It is currently 06/25/24 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Truth will out
PostPosted: 02/08/13 1:58 pm • # 1 
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootbal ... ers-020813

Updated Feb 8, 2013 2:09 PM ET
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP)
Breaking more than a year of silence, Sue Paterno is defending her late husband as a ''moral, disciplined'' man who never twisted the truth to avoid bad publicity.

The wife of the former Penn State coach is fighting back against the accusations against Joe Paterno that followed the Jerry Sandusky scandal. Her campaign started with a letter sent Friday to former Penn State players.

She wrote that the family's exhaustive response to former FBI director Louis Freeh's report for the university on the Sandusky child sex abuse case will officially be released to the public at 9 a.m. Sunday on paterno.com.

Freeh in July accused Joe Paterno and three university officials of covering up allegations against Sandusky, a retired defensive coordinator. Less than two weeks later, the NCAA levied unprecedented sanctions on the program that Joe Paterno built into one of the most well-known in college football.

''When the Freeh report was released last July, I was as shocked as anyone by the findings and by Mr. Freeh's extraordinary attack on Joe's character and integrity. I did not recognize the man Mr. Freeh described,'' Sue Paterno wrote. ''I am here to tell you as definitively and forcefully as I know how that Mr. Freeh could not have been more wrong in his assessment of Joe.''

Call it a "gut feeling" but I have never thought Joe Paterno guilty of "cover up" and I hope his widow is successful in clearing his name and legacy...more can be read at above link.

Post subject: Re: Truth will out
PostPosted: 02/09/13 4:09 pm • # 2 
Administrator

I'd like it to be proven false, too ~ but here's my thinking: while he may have chosen to not believe it, the abuse went on for so long that I'm not sure there is any way that Joe Paterno could NOT know ~ but even if he did not believe it, I see him as having both a legal and moral obligation, to both Penn State and especially to the children, to launch some kind of investigation ~ sometimes in even the closest/most intimate relationships, we don't really know the other person as well as we might think we do ~

Sooz

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply