It is currently 09/28/24 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Following the links
PostPosted: 10/15/12 7:08 am • # 1 
Editorialist

As I've said before, I sometimes spend an hour or more following links after searching for one bit of information.

This morning, it wasn't that long, but it was interesting. Fluff, but fun.
Amber Tamblyn has long been one of my favorite young actresses since she appeared on General Hospital. Her character was one of the sweeter ones, instead of the haughty, "ain't I pretty" types. Then in "Joan of Arcadia" I loved her! Too bad that was short-lived.

On House, she played a vulnerable young resident who, before she left, managed to stand up to House. She played that perfectly, imo.

I saw this morning that she got married to David Cross, a comic. They married on the shore of a river somewhere secret. Yellow wedding dress, fall trees for a backdrop and she arrived by canoe. Fantastic. A great, intimate celebration. Here are some pics taken by a close friend:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.1179409

Now to the crux of my post, lol. In researching the couple, I found that David Cross had a very sad, disturbing childhood which seems to be a commonality among comics.

The best part about the research was about Amber. Her Dad, Russ Tamblyn, is an actor and acted in "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers". Her uncle, Larry Tamblyn, was keyboardist for the "Standells"... "Dirty Water". Her godfathers are: Dean Stockwell, Dennis Hopper and Neil Young. Wow.

I love this sort of search that takes me from one thing to another. Sometimes I get lost..........in a good way. :)

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply