It is currently 05/18/24 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: RIP Keeta
PostPosted: 10/10/15 7:41 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

:\'( Sweet dog who belonged to our former PM. We spent a lot of time pet-sitting her when they went away over the years and always loved on her, and played with her when we went over to chat with them. She's been ill for months, but they just couldn't let go. Kidney failure mostly. Spent hundreds (or maybe thousands) on vet visits, hospital stays, tests, syringe feeding etc. just to keep her going. I understand, I really do. However, I am relieved that she is no longer in pain. They are heartbroken.

Her mommy sent me a text message that she had gotten bad and was waiting for her husband to get there from work so they could take her in. I went right over to wait with her and had some last pats and sweet words for Keeta. When I looked her in the eyes, I knew. I told her goodbye when they left.

So, that's two of their pets that we loved and who are now gone. :( Only one cat left. Hobbes. He's going to be at loose ends for a while. I'll have to go over and give him some special attention. The three of them were always like our adopted pet family.

Post subject: Re: RIP Keeta
PostPosted: 10/11/15 7:57 am • # 2 
Administrator

Sorry for the family's [and your] loss, roseanne ~ but this is exactly why I have no pets ~ they become family, and the loss is real ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/11/15 9:49 am • # 3 
Editorialist

I feel for you, Roseanne. Animals, even when they aren't ours, are so easy to get attached to and their loss provokes very real grief.

PostPosted: 10/11/15 10:05 am • # 4 
Editorialist

sooz06 wrote:
Sorry for the family's [and your] loss, roseanne ~ but this is exactly why I have no pets ~ they become family, and the loss is real ~

Sooz

sooz, that's the risk we take loving any living animal or person. Eventually, we all die. I think the rewards far outweigh the eventual grief. Unfortunately, I've outlived many, many pets. That's the hard part. Losing time after time. But I still think it's worth it. Hubby feels like you do after his last heartbreaking loss, so no pets for us. We just love the ones around us. Even at the new job, we will have ample opportunity to love on (mostly) dogs.

PostPosted: 10/11/15 10:07 am • # 5 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
I feel for you, Roseanne. Animals, even when they aren't ours, are so easy to get attached to and their loss provokes very real grief.

Yes jim. The grief is real. Still sort of mourning our job here so it's compounded that. Not much sleep last night. Dreamed about Keeta.

PostPosted: 10/11/15 10:17 am • # 6 
Editorialist

Sorry for your loss, Roseanne.

I lost a wonderful dog in 2007 and I still miss and think about him often.

Take care.

PostPosted: 10/11/15 11:15 am • # 7 
Editorialist

Awwwwwww.

It was really nice that you got that call and had a chance for one more visit. I'm sure Keeta appreciated it too.

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply