It is currently 06/25/24 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/04/12 9:49 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

I've been watching the Swiffer ads for a while now. They always show some woman who can finish her work quickly and the have time to:

Read a book

Have coffee on the front porch

Take a bath using beauty products from a gift basket

And my fave :sarcasm :

A man and woman in the kitchen. He's stuffing his face, she's mopping with a Swiffer. She gets done quickly so.........they can dance!!

Just once, I'd like to see a man using one of the products and finish just in time to plop his ass down to watch his favorite sports team or go fishing.

I was going to send an email (for all the good it would do) until I began to realize that ALL cleaning product ads show the "women folk" doing the cleaning. Tubs, toilets, kitchen. All the while the kids and hubby are goofing around making the damn messes. Hell, even some scented spray commercial shows a man turning up his nose at the smell of the fish they had for dinner and the little wifey gets up to bring out the spray. Enough!! :angry

I am fortunate to have a husband and a partner. He cleans, does laundry and whatever else it takes around the house. He can use a Swiffer as efficiently as I can. Imagine that! :b

PostPosted: 12/05/12 7:53 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Ever notice how women don't need any feminine protection products after 6PM? Seems in the evenings, all the ladies want is for men to overcome their erectile dysfunction.

PostPosted: 12/05/12 9:17 am • # 3 
Editorialist

Before you bitch about the way women are portrayed in ads, check the way men are portrayed. According to the advertising industry we're all half witted nincompoops incapable of doing anything except drive full size pick-up trucks to the nearest bar after work.

PostPosted: 12/05/12 10:31 am • # 4 
Editorialist

True jim. I think it's about time the ad agencies caught up with the real world and quit stereotyping.

PostPosted: 12/05/12 4:38 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

Yeah, some of us drive cars to the bar after work.

PostPosted: 12/05/12 4:43 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
Yeah, some of us drive cars to the bar after work.

lmao

PostPosted: 12/05/12 4:47 pm • # 7 
Ad agencies are interested in selling product; not reflecting an accurate depection of life. That's cross purposes.

It's not unlike the selling of a President. Create an illusion the market will buy.

PostPosted: 12/05/12 5:01 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

Maybe so, but don't you think more women would buy cleaning products if they showed a sexy man (aka boyfriend or husband) using them enthusiastically? ;)

A little subliminal message. "Buy this and your man will use it" sort of thing.

PostPosted: 12/05/12 11:44 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
Maybe so, but don't you think more women would buy cleaning products if they showed a sexy man (aka boyfriend or husband) using them enthusiastically? ;)

A little subliminal message. "Buy this and your man will use it" sort of thing.

Think about that a bit. If you are like any woman I have ever been with, whatever the guy cleans isn't good enough no matter how hard he tries. The way I figure it, a woman wouold look at an ad of a man cleaning something and just think "Ahghh shit!! Something else I have to do."

PostPosted: 12/06/12 10:01 am • # 10 
Editorialist

LMAO@ jimwilliam. I would look at the ad and think- "damn, he's using the wrong thing. A brush and brand x would clean that better and faster."

PostPosted: 12/06/12 10:22 am • # 11 
Editorialist

As I have matured, I have lost the desire to be that controlling. When hubby cleans, I walk away. When he's done, I thank him and move on. If there was ever a time, (there isn't) that I saw something I thought done improperly, I wouldn't care. It will get done the next time.

I've also learned that I am not nearly as good at cleaning as I thought. All I have to do is put on my reading glasses.....holy shit! I miss tons of things. lmao
Sometimes I wear them when I clean, other times I do not. Depends on how clean I want things to be. It's sort of nice to clean with no expectations. When I had great eyesight, I didn't have that option. :D

PostPosted: 12/07/12 8:04 am • # 12 
Administrator

That's because there's clean and then there's obssessive.
Corporations want obsessive so they can sell more shyte by making y'all feel guilty about stuff not being "clean enough". A prime example is all those allegedly "anti-bacterial" soap dispensers at damn near every street corner.
Don't forget, though, that there are good bacteria that actually protect you. You're killing the good guys at the same time.

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ] New Topic Add Reply