It is currently 06/28/24 7:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 18 posts ]
 Post subject: Boo!
PostPosted: 10/12/12 10:49 am • # 1 
Editorialist

LOL!!! We just won a 4-pack of tickets to The Bates Motel! :happydance Thank you WMGK!

http://thebatesmotel.com/

Post subject: Re: Boo!
PostPosted: 10/12/12 11:32 am • # 2 
Administrator

Ummm ... I'm not sure how to respond to your op, Chaos ~ congrats? ~ hoping you're scared mindless? ~ wishing you nightmares following your visit? ~ :eek

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/12/12 11:49 am • # 3 
Have lots of fun, chaos!!!!

Jeff's nephew is bringing his two little girls (ages 7 and 11) the weekend prior to Halloween. I am looking for a local haunted hayride.

I love them. I was the one who was always screaming when Freddie came after us with the chainsaw. Jason and his friends just shook their heads. LOL!!!!

PostPosted: 10/12/12 12:08 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

But.....but....the screaming is the FUN part! We sure screamed at Terror Behind the Walls last year, and I was kind of bummed out that we couldn't go again this year. I love this stuff!

They said they'd "get in touch with us" on how to go about getting our hands on the tickets. As far as I know you have to pick things up in person at the studio, with photo ID of the winner, from 9-5 Mon-Fri. This could get complicated. The only photo ID hubby has (he was the official winner) is his DL, and he needs that for work. Ah well, no sense fretting about it yet, I guess. Maybe they can mail 'em if I beg.

PostPosted: 10/12/12 12:18 pm • # 5 
OMG!!!!! I think if we went to Eastern State Penitentiary for a tour on a bright sunny summer we'd still be screaming. That place is just creepy naturally well enough haunting it for Halloween.

We went twice probably when Jason was around kiddo's age. I think Matt's little girls are too wimpy for Terror Behind the Walls though. They are more Storybook Land level. It's not scary there (there may be a witch or too) but it's bedazzled for Halloween.

PostPosted: 10/12/12 12:49 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

Terror Behind the Walls does have nights especially for kids Kath....where all they have to say is "Monster be Good!" and the spooky people back off right away.

PostPosted: 10/12/12 2:25 pm • # 7 
Editorialist

You've been lucky with them, Chaos. First a wedding, now this. I hear about their contests, since we listen to it all day, and wish we could enter. :( Maybe we could, but then how would we get there to cash in? : lol

That looks absolutely, wonderfully frightening. :D :eek2 I watched the videos at from the link you gave.

PostPosted: 10/12/12 3:03 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

Debbi Calton (noontime nuggets) had hubby on the air for about 30 seconds today, roseanne. She called here and we chatted for a quick bit while I got her his new work phone number. Forgot to update our info on their website. oops. :rolleyes LOL!
I grabbed our pocket recorder so kiddo could hear it when she got home. Such a simple thing, but we get such a kick out of it.

PostPosted: 10/12/12 4:24 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

I hear ya. We were thrilled to get the shout out that time. It's neat.

PostPosted: 10/13/12 8:32 am • # 10 
Editorialist

That place looks great, Chaos. You guys will have a great time.

When I first saw your post I thought you were talking about the new movie "The Bates Motel". I was surprised they were giving away tickets already because they are in the process of filmning it right next door to my house now.

PostPosted: 10/13/12 3:01 pm • # 11 
Editorialist

Get over there, Jim! Maybe they can use you as an extra!

PostPosted: 10/13/12 6:52 pm • # 12 
Editorialist

More than attending one of these things, I LOVE to be part of the cast. So much fun to scare people. :lol Did it years and years ago with a local Jaycee group, a couple of years in a row. What fun!

PostPosted: 10/14/12 10:28 pm • # 13 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
Get over there, Jim! Maybe they can use you as an extra!

After I mentioned the movie yesterday I went out for a drive. Right along side 272nd St. is the full scale set of the motel with the HOuse up on the hill. I've got pictures. Maybe under the new format I will be able to post them. My ability to do it under Yuku disappeared when I started to use the "fine" setting on my camera.

PostPosted: 10/27/12 9:33 pm • # 14 
Editorialist

Well that was a blast!

We were lucky, got there just as they opened so the lines weren't too bad at all. They sure do put on a show!

Made me jump twice...and I am NOT easily spooked, but they got me looking in one direction and then BAM-out popped someone else where I didn't expect it. LOL! Had a few creepies sneak up on us while we were on the hayride, too.

Nice section of zombies along the way, had us surrounded....very "Walking Dead". :lol

PostPosted: 10/31/12 3:07 pm • # 15 
Editorialist

Went to Fright Night last night at the PNE with my secretary and her girls. They had a really good time with all the rides, the Haunted Mansion, the Asylum and all the spooky characters popping out everywhere - some of those weirdos were probably even part of the show.

One thing I noticed is that, if you put a gaggle of girls together, they can freak each other out no matter how unscary the situation is. The noise level was deafening.

On the movie front, we finally got the Bates Motel out of town and tomorrow the kid who played Harry Potter is moving in next door to film another movie called "Horns". I'm not sure what it's about but I saw a picture of him in one of the local papers today sporting a pair of horns.

PostPosted: 10/31/12 3:21 pm • # 16 
Editorialist

Horns (2013)

In the aftermath of his girlfriend's mysterious death, a young man awakens to strange horns sprouting from his temples.

Starring:
Juno Temple
Daniel Ratcliffe

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1528071/

PostPosted: 10/31/12 3:25 pm • # 17 
Editorialist

A little more info:

Based on the novel by Joe Hill, the story follows a young man (played by Radcliffe) accused of murdering his girlfriend. One morning, he awakens to find that he is growing horns with the power to force people to confess their sins, a gift the character uses to clear his name and solve his girlfriend’s murder.

http://screenrant.com/daniel-radcliffe- ... nz-187672/

PostPosted: 11/01/12 9:29 am • # 18 
Editorialist

Thanks for the links, Roseanne. All I know is that today he is going to be working less than a hundred feet from my back door. For some strange reason Secretary's girls (10, 13 & 16) have all asked if they can come and visit this afternoon.

Page 1 of 1   [ 18 posts ] New Topic Add Reply