It is currently 09/28/24 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: Sistermoon?
PostPosted: 08/02/12 8:14 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

I am removing the link from my site on deviantart.com , which I should not have posted on an open forum.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.    I should have sent the link to Sistermoon on her profile page.  It was an ooops. 

Last edited by Jeannedeurk1 on 08/03/12 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 08/03/12 4:39 am • # 2 
Did you do those jd?

They are lovely.

PostPosted: 08/03/12 9:57 am • # 3 
Editorialist

Yes.   Sistermoon said she was into art.  Wanted to share.

PostPosted: 08/03/12 10:57 am • # 4 
Administrator

JD, your work is really beautiful ~ I'm VERY envious since I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 08/03/12 3:23 pm • # 5 
Hi I just saw this....are they yours Jeanne? Really nice!

PostPosted: 08/03/12 3:29 pm • # 6 
I see you are using those Derwent Inktense pencils...I have to get some of those. I have seen other people use them on fabric and they look really nice.

PostPosted: 08/03/12 4:29 pm • # 7 
Editorialist

You posted you like doing art projects.  I do too.  I used to do a lot more. 

I made jewelry and hand painted t-shirts.  I made elaborate old fashioned Christmas tree ornaments, using the satin balls, lace, braid, sequins, rhinestones, cabuchons and ribbons.  Worked with the bakeable clay and shrink art materials for jewelry and decorated picture frames.  Worked with my aunt  and cousin in sewing and decorating Mardi Gras costume for several of the krewes in New Orleans.  Also used to dress little eighteen inch dolls in replicas of the Mardi Gras queens costume.

Then I discovered pastels and regressed to finger painting.  There were some things I couldn't do with pastels, so I picked up cheap starter kits of other media and tried to do things the right way.  The only thing I know about what a I do and how I do it is that I love color, glitz and glitter, shiney things and lotsa details. 

I don't understand much about Deviant Art because they use the language of "computer art" for the most part, and I don't understand it at all. 

But, you mentioned you wanted to get back to doing some artwork and I thought I would love to see someone elses creations.  Since I am not strong enough to participate in exhibitions any longer, I don't get to share with others who enjoy creating things with paint and other materials.  Hope you'll share some with me.  Thanks.

I didn't know you could use inktense pencils on fabric.  Are they used for temporary purposes?  I was told these are water soluable and, from the mixing I did on the beta, they seem to be.  So they would likely wash out of fabric, if the fabric was used for clothing or something that would be washed.  Or not?  Any way, if you don't want to share on here, I would really like to see some of your projects.  You could send them in a private message on my profile page, or direct me to a link where I might share in what you do.  Again, thanks.

Now that I know you have the link, I will remove it from the OP by editing it out.  I should have sent it to you by private email, but I really wasn't thinking too clearly at that time.

PostPosted: 08/04/12 3:59 pm • # 8 
Hi Jeanne, thanks for sharing and I can't see any reason why you'd need to remove the link.

I like fibre arts, mixed media painting, art journaling and have a guilty closet love of scrapbooking. I also do artist trading card workshops every few weeks. We just cleared out a nice South facing room in our house and painted it and it's being converted to an art studio so I will have no excuse now. I have a few projects on the go. If I could find a way to post my stuff without John Q. Public seeing it I would but you never know who's lurking around here, lol. Well actually I DO know who is lurking around here and don't care to share with them. Image I will be happy to email you some images when I get back from my holidays. I can show you some of my artist trading cards and a couple of portraits I've done. I can also show you some images from a fibre arts show I participated in with several other artists; I had 2 pieces in the show that I created with 2 different partners.

Re: the inktense pencils, the people I know who use them on fabric are doing art quilts and those never get washed so it's ok if they're water soluble. Maybe there is a version for fabric, but I think they were just using the regular ones. I like to use the Pantone pencil crayons right on fabric. They are quite expensive but such high quality I think it's worth it.

PostPosted: 08/04/12 6:26 pm • # 9 
Sorry I meant Prismacolour, not Pantone.

PostPosted: 08/05/12 4:01 am • # 10 
Editorialist

I wanna see!!!!!!!!!Image  PM me JD, please....or anyone who has the link. Image

PostPosted: 08/05/12 9:44 am • # 11 
Editorialist

I use Prismacolor pencils as well as their watercolor pencils.    I bought a bunch of Sharpies, and I joined the Sharpies group on DA, but I don't get it.  Mostly, they are used by younger artists who do different, more popular art types....with the tv animated characters.  I don't know who they are, but there seem to be a million of them, known to even millions more people.  lol.

Looking forward to viewing some of your work.  I have written to you by private message.

Roseanne, I have also sent the link to you by private message.  Thanks for your interest.

jd

PostPosted: 08/05/12 9:47 am • # 12 
Editorialist

Wow JD, your work is incredible!  Artists are always their own worst critics. ImageImage  Just listen to those who see it and praise it, not your inner demons, ok? Image

Artistic talent and craftiness bypassed me I think. My Mom was fantastic, my oldest daughter has talent. Although.....at one time, I was very creative so maybe when (if) I retire, I can revisit that.

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ] New Topic Add Reply