticking to it. I bet Jab or Mac knows. lol

TA...TP....no idea.

PostPosted: 10/26/11 12:25 pm • # 283 
Editorialist

Maybe, Chaos. That used to be called "search" and still is..............on the remote! No such animal on the radio itself.  Yes, the stereo has a remote. IN A CAR! WTF? Image I guess if I'm driving around with my posse and they want to control the stereo from the back seat, it's good for that. Image

Ha ha ha, I'm sure we'll get the hang of it or maybe go back to the store and have them give us a guided tour of the damn thing. Sigh. I feel so old.

PostPosted: 10/27/11 11:54 pm • # 284 
Editorialist

There's only one sure way to get your stereo figured out quickly, Roseanne.  Find a teenager.

PostPosted: 10/28/11 12:40 am • # 285 
Editorialist

WB Jim!!!! How was your trip? 

PostPosted: 10/28/11 2:42 am • # 286 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
There's only one sure way to get your stereo figured out quickly, Roseanne.  Find a teenager.
LOL! Yep. The thing is, we found a shop that was able to repair the old radio which is factory and much more simple. So we are returning the new one and keeping the old one. Yea! 

What happened is, in the car we bought, the display on the radio worked fine when we test drove it. Then the day we picked it up, it didn't work and you need it for "menu" purposes. The dealer hemmed and hawed over being responsible for repair and hubby got impatient and went out to buy a new one. Men! Image

How was Florida? Warm, I presume lol.

PostPosted: 10/28/11 3:05 am • # 287 
Editorialist

Hi, Roseanne.  I'm not quite home yet.  I'm sitting in Pearson Airport wating patiently for my flight.  Weatherwise, the first four days we were in Florida I would have been better off up here.  It was cold, windy and rainy.  After that the weather was maginificent.  It was a fun trip although I didn't get to see much of Florida.  The only thing my friend wanted to do was shop so I can tell you where every freakin' Wal-Mart or Macy's from Ft. Myers to Sarasota is but I wouldn't know an Everglade from a desert.  I finally broke out a tricycle somebody had stashed at the condo we were in and bombed all over the place on it.  That was a blast and, after ten days of peddling I'm in great shape.   

PostPosted: 10/28/11 4:26 am • # 288 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
Hi, Roseanne.  I'm not quite home yet.  I'm sitting in Pearson Airport wating patiently for my flight.  Weatherwise, the first four days we were in Florida I would have been better off up here.  It was cold, windy and rainy.  After that the weather was maginificent.  It was a fun trip although I didn't get to see much of Florida.  The only thing my friend wanted to do was shop so I can tell you where every freakin' Wal-Mart or Macy's from Ft. Myers to Sarasota is but I wouldn't know an Everglade from a desert.  I finally broke out a tricycle somebody had stashed at the condo we were in and bombed all over the place on it.  That was a blast and, after ten days of peddling I'm in great shape.   
LMAO! I assume your friend was female? Image  Those tricycles are wonderful, aren't they? No worries about keeping your balance, just pure wind in your hair peddling. Have a safe flight.

PostPosted: 10/28/11 5:18 am • # 289 
Editorialist

I hate liars! I have a tenant who has a cat, for which she still owes a pet fee payment. She, at first, told me that it was a stray that came to her door and she was trying to adopt it out. That was almost a year ago, and it's still there. She lets it run loose. Image I've sent her letters.
Yesterday I went in with our appliance contractor and there was ANOTHER kitten. About 8 weeks old or so. So, she says to me "Do you know whose cat this is?" all wide-eyed and innocent looking. She said it just turned up at her door with her other cat. Yeah, sure!

All of this on top of the fact that, come Nov 1, she will owe us $100 for extra parking. I've sent notices about that too. She called after the last notice and said she had a money order for that, then proceeded to talk about a problem in her unit. We fixed the problem, but I've not seen a penny of payment. It's almost like she thinks if she owes us money we won't do anything for her.

Anyway, I'm going to be sending her a letter letting her know that we won't be renewing her lease at the end of Dec. I feel a tad bad because she just had a baby........that she exposed to pot and ciggy smoke while she was pregnant! Image 

Sometimes I just hate people. lol

PostPosted: 10/29/11 1:37 am • # 290 
I (technically) lied to get my apartment 7 years ago. The landlord asked if I had pets and ... well ... technically I didn't. The cats weren't officially mine until I moved out of my old place. Somehow I think landlords have too much authority over how people live, and in the area of pets... well... I think landlords shouldn't have that much discretion.

PostPosted: 11/02/11 2:45 am • # 291 
Editorialist

LOL Sid. If you had to clean up an apartment after an irresponsible pet owner moved out, you'd rethink that. Dog and cat eliminations soaked through the carpet, carpet pulled up by cat claws and I've even seen cabinet edges chewed up by a dog who was locked in the bathroom all day. Image My place are all owned condos too, so the owners are not too happy with that sort of damage. Collecting damages from a tenant is near to impossible, so the owner pays the price. A security deposit/damage deposit will only go so far.

Besides, that tenant can have a cat. I don't like that she lied about it.............. and they are copious pot smokers that we've had complaints about and pay late. It's not just the cat issue. If it was, I would have booted her a long time ago. Image

PostPosted: 11/02/11 3:29 am • # 292 
Editorialist

The apartments where I lived allowed pets, but required an extra security deposit for them. So it wound up being 1 1/2 mo. basic security deposit, plus another month for pets. So 2 1/2 times the monthly rent for security, plus the first month of rent to get in the door. And that was for a crappy apartment. Image  ( What's the pet fee at your place, roseanne?) 

They were also notorious for keeping security deposits. So when they gave me the form for the inspection, where I was supposed to note anything wrong within the first week, I not only filled it out- I took pictures. The carpet was *not* new, there was a well-worn traffic pattern, burns, stains, and there was a big white bleach ( I think?) stain in the bedroom. Sure enough, when I left they tried to say my cat was the reason the rug needed to be replaced, and they were keeping my 2 1/2 mos. of security deposit. I whipped out my copies of the inspection & pictures. They stalled as long as they legally could but I did eventually get my $ back. 

PostPosted: 11/02/11 4:20 am • # 293 
Editorialist

Our pet fee is only $200 for up to two cats (not each). I've stopped allowing dogs in the rental units because the lazy ass renters would let their dogs relieve themselves on the patio or balcony, not to mention inside damages. Image Although I've also seen one place where they let their cat just do it's business anywhere inside and didn't even have a litter box! How stupid.

I am really picky about move-in inspections. I make sure that I do it with the tenant and mark down every little thing. We are not in the business of trying to screw over tenants when they move out. Pictures are a good idea. I've had a few tenants who've done that, even with me being so thorough on the inspection. I even allow them a week or two to add an addendum to their inspection, via a list of anything they might find later that concerns them. Most people are so intent on moving in or excited, they (and I) sometimes miss things. I do tell them that if they come a week later and say there was a large hole in the wall, I won't buy it, lol. I don't miss those things. Image Our units are quite nice, being owned condos, so there's usually just small things like tiny scratches on laminate flooring, a couple of small stains on the carpet and such.

I've heard a lot of horror stories about being scammed on move out charges. It angers me. The good thing in our Province is that the tenant has the upper hand should they decide to fight any charges via the court or abritration board. That's why I am so picky.

Glad you got your $$ back!!  

PostPosted: 11/02/11 6:32 am • # 294 
In Ontario, landlords can't demand extra fees or deposits beyond first and last months' rent.

PostPosted: 11/15/11 2:27 am • # 295 
Editorialist

If you really feel that you must install extra-retina-burning-super-bright exterior lights around your home, please do your neighbors a favor and change the fixture to one that directs that blinding light on to your property.

*I* don't need nights to be as bright as days...it's actually supposed to be dark at night. Mother nature says so. Image

PostPosted: 11/15/11 3:53 am • # 296 
The Solution

And you don't need a firearms permit either.

PostPosted: 11/15/11 6:27 am • # 297 
Editorialist

Sidartha wrote:
http://www.airgunsbbguns....aisy_Air_Rifles_s/52.htm href="http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/Daisy_Air_Rifles_s/52.htm" rel=nofollow target=_blank>The Solution

And you don't need a firearms permit either.

LOL!

PostPosted: 11/15/11 6:34 am • # 298 
Why not... people buy them to get rid of other "pesky varmints".

PostPosted: 11/15/11 6:50 am • # 299 
Editorialist

Oh surrrrrrre....tempt me, Sid. LOL!

PostPosted: 11/17/11 10:28 am • # 300 
Editorialist

People who make appointments and don't show up or call to cancel.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 23  Next   Page 12 of 23   [ 565 posts ] New Topic Add Reply