It is currently 04/20/24 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Mistaken identity...
PostPosted: 09/07/17 7:09 am • # 1 
Editorialist

ROFLMAO! Did you ever see the commercial for glasses where the woman is calling in her cat at night and a skunk comes in, then is in bed with her?
Well.......we have a cat that lives near us somewhere and comes to visit when we are out having a smoke. Beautiful, sweet kitty.
This morning I was out before dawn and thought I saw the cat. Started calling to it. It was a skunk! I realized that when it turned to walk away. I will say it's the first I've ever seen alive (lots of dead ones on the roads) and what a beautiful creature!
Thank goodness it didn't come to me. :lol

Post subject: Re: Mistaken identity...
PostPosted: 09/07/17 8:53 am • # 2 
Editorialist

:lol They do have a certain cuteness and a lot of chutzpah. When I spent my summers in the country would see them when we went out and came back at night. One saw the car coming, he was in the middle of the road we slowed down and stopped when he did. He looked at the car with the headlights beaming - stared a few minutes - and then turned around and gave us his backside with tail up lol.

PostPosted: 09/07/17 11:57 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

There was one who lived somewhere around the apartment where April and I lived (this was in the middle of the city). We would often sit on the balcony at night and watch it root around in the garden area. It was about 150 yards from the parking lot to the apartment door and it was fun to watch people coming an going along the walkway with no idea this thing was often no more than a few feet away. I often wanted to holler down "Hey lady don't step on the skunk" but didn't want to ruin both their nights. As far as I know the critter never found a need to make its presence noted.

PostPosted: 09/17/17 2:57 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

Thry're chronic carriers of rabies. We had one get aggressive one evening years back, quite scary.

PostPosted: 09/21/17 9:10 am • # 5 
Administrator

We had a skunk family living under our front porch (in Montreal) for several years. There'd be the occasional "whiff" but that's about it.

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply