It is currently 06/28/24 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: The cinnamon challenge
PostPosted: 03/17/12 12:57 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

I post this because I had to laugh a little. When I was about 4 or 5, my Mom sent me to a neighbors to borrow some cinnamon. On the way back home, I decide to have some, not realizing that my Mom made my cinnamon toast with cinnamon AND sugar! LOL. I thought I was going to die after I coughed for what seemed like ages. It was just a little bit for me, but this trend is not a laughing matter. Kids can try/do the stupidest things.

The cinnamon challenge: Fun or foolish?

When your kids go digging into the spice drawer, don't expect any great culinary creation. They may be looking for the cinnamon, which they want to attempt to swallow, without water.

Spitting, gagging, coughing -- and often vomiting -- follows.

Ah, the fun and games of youth. It's the “cinnamon challenge,â€

PostPosted: 03/18/12 5:59 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

Ah...I wondered why this was getting so much attention lately. Leave it to YouTube! lol It's an old gag, as far as I know. 

PostPosted: 03/19/12 5:11 am • # 3 
Editorialist

Hmmmm......cinnamon toast.  It's been awhile.

PostPosted: 03/19/12 5:35 am • # 4 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:

jim, you might want to consider going back to that or sprinkling it in your coffee. Here is why:

Cinnamon and its nutrients

It has a spicy, sweet flavour, and is used to flavour a variety of savouries. Besides its fiery aroma and flavourful kick, cinnamon is loaded with numerous health benefits.

This spicy bark is a great source of minerals like potassium, calcium, iron, zinc, manganese and magnesium. It also contains high amounts of vitamin-A, niacin, pantothenic acid and pyridoxine.

Cinnamon contains loads of anti-oxidants, in addition to fibre -- that can do wonders for your body.

Health benefits of cinnamon:

Helps lower cholesterol: Studies suggest that adding half a teaspoon of cinnamon can help lower bad cholesterol, aiding your heart health.

Treating infections: Cinnamon is known to have anti-bacterial, anti-microbial properties that can help stop infections, particularly yeast infections and bacterial infections. In fact, adding cinnamon to food inhibits bacterial growth and food spoilage, making it a natural food preservative.

Controlling diabetes: Several studies suggest that cinnamon may have a regulatory effect on blood sugar, making it especially beneficial for people with type-2 diabetes.

Anti-clotting quality: Cinnamon has an anti-clotting effect on the blood.

Reduce inflammation: Studies have shown that one tablespoon of cinnamon a day can help provide significant relief in arthritis pain and swelling.

Aids digestion: Cinnamon helps reduce indigestion, flatulence and nausea. The high fibre content in cinnamon can provide relief to people with irritable bowel syndrome.

Natural warmer: In winters, adding some cinnamon to your diet can help increase your body temperature.

Boosts memory: Cinnamon helps cognitive function and boots memory.

Cancer-fighting properties: Since cinnamon has both calcium and fibre, it helps remove bile (a yellow-green fluid made by the liver) and prevent one of the potential causes of colon cancer.

Advisory against cinnamon

Excessive use of cinnamon stick may cause inflammation of taste buds, gum swelling and mouth ulcers. Also some people can be allergic to cinnamon.

http://lifestyle.in.msn.com/health/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5325474#page=1

PostPosted: 03/19/12 11:15 am • # 5 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
jimwilliam wrote:

jim, you might want to consider going back to that or sprinkling it in your coffee. Here is why:

Cinnamon and its nutrients

It has a spicy, sweet flavour, and is used to flavour a variety of savouries. Besides its fiery aroma and flavourful kick, cinnamon is loaded with numerous health benefits.

This spicy bark is a great source of minerals like potassium, calcium, iron, zinc, manganese and magnesium. It also contains high amounts of vitamin-A, niacin, pantothenic acid and pyridoxine.

Cinnamon contains loads of anti-oxidants, in addition to fibre -- that can do wonders for your body.

Health benefits of cinnamon:

Helps lower cholesterol: Studies suggest that adding half a teaspoon of cinnamon can help lower bad cholesterol, aiding your heart health.

Treating infections: Cinnamon is known to have anti-bacterial, anti-microbial properties that can help stop infections, particularly yeast infections and bacterial infections. In fact, adding cinnamon to food inhibits bacterial growth and food spoilage, making it a natural food preservative.

Controlling diabetes: Several studies suggest that cinnamon may have a regulatory effect on blood sugar, making it especially beneficial for people with type-2 diabetes.

Anti-clotting quality: Cinnamon has an anti-clotting effect on the blood.

Reduce inflammation: Studies have shown that one tablespoon of cinnamon a day can help provide significant relief in arthritis pain and swelling.

Aids digestion: Cinnamon helps reduce indigestion, flatulence and nausea. The high fibre content in cinnamon can provide relief to people with irritable bowel syndrome.

Natural warmer: In winters, adding some cinnamon to your diet can help increase your body temperature.

Boosts memory: Cinnamon helps cognitive function and boots memory.

Cancer-fighting properties: Since cinnamon has both calcium and fibre, it helps remove bile (a yellow-green fluid made by the liver) and prevent one of the potential causes of colon cancer.

Advisory against cinnamon

Excessive use of cinnamon stick may cause inflammation of taste buds, gum swelling and mouth ulcers. Also some people can be allergic to cinnamon.

http://lifestyle.in.msn.com/health/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5325474#page=1
Now if you can come up with something good about the sugar we're in business.  Otherwise all you're doing is building yourself up as you're tearing yourself down - not that I've got a problem with that. 

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply