It is currently 04/28/24 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
PostPosted: 11/01/15 9:35 am • # 1 
Editorialist

Yahooo! Found an old desk in garage and lugged it over and up the stairs. Very small, but it'll do for now. Hooked everything up, but no Wifi. Discovered that we needed an adapter to get it. Yet another trip to town (I think we've been about 7 times in the last week, lol) to get that and a new deadbolt for our door.
I am SO freaking impressed with the Wifi here and the cell service. Last time we visited here there was no cell service and the Wifi sucked. Have been able to FaceTime with family, which was my major worry.

We are getting our own satellite tv service this week. Having 3 (sometimes 4) channels to watch sucks.

Today is the first day of our employment. Still not sure what we are supposed to do. We've already done a couple of check-ins last week and when we went to check one of the units prior to a check in, we found a FILTHY oven (with a shiny, clean foil liner in the bottom :ey ) and a ceiling fan that had enough fur to make a cat. Some of the units are pet friendly. Spent a couple of hours cleaning the oven. It looks like we are going to have to go through each unit in the next couple of weeks to find all the deficiencies. Once we get them all up to snuff, then it will be easier...unless we have pigs for guests. I'm sure that will happen too. As long as they leave good tips, I'm fine with that. :b

Downside. Rain, rain and more rain. Yuck. OH as I turned my head, I see snow! ha! I'm upstairs at the loft railing, so I see out the big windows.

PostPosted: 11/01/15 10:19 am • # 2 
Administrator

You've definitely got your work cut out for you ~ but I know you two will "git 'er done" ~

Since today is a Sunday, do you know what your work "schedule" will be? ~ do you get time off during the week if you work weekends?

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/01/15 11:36 am • # 3 
Editorialist

sooz06 wrote:
You've definitely got your work cut out for you ~ but I know you two will "git 'er done" ~

Since today is a Sunday, do you know what your work "schedule" will be? ~ do you get time off during the week if you work weekends?

Sooz

We get two days off a week, no necessarily together. We have to coordinate with Jack, the man who runs the B&B in town and who has been looking after this place (sort of). I'd love to have weekdays off to do things like shop or go to Calgary.

PostPosted: 11/02/15 10:13 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

Best of luck, Roseanne.

PostPosted: 11/03/15 1:07 am • # 5 
Editorialist

OH as I turned my head, I see snow! ha! I'm upstairs at the loft railing, so I see out the big windows.

Glad to hear you're settling in, Roseanne, but it sounds like someone forgot to tell you you'll be getting an average of five feet of snow. Happy shovelling!

PostPosted: 11/03/15 9:44 am • # 6 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
OH as I turned my head, I see snow! ha! I'm upstairs at the loft railing, so I see out the big windows.

Glad to hear you're settling in, Roseanne, but it sounds like someone forgot to tell you you'll be getting an average of five feet of snow. Happy shovelling!

Is that all?! As long as it's not all at one time, we're good. Snow blower will do most of the work. Ice melt the rest. The pathways are black asphalt, so if we get any sun, the snow melts quickly.
As for a huge dump of snow, that is contracted out if it happens. :D

PostPosted: 11/03/15 11:49 am • # 7 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
jimwilliam wrote:
[i]OH as I turned my head, I see snow! ha! I'm upstairs at the loft railing, so I see out the big windows.

Is that all?! As long as it's not all at one time, we're good. Snow blower will do most of the work. Ice melt the rest. The pathways are black asphalt, so if we get any sun, the snow melts quickly.
As for a huge dump of snow, that is contracted out if it happens. :D

:rollin :rollin :rollin Ha! Ha! Ha! Oh you poor naïve fool! The five feet is compressed snow. You'll regularly get three or four feet of fresh snow in one dump......and there are no Chinooks.

PostPosted: 11/03/15 8:07 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

Maybe in Golden. We aren't there and the weather here is much different for some reason. If we do get 3-4 feet at once, a contractor will do the work. They said they had to call one once last winter. :b

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply