It is currently 05/18/24 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
PostPosted: 07/11/15 5:21 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

This is such a beautiful, bittersweet story. How loving and wonderful this woman is for making Chester's last days filled with love! Be sure to have a tissue handy and click on the Facebook page (link at bottom of post)for more pictures etc.

Shelter dog with bucket list dies after 'awesome final ride'

He went to doggy heaven as a happy, pampered pup who finally knew love.

A terminally ill pooch named Chester, who won the hearts of thousands around the world after a Georgia woman rescued him and created the ultimate canine "bucket list," has died, his devastated owner said Friday.

"I have written and erased this post several times because I feel like once it's up it makes it feel so final," Nicole Elliott wrote on Facebook. "I am so sad to tell everyone that my sweet baby Chester has left this world."

Elliott was determined to give the ailing Chester one "awesome final ride" after she adopted him from a Columbus animal rescue group last month.

The little mixed-breed dog, abandoned at a high-kill shelter earlier this year, was covered in matted hair and tumors when Elliott pledged to make Chester's final days worth living.

She spoiled him with hot dogs, ice cream and belly rubs, taking him on swims, shopping sprees and giving him soothing oatmeal milk baths.

Chester's dying days were chronicled on his very own Facebook page titled: "Chester's final journey." The page has since gained more than 76,000 followers.

"I am heartbroken, but at the same time I wouldn't have wanted it any other way," Elliott wrote. "I held him until his last breath and then some. I told him it was ok to let go, and how loved he was."

"I know without a doubt Chester died knowing that he mattered," she added. "He knew love."

Elliott said although Chester had a painful, large ulcer on the back of his neck, the "puppy left in his sweet soul" never left him.

"He is now pain free and running around with all of your babies that have gone before him," the foster mom said.

"Chester's journey with us was too short lived, but his presence with us will never be forgotten. Thank you all for loving him. He will always hold a special place in my heart."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/shelte ... ailsignout

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Chestersbucketlist

Before and after pics:

PostPosted: 07/13/15 9:00 am • # 2 
Editorialist

:\'(

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply