It is currently 09/28/24 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: 10/24/12 9:50 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

That's the first question. I am thinking of trying to sell some ACEO prints and originals on ebay, but I am afraid I may be too old and too handicapped to handle the process. I can't afford to mess up my bank account, and I haven't had anything on credit for over thirty years. I'm not even sure they'll accept a person without a recent credit history.

Secondly question: Can someone tell me if there is a way to post pictures on here without using photo bucket. I have a bunch of absolutely great emoticons and I had moved some to an album on Yuku, but I don't know how to upload on here. I have a Photobucket account, but, I can't even find my own pictures any more on there. So, unless there's some other way to get to my pictures, I'm stuck with what's offered on the smilies.

Thanks for any responses, in advance.

jd

PostPosted: 10/25/12 5:49 am • # 2 
Editorialist

For the first part of your question, a lot of online sellers like Ebay accept Paypal as a payment method (Ebay owns Paypal). http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/accept-paypal.html

Jabra could help you with the second although you can probably get your Yuku pictures to post here by copy/pasting the url for the picture into your post, highlighting it and then clicking on the IMG button in the post editor up top. Just preview to make sure it works before hitting submit.

PostPosted: 10/25/12 7:41 am • # 3 
Administrator

JD, try what laffin suggests to post a picture ~ and if you need a step-by-step explanation, take a look at our How to post published pictures thread in our Tech board ~ feel free to practice in this thread ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/25/12 7:51 am • # 4 
Editorialist

Hubby stopped using ebay when they bought PayPal and made it mandatory to use that or to if you have your own credit card processor. LOL, he once got paid with Canadian Tire money for some video games.

He resented the fact that ebay via PayPal takes a percentage of every transaction and makes millions doing that.

I would suggest that you use Kijiji. Free and VERY popular in Canada for buying or selling. I've seen some original artwork on sale for thousands. Also craigslist. That seems to be more popular in Alabama. Another free service. You can post pictures of your items on both, meet in person to legitimize the transaction or use a surrogate for that.

I bought my recumbent bike on Kijiji for $45. Picked it up after testing it. Paid cash. This model sells for around $200+ new here. I just bought a storage ottoman last weekend. Bonded leather, large and just what I wanted for $140. Again, picked it up from the seller after being able to examine it for damage. I had been looking and looking, but refused to pay $300+ for a new one, lol. This one is as good as new. :D

PostPosted: 10/25/12 8:38 am • # 5 
Editorialist

Thanks to all of you who responded. I will try on this thread to post pictures. Someone else posted the little emoticon I have illustrating "vomit." I was trying to find a way to post one or two of the ones I had but couldn't figure out how.

I have finally figured out how to get eight copies on a page of photo or computer watercolor paper, and I have a lot of artwork that can be printed small, plus those I am working on now. I still can't use the brush very well, but I am making some headway with pencils and pens. I don't know Kijiji, but I've heard of it. Never visited the site, but, I will do that today sometime.

Again, thanks to all.

jd

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply