It is currently 05/17/24 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7   Page 7 of 7   [ 166 posts ]
 Post subject: Re: Yard buddy....
PostPosted: 10/22/16 6:41 pm • # 151 
You'll miss him, but look at the wonderful things you've done for him. Hopefully, he'll find a perfect forever family.

PostPosted: 10/23/16 1:00 pm • # 152 
Editorialist

I'm sure he will, eventually. That's one of the things I like best about this rescue, they do have a strict adoption policy. They DO try to find not just a home, but a good match. People have been interested in one cat or another and if they don't think that cat has the right personality for that family, they will gently steer them to a better match if they can. And they aren't afraid to say "No!"- even if a cat has been waiting for a long time.

No word on when Bear is leaving yet. But they did have an adoption this weekend! Bear's brother Shadow has a new sister! :)

PostPosted: 10/27/16 10:11 am • # 153 
Editorialist

The girls are at the vet getting spayed, and Bear is headed to the adoption center on Friday.

PostPosted: 10/28/16 11:53 am • # 154 
Editorialist

Dropped Bear off at the adoption center this morning!!! :D Though he didn't exactly get a warm welcome from the gang already there (including his mother and great-aunt, who both hissed at him) he did hiss back once or twice and stood up for himself. First hiss I've ever heard from him!! LOL

He has a top row room, with a nice view of the store. I hung around about an hour, and he did come to me for reassurance more than a few times. Hard drive home, but as long as the store is open we can get Bear hugs any time we want. I have the OK to get the key from the store manager if I need to! :)

Girls are sore, as expected. Josie was hiding in the litter box last night and this morning, but breakfast and meds helped. They're all snoozing now. :hrt

PostPosted: 10/30/16 10:35 am • # 155 
Editorialist

Emergency run to the vet this morning with Val. Since last night she's pale/lethargic/not eating/got in litter box but produced nothing.

Sure enough, fever. :( Started antibiotics and changed her pain med to one that's also helpful for inflammation. If she's not eating in a few hours, I'll get some high-calorie paste and water into her with an oral syringe. Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: 11/11/16 3:29 pm • # 156 
Editorialist

:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

BEAR FOUND HIS NEW MOMMY!!

She's actually a new volunteer who fell for him during training. I did pop over to the adoption center today to get some Bear hugs and tell him to behave. Not sure when he's heading home because ALL the volunteers are saying they want Bear hugs before he leaves too. lol

PostPosted: 11/25/16 11:31 am • # 157 
Editorialist

Bear has a new name....

GOMEZ!!! :happydance

PostPosted: 11/28/16 3:27 pm • # 158 
Editorialist

As in Addams?

PostPosted: 11/29/16 9:19 am • # 159 
Editorialist

queenoftheuniverse wrote:
As in Addams?

YES!! :lol

PostPosted: 12/05/16 10:49 am • # 160 
Editorialist

Took Josie and Val over to the adoption center yesterday. :)

PostPosted: 12/12/16 7:55 pm • # 161 
Editorialist

Annnnnd...they're outta here! :) Anybody not adopted before X-mas and/or New Year's will be coming back for sleepovers since the store is closed on those days. Already a few adoption nibbles on Val & Josie!

I just backed up and checked this thread. From 4/21/15 until now has been a pretty steady parade of fosters! :lol

PostPosted: 12/14/16 9:34 pm • # 162 
Editorialist

Josie picked her new family and tonight she went HOME.

PostPosted: 12/18/16 5:52 pm • # 163 
Editorialist

Val is going HOME Thursday. :bow

Melody is "spoken for".

Alexandra is meeting someone tonight.

:happydance

PostPosted: 01/11/17 8:03 pm • # 164 
Editorialist

Alexandra is still at the adoption center. She was snoozing when we popped over there today so we didn't get to say hello. lol Melody did get adopted and she's loving her new home.

BUT-we do have a new guest tonight. "Robin" is from the same bunch as Bear, Melody, Val, Allie. (She's either their half-sister or aunt, we aren't sure. lol) Anyway, she was adopted just before x-mas by a lovely older couple who unfortunately find themselves *both* in the hospital/rehab right now. Friends have been stopping by to feed her and as I understand it she spent about the past week wedged between a cabinet and piece of furniture. :(

So she needs a quiet place to regroup and learn to trust again. Poor girl is so frightened! So this will be a slow process. Another Peyton! lol

PostPosted: 01/12/17 9:48 am • # 165 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
Alexandra is still at the adoption center. She was snoozing when we popped over there today so we didn't get to say hello. lol Melody did get adopted and she's loving her new home.

BUT-we do have a new guest tonight. "Robin" is from the same bunch as Bear, Melody, Val, Allie. (She's either their half-sister or aunt, we aren't sure. lol) Anyway, she was adopted just before x-mas by a lovely older couple who unfortunately find themselves *both* in the hospital/rehab right now. Friends have been stopping by to feed her and as I understand it she spent about the past week wedged between a cabinet and piece of furniture. :(

So she needs a quiet place to regroup and learn to trust again. Poor girl is so frightened! So this will be a slow process. Another Peyton! lol

Awww. Poor Robin. You're such a good "kitty whisperer" that I'm sure it won't take that long. :fl

PostPosted: 01/12/17 6:36 pm • # 166 
Editorialist

I sure hope so, roseanne. I have to let her decompress for a few days before I can really try to work with her. New place, new sounds, new smells-including 2 dogs. She isn't even ready for eye contact today. Hasn't had even one bite to eat yet either. It's breaking my heart.

Baby steps. We'll get there.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7   Page 7 of 7   [ 166 posts ] New Topic Add Reply