It is currently 06/16/24 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
PostPosted: 11/07/13 8:42 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

I have had it up to my eyeballs reading and listening to the hysteria concerning mold. The government does it when they warn about mold and it happened a lot after the flood here. Not only that, but it has created a new industry called "mold remediation" in which they charge thousands of dollars to remove mold. They are freaking "certified" for this scam. I have a hint for the public. Wash it off affected areas, use a diluted bleach solution. Make sure the area dries and presto! It's gone. I understand a little worry after something like a large flood, but people are taking it WAY too far.

Here are some facts:

Mold exists everywhere. Outside it is abundant. Try turning a pile of leaves that has sat for a while and you'll see. ;)

Mold can only affect you if you are allegic to it. Even then, it's no worse than any other airborne allergy.

Only about 25% of people with other allergies are allergic to mold.

"Toxic" black mold is not toxic. It is a form of mold that is just more concentrated.

If anyone has lived in a hot, humid climate, they know what I'm talking about. Mold is just another form a life in those conditions. You deal with it.

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply