It is currently 05/21/24 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: 09/28/14 10:57 am • # 1 
Editorialist

Our county "Pet Expo" was held yesterday.

We were there early so kiddo could help set up the SPCA Junior Squad booth. She was on duty there running a little game for prizes, while I was on duty at the shelter.

Set up a table for a scavenger hunt for the kids, then I spent a half hour putting cute little bandanas on any kitty who would put up with it. LOL It did not get as busy as I expected, and I only know of two people who actually put in applications for cats. But I wasn't there all day either, so I don't know what the final results were.

We finished our shifts and had time to see the pet parade and walk around entering raffles and gathering freebies. About a half hour after we got home, I got a call that we'd won a Cat Dental care package...so we drove back...lol.

We found a cute bandana there for Iggy the dog-our friends were throwing him a 15th birthday party last night. Iggy had surgery a few months ago to remove a huge lung tumor and is undergoing chemotherapy. From what we saw, it has not slowed him down ONE BIT. :happydance He was the life of the party.

PostPosted: 09/30/14 7:43 am • # 2 
Editorialist

What a fun day! If I am feeling stressed, but have to go into a unit with a pet, I immediately feel more relaxed. Hubby has been in some units so many times that their usually shy cats come right up to him. The owners are always surprised, but I'm not. He has a way with pets and kids.

PostPosted: 10/01/14 6:47 am • # 3 
Editorialist

Critters can be good for us.

Drexel Becomes First University to Host a Permanent Therapy Dog in a Recreation Center - See more at: http://drexel.edu/now/archive/2014/Sept ... sCVcE.dpuf

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply