It is currently 06/25/24 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
PostPosted: 11/03/12 10:43 am • # 1 
Editorialist

I know I wouldn't want my beauty products frolicking with my broccoli. :eyes :lol People are so freaking gullible. The people who buy this have more money than they have sense, imo.

Would you spend this much on a cosmetics refrigerator?

When it's early morning and you’re fishing around the refrigerator for your de-puffing eye cream whilst half asleep, it’s easy to mistake your hummus for a cosmetic product. You have that problem, too, right? Of course you do.

So, LA Closet Design thought you might want to have an entirely separate fridge for your beauty products. After all, who would dare place their pricey La Mer cream next to last night’s leftovers?

The beauty fridge, that reminds us a lot of the mini fridge we had in University, could be yours for just $2075 USD. Yes, our jaw dropped too.

If you have bags and bags of expensive products, it would be understandable that you’d want some extra space for those luxurious items. And if that's the case, paying $2075 for a beauty fridge probably seems like a steal for someone with oodles of cash to blow.

Luxury closet designer Lisa Adams told Allure magazine that she’s previously suggested her clients invest in a beauty refrigerator - especially if they have a lot of products.

The beauty closet features shelves, glass doors and dividers to keep your perfumes away from your spot corrector and your serum away from your creams. Taking a ‘vanity dresser’ to a whole other level, we can’t help but wonder if this would be every little girl’s dream in the future.

If you have the extra dollars lying around for a beauty fridge, would this be your next investment? We’re going to hold out for Black Friday, just in case.

http://blog.fashionism.ca/2012/11/would ... rator.html

PostPosted: 11/08/12 5:21 pm • # 2 
The message is not necessarily the fridge but the lifestyle that the fridge represents.

PostPosted: 11/09/12 10:06 am • # 3 
Editorialist

Let me start by saying I rarely wear makeup and own very little. Just not a big thing with me. BUT...

Top-quality makeup can be quite expensive. If someone is already investing thousands of dollars in products, then they have thousands of dollars to spend. And yes, it's fairly well-accepted that keeping those products in a cool location is better than storing them in a steamy bathroom or something.

People who are into expensive cigars buy humidors, people with wine collections have wine cellars, people with lots of tools spend *thousands* on tool boxes ( ahem!). So I don't see much difference in a fridge for makeup.

But someone should tell them that they can get a little fridge for under $100.

PostPosted: 11/09/12 3:01 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

Well yes Chaos. But the $100 fridge doesn't have a glass door to display your expensive beauty items. When you are that wealthy, it's most important to display all of your things to prove how wealthy you are.

PostPosted: 11/13/12 11:17 am • # 5 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
Let me start by saying I rarely wear makeup and own very little. Just not a big thing with me. BUT...

Top-quality makeup can be quite expensive. If someone is already investing thousands of dollars in products, then they have thousands of dollars to spend. And yes, it's fairly well-accepted that keeping those products in a cool location is better than storing them in a steamy bathroom or something.

People who are into expensive cigars buy humidors, people with wine collections have wine cellars, people with lots of tools spend *thousands* on tool boxes ( ahem!). So I don't see much difference in a fridge for makeup.

But someone should tell them that they can get a little fridge for under $100.

Why not just keep it in the beer fridge out in the garage by the tool boxes.

PostPosted: 11/15/12 3:47 pm • # 6 
Au d 10W40...

PostPosted: 11/15/12 8:11 pm • # 7 
Editorialist

Sidartha wrote:
Au d 10W40...

WD40 is actually a pretty good makeup remover.

PostPosted: 11/16/12 7:35 pm • # 8 
That stuff is good for a lot of things.

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply