It is currently 05/04/24 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Instant friends
PostPosted: 11/06/16 9:48 am • # 1 
Editorialist

Have you ever met someone who became an instant friend? We have a contractor who spent a couple months here last spring to do chinking and staining on the chalets. She's very petite, middle aged mother and grandmother who works like a horse. We instantly hit it off and I was really sad to see her leave.

She has been here the last couple of days to chink a place she missed an it's been great! I had heard from her a couple of times via email since last spring, but she travels all over BC doing that work and often doesn't have any internet.

This time she brought her dog, Angus. What a suck! A HUGE golden lab that is just a sweetie.
She popped over when she first arrived and we had a great chat with her. We had left her a couple of beers in the fridge with a post-it "Welcome back" note, which tickled her.

You don't often meet people like that, who just become instant friends and I'm thankful that I've met her. Will be sad to see her leave again. Maybe next spring she'll be back, as she was asked to quote for some more work on the garage areas, which need to be chinked and stained. I hope so.

FYI, she got into this business because she owned a very drafty log cabin and couldn't afford to have it chinked. She got someone to teach her how to do it and viola' a career is born. She's also great at it!

Post subject: Re: Instant friends
PostPosted: 11/06/16 7:33 pm • # 2 
Administrator

I had to look up Chinked. Very interesting what you guys do to houses up there...

Quote:
A reference to cars customized in a characteristically Chinese gang-banger way, with too many plastic accessories, stickers, and garish, pointless modifications like blue headlights.

But possibly it just means filling cracks or such. :angel

Post subject: Re: Instant friends
PostPosted: 11/06/16 8:04 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

It depends on which part of B.C. you live in. Up where Roseanne lives it means to fill the cracks between logs in a log house. In Richmond, it's the other one.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply