It is currently 06/16/24 9:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
PostPosted: 04/11/09 5:25 am • # 1 
Administrator

Given today's post about Fluffy's Dad's urgent need for a double organ [liver/kidney] transplant, are you a registered organ donor?

Sooz

PostPosted: 04/11/09 5:36 am • # 2 
Yes.

PostPosted: 04/11/09 8:13 am • # 3 
Yes,

PostPosted: 04/11/09 8:31 am • # 4 
Yes, for what it's worth. I doubt they will get much they can use from me due to health problems I have had, but they can have anything as long as they take it fast and then cremate the rest.

PostPosted: 04/11/09 9:37 am • # 5 
No, because registering doesn't mean anything. It's up to your next of kin to make the final decision. Though, I will be signing up for the body donation program just because that does require registering in advance for it to happen. I waiver back and forth between donating just organs to help a few people and donating my whole body to a med school to train physicians who can help a whole lot of people. This is why I haven't registered, so I can change my mind. My next of kin are aware of my views, which is the important part. Right now, I figure as long as I'm young enough to have useful, healthy organs, if something were to lead to my early demise, I'd probably prefer organ donation (though, I wish I could put restrictions on that...I don't really want to donate lungs to a smoker and a liver to an alcoholic over training med students, but would donate them to someone who had some illness that wasn't a result of bad lifestyle choices...such as a donating to someone who contracted TB and was now cured but suffered organ damage). I figure as I get older, the decision will get easier that my organs will be less useful for transplants, and whole body donation will be the more useful thing.

PostPosted: 04/11/09 11:41 pm • # 6 
Yes, and my family has been notified.

PostPosted: 04/12/09 1:19 pm • # 7 
Administrator

Yes, I have elected/registered to be an organ donor.

Sooz

PostPosted: 04/13/09 2:14 am • # 8 
Editorialist

Yes, it's indicated on my license, and in my living will.

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply