It is currently 06/28/24 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 title=
 Post subject: Random good things
PostPosted: 03/01/13 1:21 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

:hrt We're celebrating our 20th Anniversary this weekend. :happydance As I recall, right now 20 years ago Hubby was reluctantly being fitted for his wedding duds, and insisting that the motorcycle boots looked just fine.

Just came home to a message on the phone from the gym & health teacher, just to say that kiddo is doing great, is always prepared, tries her best and is "a joy to have in my class". I think this is something new, it's the second time this year a teacher has called out of the blue to say good things. A small gesture, but what a great idea!

Beautiful day, robins all over the yard and I noticed this morning that my daffodils are up!

Post subject: Re: Random good things
PostPosted: 03/01/13 3:15 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

Happy anniversary!! Any plans? lol @ the boots

Daffodils. Sigh, I wish they would grow here as perinnials. I don't have time to dig them up and replant every year. (in our courtyard). I LOVE them! So cheery and bright. :D

It's currently 54F here and sunny!! Sunday 29F and snow. LOLOL

PostPosted: 03/02/13 9:34 am • # 3 
Editorialist

That's cool, Chaos. Congratulations. I don't get your point about the boots though.

PostPosted: 03/02/13 9:43 am • # 4 
Administrator

CONGRATS and wishing you many more anniversaries, Chaos and hubby ~ :fl

I love the idea of the positive teacher messages ~ I'm going to mention that at school ~

And LOL at jim ~ nothing personal, but that figures ~ :b

Sooz

PostPosted: 03/02/13 10:02 am • # 5 
Editorialist

Somehow I knew you'd like the positive teacher phone call idea, sooz. lol

Jim, those boots just weren't going to work with the pants unless he tucked the pants *in* the boots. They weren't "boot cut" tux pants. (Not to worry, they had shoes for rent too.) But he did get to wear the boots when we renewed our vows last year, so it's all good.

Roseanne, we're dropping kiddo off with friends for a sleepover tonight. :smokin

PostPosted: 03/02/13 2:28 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

Happy anniversary. We lead parallel lives -our 20th is in Sept.
Congrats on the Congrats. It's always nice to hear nice things about our little cherubs. Have fun tonight.

PostPosted: 03/07/13 8:04 am • # 7 
Editorialist

Kiddo qualified to apply for the Junior Honor Society, we got a letter and application. We aren't going to bother-they want all kinds of volunteer and civic and "leadership" activities outside of school and she doesn't have that-but we're still proud of her!

PostPosted: 03/07/13 5:11 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

Wow, congrats on being selected!

Strange. When I was in HS, the NJHS and NHS were bestowed on grades alone. We didn't have to apply, but were "pinned" on the selection day with little ribbons. It was very fun and exciting, waiting to see if you would get "pinned".

I sort of understand how they want students to be well rounded, but there are other "clubs" for that where civic leadership is important, I think.

No having graduated from college, I wonder if Cum Laude or Suma Cum Laude have such requirements or if it's on grade average alone. I found this about Gold Key International, a collegiate honor society:

The Golden Key International Honour Society (formerly Golden Key National Honor Society) is an Atlanta, Georgia-based non-profit organization[2] founded in 1977 to recognise academic achievement among college and university students in all disciplines.

Golden Key currently has over 400 chapters at colleges and universities in eight countries: Australia, Canada, India, Malaysia, New Zealand, South Africa, The Bahamas and the United States. Golden Key is the world's largest collegiate honor society. Membership into Golden Key is by invitation only, to the top 15% of college/university 2nd, 3rd and 4th year students and top performing US graduate students in all fields of study, based solely on the criteria of their academic achievements.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Key ... ur_Society

PostPosted: 03/07/13 9:56 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

Hmmm...that's interesting. Maybe I'll just send the darn thing in and see what happens. She's in the band and jazz band-that should count for something towards "well rounded" even if it is in school.

PostPosted: 03/08/13 11:12 am • # 10 
Editorialist

Go for it!

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ] New Topic Add Reply