It is currently 05/23/24 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
PostPosted: 08/29/14 8:19 am • # 1 
Editorialist

A little background. In our business, we cannot become "friends" with our residents nor do we usually socialize with them. That can make for some awkward moments down the road when we have to say "no" to a request.

We had tenants, a woman and her grown daughter, for a year or so. Then the owner hired someone else to manage their unit. Then the owner decided to sell, so I moved them into one of our units again. I manage to score a 55" tv already mounted on the wall for $100 for them since it was hubby's cousin moving out and going to Australia.

Then the owner of THAT unit wanted to sell. Having been shuffled around ourselves, I know how frustrating that can be and knowing that the woman had a really good job in the oil fields, I asked if she might want to buy the unit. I brokered a sale directly between her and the owner (who was a board member at the time), saving them both money. The owner gave me $500 for doing that.

After, the woman brought me a bottle of body spray I had remarked on when she wore it, along with a thank you card.

Now, she has invited us to a Christmas brunch at a hotel (where hubby and I used to work....GREAT brunches) that she is paying for about 40 people. We can take a donation for the Humane Society or the Childrens Hospital. There is also a gift exchange (gift for gift). Neither of those are obligatory.

I already knew that she is nice, but no knowing her well, I didn't realize the extent of her generosity.

PostPosted: 08/31/14 7:01 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

Isn't it strange how someone simply being a kind and decent person comes as such a surprise these days?

Good for you, enjoy the brunch!

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply