It is currently 09/28/24 3:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 title=
PostPosted: 04/01/13 6:38 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

HAHAHAHA! I just love these drugged teens. Watch it to the end. "you can go back".

PostPosted: 04/02/13 9:40 am • # 2 
Editorialist

I'd love to see the video of her *watching* that video once she sobers up. LMAO!

PostPosted: 04/02/13 12:52 pm • # 3 
LOL!!! I hate to suspect poor acting for reality TV, but...

It's not the same horror show as when we had it. They pump in steroids and conscious sedation while in the chair. I don't remember any drug hangover on the way home, and he had all four impacted teeth at the same time. No swelling and no drama. Eating solids by evening....

PostPosted: 04/02/13 1:34 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

Ya never know kathy. My neice started hallucinating/freaking out when she was mildly sedated for some dental proceedure. They had to restrain her. My sister in law was put to sleep for a birth (back in the days it was still common) and kept wanting to wash the damn dishes as she was coming out of the fog.

Sedation does strange things to people, as do pain meds.

Some people can't handle concious sedation because their overwhelming fear overrides everything else and makes it difficult for the dentist/doctor. Knocking them out is the only recourse.

PostPosted: 04/03/13 1:42 pm • # 5 
My father was prescribed ambien to help him sleep near the end of his life. He and my mother lived downstairs in my house. One evening I heard a lot of commotion downstairs. It seems that my dad was sitting in his twin bed rowing my mother (his child somehow) to safety. When I came down the stairs to talk to him he said. "Oh no, the mother's here!!!"

I've seen both my dad and mother with sundowners in the hospital, too. I always told Dad's docs, "He will beg for them but do NOT prescribe him sleeping pills. He becomes very altered."

One cardiologist did not listen to me and gave him a sleeping pill. The next morning Dad was so altered they evaluated him for a stroke. He didn't have a stroke.

PostPosted: 04/03/13 3:42 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

When my Dad had his first episode of sundowners, exacerbated by meds, right after a surgery, I thought it was a stroke too. In fact, I asked the doctor and nurses some pointed questions concerning that. I told my brothers "I'm going to sue the damn hospital!" LOL

Sadly, not one of them explained sundowners to me and they sort of passed it off as the meds. Not sure if much was known about it then (1980's), outside of nursing homes.

If you just go with the flow, it can be a lot easier. Trying to argue or reason is the worst. They get paranoid.

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply