It is currently 05/18/24 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: The Howling
PostPosted: 11/30/15 7:51 am • # 1 
Editorialist

We have a couple teams of sled dogs and the touring company staying at the property until the end of March. The dogs are crated across the road and down a ways. When we are out for a smoke in the evening or early morning, they start howling. It's great to hear. occasionally, I will howl with them. They love it! :) We bought some treats for when one or two are around the office area.

We are going to book a tour later on, if they have availability. It's always been one of my dreams. They have a 6 hour tour that should be fun. I'm hoping they will give us a deal, lol. It's not cheap.

http://kingmikdogsledtours.com/

Post subject: Re: The Howling
PostPosted: 11/30/15 7:50 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

I can't even tell you how jealous I am right now. LOL! That sounds AWESOME!

PostPosted: 12/11/15 6:54 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

So, we are hearing one dog who howls....then steps down like this:

Awooooooooooo, ruh, ruh, ruh. It's like she is trying to talk.

I asked one of the crew. Seems it is Tippy. She is about to go into heat and is showing off for the boys. LOL!

Today, I met another one of the dogs. OMG, she is beautiful! Gorgeous coat and piercing blue eyes. I asked her is she wanted a treat since we were by the office. The woman with her said "She speaks French" rofl. I said that I didn't, so she asked her about the treat in French and commanded her to sit. She remained that way while I went into the office to get the treats.

These dogs are all so well trained/behaved. I still love to hear them get excited in the morning when they know the crew is coming to load them up for their day's runs. Still haven't ventured down to the holding area because they are gone all day from before sunrise to well after sunset and their crates/pens are pretty far off the road. I don't have a neat hat/headlamp like the crew do. I barely have a working flashlight :eyes ...something we need to remedy soon.

PostPosted: 12/12/15 7:23 am • # 4 
Administrator

I suspect that you don't miss the old place too much.

Where the heck are the pictures so I can dream about paradise?

PostPosted: 12/12/15 8:57 am • # 5 
Editorialist

lol jab. I miss the old place like one would miss a hemorrhoid. A sense of great relief. Since we keep in touch with the old manager, we get to hear the cluster f*&k the old place has become. Nothing getting done. The architect condemned all 112 balconies for no reason. lmao I am SO glad we left. That review of the current management company I posted has disappeared. hmmmm

Pictures will come, I promise. Still trying to get used to the job here and haven't taken any. Saw what I am sure is the same old bighorn ram ambling down the highway the other day. I must keep my camera or phone handy for our trips to town so that I can get a pic of him. He's huge. The trip to town has some beautiful vistas if it's clear enough. Low clouds and fog most of the time.

PostPosted: 12/13/15 7:37 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

You have no idea how jealous I am.

PostPosted: 12/14/15 7:59 am • # 7 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
You have no idea how jealous I am.

I'll let you know if that's warranted after the holiday crowd (with drunken, entitled guests) and 9 straight working days. I'm not a good "customer service rep" when people are demanding. It will be interesting, I'm sure. :lol

How's your new venture doing? Made any interesting shopping trips for inventory?

PostPosted: 12/15/15 11:21 am • # 8 
Editorialist

How's your new venture doing? Made any interesting shopping trips for inventory?

So far it's done real good at reducing the income taxes I'll have to pay. It's been fun, though.

PostPosted: 12/15/15 2:23 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:

So far it's done real good at reducing the income taxes I'll have to pay. It's been fun, though.

Fun is good! Happy for you.

PostPosted: 04/03/16 9:14 pm • # 10 
Editorialist

So our sledding trip never materialized. We just didn't have the time. They are leaving us this week. Snow is gone, even on their trails in Banff, so it's off for summer vacation and then back next year. I'm sad to see them go. I'll probably still be looking for a pooch every time I go to the office. There are a couple that just automatically follow us into the office if they see us because they know the treats are there. A couple of times when I've left the door open during this warmer weather I didn't even realize it until I felt a cold nose on my hand, LOL! They are sneaky. Once I speak to them, they automatically sit, looking at me with those expectant eyes....as I said, I'll miss them. And their nightly howling. :(

If I didn't post it before or if you missed it:

http://kingmikdogsledtours.com/

PostPosted: 04/04/16 2:41 pm • # 11 
Administrator

Did I post this before? It's an excellent video.

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ] New Topic Add Reply