It is currently 03/28/24 7:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
PostPosted: 10/20/18 10:00 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

.....after seeing an ad which explains safe use of weed and then thinking about how in my lifetime it's gone from "Reefer Madness" to this. :b :lol

PostPosted: 10/21/18 3:03 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
.....after seeing an ad which explains safe use of weed and then thinking about how in my lifetime it's gone from "Reefer Madness" to this. :b :lol

Yesterday I was at a stop light and there was a couple in their sixties sitting on a bus stop bench passing a roach back and forth. Not only was it still illegal they looked absolutely ridiculous.

PostPosted: 10/21/18 10:00 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:

I made kiddo watch that movie a while ago. We were both cracking up!

PostPosted: 10/23/18 9:30 am • # 4 
Editorialist

The Capital- Annapolis' hometown newspaper and owned by the Baltimore Sun, ran a full page color ad on page 5 Sunday for an app called weedfinder which helps you find the closest dispensary, lets you know which products they carry, and alerts you to sales, specials and best prices for your medical marijuana. :rolleyes

PostPosted: 10/23/18 4:52 pm • # 5 
Administrator

Is weed legal in MD?

PostPosted: 10/24/18 12:48 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

Just medical marijuana. Small amounts for recreation only carry a citation, no jail.

PostPosted: 10/25/18 6:48 pm • # 7 
Administrator

queenoftheuniverse wrote:
Just medical marijuana. Small amounts for recreation only carry a citation, no jail.

Small steps...

PostPosted: 11/05/18 10:12 am • # 8 
Editorialist

While I strongly feel we (the U.S.) needs to stop this business of arresting people for simple possession of drugs, I don't agree with making drug use acceptable.

I never got into any drug use but I did quite a bit of drinking in my younger days. Frankly, I'm lucky I survived.

I've often thought that the use of drugs and alcohol indicates something fundamentally wrong with the human species. At the same time, I can understand why we make use of them.

PostPosted: 11/05/18 10:30 am • # 9 
Administrator

John59 wrote:
While I strongly feel we (the U.S.) needs to stop this business of arresting people for simple possession of drugs, I don't agree with making drug use acceptable.

I never got into any drug use but I did quite a bit of drinking in my younger days. Frankly, I'm lucky I survived.

I've often thought that the use of drugs and alcohol indicates something fundamentally wrong with the human species. At the same time, I can understand why we make use of them.

Truth be told, I smoked weed a number of times in my younger/wilder days but always reacted by getting ravenously hungry and then falling asleep wherever I was ~ :o ~ I've never been much of a drinker but I have always and still enjoy a glass or two of wine ~

Both drugs and alcohol are used as "escapes", John ~ personally, I much prefer people over-indulging on alcohol or weed occasionally than exploding from anger ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/05/18 11:15 am • # 10 
Editorialist

Weed can also be used medicinally. It's great for sleep problems (see sooz's post). I have a fellow Tweeter who has used it to withdraw from (prescribed) opioid use quite successfully and so many who have undergone chemo have used it to keep their appetite up. There are many other uses for weed besides "escape".

Alcohol is another story.

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ] New Topic Add Reply