It is currently 06/16/24 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
PostPosted: 04/12/09 2:22 am • # 1 

May all of you have or find your soulmate, best friend, spouse all wrapped up in one.

A few days ago my wife and I celebrated our 27th anniversary. I spent the day going to all of her favorite shopping places, and did not grumble one time. I did not roll my eyes, sigh, or sit down exasperated one time. We went to a matinee movie, then to her favorite seafood restaurant. Even the smell of seafood makes me nauseous. See third sentence. Along with the standard anniversary gifts, that was the best one I could think of. What I learned (again) is that making a loved one happy gives more joy, happiness, and satisfaction than anything that could be given to me.

Now, I have to gently make sure she doesn't think this will be a weekly or monthly ritual. After all, I did miss the second round of the Masters on TV that day.

PostPosted: 04/12/09 3:46 am • # 2 
LOL NC. Hold on to and enjoy each other. I wish you many more years of happiness. Image

PostPosted: 04/12/09 4:06 am • # 3 
Congratulations, NC! That's a great way to mark the day.

My wife and I are celebrating our 25th a week from Monday - We'll be playing golf, which has become our mutual passion.

PostPosted: 04/12/09 4:16 am • # 4 
Administrator

Congrats and hugs to NC/MrsNC and gop/Mrsgop ~ Image ~ from a female point of view, both NC and gop "get it" ~ quality time together is THE best gift possible ~ I add my own good wishes to AQ's for many more years of happiness together ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 04/12/09 4:28 am • # 5 
If she really loved you NC she'd have taken you to the Masters.
It'll never last. Image

Congrats to you all.
Heartwarming stuff.

PostPosted: 04/12/09 6:20 am • # 6 
Congrats, though, what did she do for you to celebrate the day? Love should work both ways, making it a day for BOTH of you, not just for pampering her.

PostPosted: 04/12/09 8:18 am • # 7 
Calluna, not to turn a happy thought into a somewhat dreary one, I should explain. She pampers me 24/7. Why? Beats the hell out of me -- I'm lucky to have her. Anyway, 5 years ago I had a small stroke, followed 6 months later by a big ole heart attack. We were just sitting around at home, and then I had all the symptoms. She did not even wait to call an amublance. She literally picked me up and put me in the car and took me to the hospital. As soon as they laid me on the E.R. bed, they pronounced me dead. Then they used the paddles four times, and to the dismay of many, I came back.

May I live a thousand years to pamper her.

PostPosted: 04/12/09 10:09 am • # 8 
Editorialist

NewCentury wrote:
Calluna, not to turn a happy thought into a somewhat dreary one, I should explain. She pampers me 24/7. Why? Beats the hell out of me -- I'm lucky to have her. Anyway, 5 years ago I had a small stroke, followed 6 months later by a big ole heart attack. We were just sitting around at home, and then I had all the symptoms. She did not even wait to call an amublance. She literally picked me up and put me in the car and took me to the hospital. As soon as they laid me on the E.R. bed, they pronounced me dead. Then they used the paddles four times, and to the dismay of many, I came back.

i don't know who is lucker, you or the rest of us. may you live long and well, NC.

PostPosted: 04/12/09 10:39 am • # 9 
I think taking care of one another and putting each other first does make for a wonderful marriage. Congrats to NC for 27 years and Gop for 25. Having not had that long term success myself yet, I have the uptmost respect for those who do. I will be spending my 9th anniversary with my husband in Hawaii this June. I'd spend my anniversary with him anywhere, though I'm very happy for Hawaii.

There is nothing better than a good, happy marriage and I wish it for everyone.

PostPosted: 04/12/09 11:03 am • # 10 
I feel the need to clarify my last post a bit at least the last sentence. When I said marriage, I meant relationship or partnership. It doesn't matter one lick to me if people are married to one another, in a gay relationship, or with a different race. Just as long as you love each other deeply and have the other's interests always in mind.

PostPosted: 04/12/09 12:39 pm • # 11 
NewCentury wrote:

Ah, good to hear it is working both ways then. :smile: Sounds like the two of you have a wonderful relationship, and I wish you many many more years together.

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ] New Topic Add Reply