It is currently 05/13/24 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Doctor communication
PostPosted: 01/12/17 9:57 am • # 1 
Editorialist

I absolutely love my doc and the clinic here! First of all, she understands my difficulty in getting to town for appointments and tests. I just went for my annual physical then had to wait a week or so before going to the lab for all the blood work. She wants me to get a mammogram, but said "whenever" I have the chance. Especially since I have to schedule it for when the bus comes to town. LOL!

Anyway, the second reason is that I got the blood work/ urinalysis done Tuesday. The clinic called yesterday and said "The doctor wants to see you to follow up on your blood work, but she said to tell you "No hurry, no worry". I love that! When I was in Calgary and they would call about a follow up visit, they would never tell me if there was a problem, even if I asked. So, there I would sit for however long until my appointment, worrying about the results. At my age, it's always a little "iffy". :b

It turns out that she will be away until Feb. 4th and although I could go in to see another of the 12 docs at the clinic, I chose to wait. I haven't seen her but a few times since we've been here and want to be more established with her, if that makes sense. I also still need to do my occult blood test and take that in to the hospital, so it's better if all the tests (excluding mammogram) are in before I go.

It is nice to know that I don't have to worry and can schedule an appointment around our work here. :D

Post subject: Re: Doctor communication
PostPosted: 01/12/17 6:29 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

I'm soooooo jealous. LOL!

Wonderful that you found a doc like that, roseanne. "No hurry, no worry"- Love that!

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply