Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
PostPosted: 05/09/09 4:55 am • # 1 
Administrator

Do you shop/buy or pay bills online?

Sooz

PostPosted: 05/09/09 5:10 am • # 2 
Absolutely to all three.

PostPosted: 05/09/09 8:14 am • # 3 
Boy oh boy, we've been shopping on line a lot lately. I don't pay bills on line, though.

PostPosted: 05/09/09 9:19 am • # 4 
Sure to all.

PostPosted: 05/09/09 11:36 am • # 5 
Editorialist

I shop online, but really- only around the holidays.

I still mail checks to pay bills, dinosaur that I am...lol...

PostPosted: 05/09/09 12:45 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

I buy parts online sometimes. And have bought clothing online from Lands End. But we still pay bills with hand-written checks.

PostPosted: 05/09/09 2:00 pm • # 7 
Administrator

I don't even know what a standard stamp for sending checks by mail costs nowadays.
I buy virtually everything except groceries online. Even some grocery items I buy from Amazon, get them delivered with free shipping, and still pay less than at my local grocery store.
All my bills are paid online.

PostPosted: 05/10/09 12:29 am • # 8 
Yep, all three. I love browsing on Amazon, even if I'm not buying anything.

PostPosted: 05/10/09 2:26 am • # 9 
Administrator

I do as much as possible online, including shopping ~ my monthly mortgage, assessment, and parking charges are paid via automatic payment ~ I only have one regular bill [health insurance] that does not allow online payments ~ and as proof of learning something new online every day, Jab surprised me with buying "grocery items" at Amazon ~ Image ~ I've never even SEEN grocery items on the Amazon site ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 05/10/09 4:38 am • # 10 
Just check for the grocery department - it's basically non-perishable staples - canned goods, cereals, coffee and tea, etc. Tons of different items - I could spend hours just looking at everything there.

PostPosted: 05/11/09 4:09 am • # 11 
I shop online for things I can't find in local stores; otherwise, I prefer seeing things in person before buying. I do pay bills online. It's a lot easier to get an email reminder that a bill is due to be paid and then to go pay it than it is to keep track of the paper statements. The bills that are for services that are a regular fee every month, like the phone bill and cable bill, I just have auto-pay set up for. The credit cards, I pay online, but don't let them get automatically paid just in case I see something I need to dispute. Though, the one thing I realized as I just moved to a new house is that paying online isn't ideal when you're trying to move utilities at the same time you're moving your internet...I had a couple of days without internet, and without any paper bills anymore, I didn't know what my account numbers were for other things! So, if you pay online and are planning to move, remember to have paper bills sent the month before you move so you have all that stuff in case you don't have online access for a little while. On the other hand, it's a dream for mail forwarding, since I only have two bills that come by snail mail (local utilities that haven't set up online payment options...one does, but charges a fee to use it, and the fee costs more than a stamp does, so I'm not using that option).

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ] New Topic Add Reply