It is currently 06/01/24 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: What a day!
PostPosted: 09/10/14 6:41 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

We had our power out once this morning for an hour and a half. Then it went out again at noon until 4:30. We've lost several small trees and some of the bigger ones may need to come down.
:\'( At least we were able to get our landscaper out to cut down all the dangling limbs. We have limbs piled all over the property.

One of the 25-30ft trees came up from the roots and blocked our garage ramp. It was a total mess. Many parts of the city have trees down.

No internet at work. That provider lost it's server when the power went out. I'm happy to be back online! Internet at home fine, if the power had been on. lol

Post subject: Re: What a day!
PostPosted: 09/10/14 7:29 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

I forgot to mention the eeriest part. I made a circuit of the property at 7am to see what damage we had. It was still very quiet and I could hear tree limbs popping and cracking. Strange. I made sure to walk far away from any of the big trees after that. lol

PostPosted: 09/11/14 5:57 am • # 3 
Editorialist

Yikes, what a mess! Hope things get better today.

PostPosted: 09/11/14 11:00 am • # 4 
Administrator

roseanne, that [and what I assume is the continuing pandemonium today] was all designed to make you appreciate the next couple of weeks of vacation ~ :b

Sooz

PostPosted: 09/11/14 2:29 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

lol sooz, that is exactly what I said.

Nice and sunny today. I went to get my haircut today (more on that at the bottom) and to buy some things for the trip. Every single street I passed that had trees, had limbs piled up at the curb. Still makes me so sad. I LOVE trees and plants.

Ok about the hair cut. About two weeks ago, I did my usual trim around my ears and saw that my neckline was a little "wild" looking. So, I asked hubby if he thought he could just trim it for me with his clippers. OMG, it was hilarious. I will never ask him to do that again. LOL! My stylist, who was really booked up but worked me in, was able to blend it all. I love her dearly. She got a good laugh over it too! :rollin

PostPosted: 09/14/14 8:55 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

What was he thinking?!

PostPosted: 09/15/14 4:44 am • # 7 
Editorialist

Lol gramps. He was thinking "she wiil get angry if I refuse"

PostPosted: 09/28/14 9:33 am • # 8 
Editorialist

FYI, they have estimated that at least one million trees were damaged or lost. I think it's higher. Still cleaning up the debris.

PostPosted: 09/28/14 10:58 am • # 9 
Editorialist

Good grief! :eek2

PostPosted: 09/30/14 7:39 am • # 10 
Editorialist

If I didn't mention it before, social media and msm gave this even a name: Snowtember, lol

Read this headline this morning:

City hopes to complete September snowstorm cleanup by mid-November :g

That's two months of clean-up and we see them out everywhere, every day. A lot of mulch for the taking, when last year mulch was at a premium due to the flood. Strange how that works, eh?

PostPosted: 10/01/14 6:48 am • # 11 
Editorialist

Rats-we need mulch...but I don't think I want to go through all that for it! lol

PostPosted: 10/01/14 9:14 am • # 12 
Editorialist

When it takes Canada, who is generally prepared for harsh weather, two months to clean up from storms, well, that does not leave much hope for the rest of us!

PostPosted: 10/01/14 10:50 am • # 13 
Editorialist

LOL queenie!

The problem were the leaves still on the trees combined with a very wet, heavy snow. No one can prepare for that. I am still blown away by the sheer number of branches lining roadways on the day of, the day following and yet today. We have a couple of trees that have tops broken off, but still hanging there. Our landscaper took care of all that he could reach without ladders, but will have to get an arborist out to do those.......and determine their viability. We lost 3 small trees that day. That could increase once he comes out. :( As much as I am pained by the tree loss, I have to look at the bare spaces many times a day as a reminder. One outside of our unit and two outside of our office.

We are thankful that there is no building damage. :)

Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ] New Topic Add Reply