It is currently 06/16/24 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: 03/30/09 12:27 pm • # 1 
Administrator

Sorry this is so late today ~ if you had a whole day with no responsibilities or obligations or errands or chores to do, how would you spend the day?

Sooz

PostPosted: 03/30/09 12:41 pm • # 2 
Obviously, not posting the VoC Question of the Day, sooz!!!!

If it was a warm day, I'd drink coffee outside on my patio. I'd take my time doing any little mundane task at hand. I'd go out for lunch with hubby and then a walk and maybe a movie. Read a book, call my friends to talk. Be hedonistic!!!!

PostPosted: 03/30/09 12:56 pm • # 3 
let me think about that...hmmmmm...ok Imageprobably just play pool all day with JW...ha haImage

PostPosted: 03/30/09 1:25 pm • # 4 
As Judy mentioned, it would depend on how nice of a day it was. Either way, I'd first sleep in and cook a big brunch for myself. Then, if it was a nice, warm day, I'd head out to one of the many hiking/walking trails around here, and bring along a paperback book (not lugging around a hardcover for a walk on a trail). I'd walk for a while, get some exercise, and when I was tired, I'd find a nice tree to sit under or bench and read my book. If it was cold out, I'd just spend the day curled up on a sofa reading. Then I think I'd call up a friend or two to head to a nice restaurant and then off to one of the bars where there's dancing (how late I stayed out would depend on whether I had the next day free of responsibilities and chores too).

PostPosted: 03/30/09 6:16 pm • # 5 
Up early - I wouldn't want to burn any daylight on this day! Leisurely breakfast - poached eggs on toast and several cups of coffee while I catch up with what's going on in the world. Train to London and morning at Tate Modern. Bistro lunch with friends. Train to Oxford and afternoon at Ashmolean. Afternoon tea at the Randolph. Train home (all train journeys to include excellent book, btw). Leisurely evening with family, old films and Indian snacks. Perfect. Image

PostPosted: 03/31/09 3:41 am • # 6 
Editorialist

I'd putter around in the shop, or take a little motorcycle ride to a place not too far away, find a main street diner and have lunch, or just fiddle with computers. Probably all three of those things.

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply