It is currently 05/18/24 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Christmas decor
PostPosted: 11/30/14 1:10 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

Trying to decorate for Christmas. Different unit, different challenges and the first time we've had a tree up in 3 years. Family cat stays with us during the season and now think he is mature enough to keep his paws off the tree! lol

We also purchased a smaller tree that is made for small spaces. Tall, but narrow. Only about 32" at the bottom, so it fits in front of our fireplace nicely without blocking traffic flow. Pre-lit, so that part is a breeze. Set it up, decorate and plug it in.
I am weeding out a lot of our old stuff, including our old lights, and will put it out in the garbage shed. Maybe someone will want to give them a good home. We have about 3 "professional pickers" who come by once a week or so. Or, maybe another resident will want it.

I'm excited to have a tree again! We have several special ornaments that I enjoy putting up, include dated ones from the first few years of our marriage. I kinda dropped the ball after that and didn't buy any more. :o The first one is the most special and the cheapest! We didn't have a lot of money to burn, so I bought a wooden, heart shaped, red ornament at the dollar store and painted our names with the year on it. Our "tree" that year was a string of green lights pinned to the wall in a tree shape. That ornament, plus a few others that I bought at the dollar store hung on the lights. It was actually pretty.

Now back to fun work!

Post subject: Re: Christmas decor
PostPosted: 12/01/14 9:06 am • # 2 
Post a picture. I bet it's beautiful.

PostPosted: 12/02/14 9:30 am • # 3 
Editorialist

Nice! I still have some ornaments from when I was a kid. My favorite is 3 little mice, one of which still has teeth marks in it from my first kitty, Buttons. lol

We haven't started decorating yet but I did wrap some gifts yesterday and got them in the mail. Holy postage, Batman!! :eek2

PostPosted: 12/02/14 10:23 am • # 4 
Editorialist

Chaos, the cost of shipping/postage now days is why I started ordering from Amazon and get free shipping (if order is $25 or more). I order all the grands gifts and ship them to only one of my daughters. They have to meet up, but that's now much easier since they live 5 mins apart. lol

PostPosted: 12/02/14 11:38 am • # 5 
Editorialist

I hear that!

If I'd known that my mom wasn't coming up here for x-mas, I could have had things shipped direct for free. But I didn't know until after I'd started gathering things. <sigh>

PostPosted: 12/08/14 5:57 pm • # 6 
The Nativity Elephant makes me smile!!!

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply