It is currently 03/28/24 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: 08/22/17 4:02 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

Got this e-mail today. I'm going to be rich! And he's a "Sir" too!

JOHN MCFARLANE
2017 Aug 17 16:40
Dear friend,

It is nice and wonderful to make contact with you today. As a matter of fact I am Sir.john Mcfarlane, the chairman of Barclay's Bank UK.

I want to trust you with this money (US $ 6.800000 million) for investment in your country.

I realized this money $ 6.8m, as part of unclaimed deposited funds in our Bank since 2002 by a dead foreign customer who deals on Gold and Precious stones here in London before his death. Immediately i placed it on Sundry Escrow Account here in our bank And I can not find any of his family information and no body knows about this .i need is your cooperation as my partner because your name is similar to his name,i therefore assure you there is no risk involved.

Sincerely, I am ready to give you 40% of the US $ 6.8m while 60% will be for me, this is bank to bank transfer, this transaction will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any violation of the law. I will send you every information as beneficiary prove for this money.

Please urgently reply my email address or Whatsapp for more details.

sirmcfarlanejohn@gmail.com
+447784621790

Best regards,
Sir.john Mcfarlane

Are there people who still fall for this scam. There must be. I get so many similar e-mails although this is first one with a "Sir John" or Barclays Bank. Usually its some poor widow lady whose husband was the "Chief Buggabboo of the Minerals Department" in some unknown African country that needs to smuggle a billions dollars worth of diamonds out or some such similar nonsense.

PostPosted: 08/22/17 5:57 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
Got this e-mail today. I'm going to be rich! And he's a "Sir" too!

JOHN MCFARLANE
2017 Aug 17 16:40
Dear friend,

It is nice and wonderful to make contact with you today. As a matter of fact I am Sir.john Mcfarlane, the chairman of Barclay's Bank UK.

I want to trust you with this money (US $ 6.800000 million) for investment in your country.

I realized this money $ 6.8m, as part of unclaimed deposited funds in our Bank since 2002 by a dead foreign customer who deals on Gold and Precious stones here in London before his death. Immediately i placed it on Sundry Escrow Account here in our bank And I can not find any of his family information and no body knows about this .i need is your cooperation as my partner because your name is similar to his name,i therefore assure you there is no risk involved.

Sincerely, I am ready to give you 40% of the US $ 6.8m while 60% will be for me, this is bank to bank transfer, this transaction will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any violation of the law. I will send you every information as beneficiary prove for this money.

Please urgently reply my email address or Whatsapp for more details.

sirmcfarlanejohn@gmail.com
+447784621790

Best regards,
Sir.john Mcfarlane

Are there people who still fall for this scam. There must be. I get so many similar e-mails although this is first one with a "Sir John" or Barclays Bank. Usually its some poor widow lady whose husband was the "Chief Buggabboo of the Minerals Department" in some unknown African country that needs to smuggle a billions dollars worth of diamonds out or some such similar nonsense.

:lol I used to get a lot of those - not as much anymore.

PostPosted: 08/23/17 3:09 pm • # 3 
Administrator

Jim, you need to play a little with the Sir. Don't let that hook go yet.
You won't be disappointed.
Tips on how to make scam-baiting an enjoyable, exciting game can be found here http://www.419eater.com/html/baiting.htm

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply