It is currently 04/28/24 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Our newest guests
PostPosted: 08/21/16 9:47 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

We have a large group (at least 60) post Bar Mitzvah boys. ooh boy, this should be fun :eyes They are renting 13 of our chalets and taking over a space above the garage for their prayers and meals. They brought their own food, plates (etc), as well as their own BBQ's to prepare their meals since they must be prepared Kosher.

So a large group of hormonal boys, no matter their religion. :eek2 Thank goodness they are only staying until Tuesday morning and will be away for a portion of tomorrow when they go rafting. We've heard that this "camp" left a huge mess around the property last year. They all leave at once and most of the units are turn overs. Tuesday will not be pretty. Been dreading this all summer, lol. Be glad when it's behind us. :D

Post subject: Re: Our newest guests
PostPosted: 08/22/16 12:09 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

So far, I`m not impressed. They left a pile of garbage in the parking lot last night after their arrival. I waited this morning, hoping they would clean it up. Nope. They have trash all over the porches of their units and helped themselves to a table we have in a shed where they had no business being.

If their hats (the full brimmed kind), shawls (with tassels), black pants etc. combined with their prayers and constant reading of some book (even as they stand around) are meant to honor God, then I don`t think their God would be pleased at their lack of respect for property and other people....we who must clean up after their entitled asses. Pfffffffft.

PostPosted: 08/23/16 6:53 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

:angry Good grief. Any adult supervision with the holy slobs?

PostPosted: 08/23/16 9:05 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
:angry Good grief. Any adult supervision with the holy slobs?

lol, yep. This morning as they were "organizing" (and I use the word loosely) they were trying to get them to get together for a group pic. A couple of the adult men were like "Hey guys, get over here please so we can go" in soft voices. Almost like they were begging them. I wanted to yell "GET YOUR ASSES OVER HERE! NOW!

To be honest, many of the units were not that bad. But a few were disasters. Toilet paper and tissues all over the floor like you see in public washrooms. Some sort of food smeared on the entry door. That sort of thing. They left bags and bags of trash that we had to haul out to the bins. The unit that was used for the cooking (and occupied by the wife of the organizer) was filthy! Stovetop covered in grease and food particles. Yuck!

That being said, the area above the garage that they used for meals and meetings was cleaner than it was when they got here, LOL! And, the grounds weren't bad at all. A few pieces of tissue, candy wrappers and soda cans here and there. Speaking of tissues, they must have a hard on for them. Every unit was depleted of 2 boxes (and more if I had put in extras). They didn't take them either. There were empty boxes in all units. I've never replaced as many tissues, not even in a full week. Yet, they didn't use that much toilet paper or the other products. It was weird.

They didn't pull out of here until after 12 noon, so we had to bust our asses turning over 9 of the units for the 4pm check in time. We had 3 other people here to help, but they didn't finish until about 6:30 pm, including the 3 units that weren't turnovers. Hubby and I worked until 4:30 just stripping and loading all 13 units, along with putting furniture and duvets back into their rightful places. They had moved everything around. GRRRR.

I'm just thankful they are gone.

Oh and most of them were from New Jersey. :grin

PostPosted: 08/24/16 10:08 am • # 5 
Editorialist

That a bunch of teenage boys away from home would go through lots and lots of tissues isn't a mystery...LMAO!

PostPosted: 08/25/16 2:49 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

Had a similar experience once when my daughter was about two. My wife at the time and Laura were staying at a seaside resort on Vancouver Island for a couple of nights. One afternoon a whole bunch of teenage boys and girls pulled in and took over most of the motel. Rumour got around pretty quick that they were there for a grad party and we were thinking maybe we should move on.

Along about supper time there was a knock on our balcony door (everyone was ground level) and this boy and girl came in and told us they were there for grad, that they didn't want to cause any problems and if they got too noisy to please let them know. They left before I could get my jaw off the floor.

Later that evening, probably about ten, we were sitting on the patio having a smoke and watching Laura play on the grass in front of us. A bunch of the grad kids were about fifty feet away hanging out around a tree and chattering. Before long a couple of girls came over and started to play with Laura and shortly after that she was down by the tree with the rest of the kids.

Here we were expecting good hard drinking, puke on your shoes, maybe a fight or two and a lifetime of tales to tell partying and what we actually got was a bunch of teenagers singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" with a two year old.

What's worse is they were good to their word and there wasn't a complaint about them from anywhere the next morning. What a bunch of maroons! They were a disgrace to teenagers everywhere.

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply