It is currently 06/25/24 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Dutchess the kitty
PostPosted: 01/02/13 9:41 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

I see dozens of critter stories daily, some happy, many of them sad...this one grabbed me, maybe because as a kid I had a pony with that name.

Go to the link for pictures....they may seem a little graphic, but compared to how she looked at the start, this is incredible improvement!

http://www.lifewithcats.tv/2012/12/15/2 ... nd-better/

To briefly recap the circumstances that brought Dutchess to U of I, she was trapped inside when her home burned, and was rescued by firefighter Toni Day, who picked her up from her hiding place beneath a sofa and handed her to out through a window to someone on the outside, thinking she might be too far gone to survive. She was taken for emergency care at Central Illinois Small Animal Rescue. A few days later, Dutchess’ guardian Jackie Jones took her to the University of Illinois’ Small Animal Clinic, where she has remained while receiving care. The Jones family lost everything in the fire, except for Dutchess. Toni Day and her partner set up the The Dutchess Burn Fund Facebook page to help raise money for her care, but the page became a place to celebrate the cat as she healed, and for Dutchess’ photos, videos and updates to be shared, as she made a remarkable recovery.

Post subject: Re: Dutchess the kitty
PostPosted: 01/03/13 11:25 am • # 2 
Poor baby!

Post subject: Re: Dutchess the kitty
PostPosted: 01/03/13 1:55 pm • # 3 
po' kittie....

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply