It is currently 03/29/24 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Call Centers
PostPosted: 04/02/19 9:24 am • # 1 
Editorialist

Need to rant - had to deal with some issues with medication renewals, the bank for updated info, and another for insurance. . Well, I got three different call center employees, one at each, who were at the least hard to understand and i had to ask them to repeat every thing. While that is an annoyance - it is more of an annoyance when they could not think out of the box. They may may have a little paper for references at call centers, but if your question or problem is not on it - they fumble around and put you on hold or pass you around for more time than is acceptable - I finally hung on the last one and tried to recoup my composure, albeit through gritted teeth.

Thinking about it, it is not their fault as they actually do not work inside a company and have limited knowledge than say an actual employee who works along side others and knows who to ask for what, and where to go for information. And why is this - so corporate governance can get to keep more money in their personal coffers by not having to pay Americans a decent wage. They think by telling the call center employees to ask about the weather and try to have a nice chat - makes things more palatable for the lack of knowledge and efficiency - you know what they can do with their chit chat - yep, I know you do. :angry

Last edited by Karolinablue on 04/02/19 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Call Centers
PostPosted: 04/02/19 9:33 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Seems i am having a glitchy sort of day - I wanted to put the above in Pet Peeves, but it would not let me so I did it as new topic. Sooz, you can move it there if you want :)

PostPosted: 04/02/19 9:41 am • # 3 
Administrator

Definitely frustrating, and I'm guessing we've all be victims at one time or another ~ when it happens to me, I now ask to speak to a supervisor ~ that usually [but not always] works for me ~

Did you finally get things worked out, KB?

Sooz

PostPosted: 04/02/19 5:06 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

sooz06 wrote:
Definitely frustrating, and I'm guessing we've all be victims at one time or another ~ when it happens to me, I now ask to speak to a supervisor ~ that usually [but not always] works for me ~

Did you finally get things worked out, KB?

Sooz

I did sooz, thanks. Took almost an hour on the phone for what should have taken 15 minutes at the most. I usually ask for the supervisor also, but this time it did not do much good as it still took ages to be connected to the right people.

PostPosted: 04/03/19 3:31 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

I could be wrong, but I think those call center people actually get in big trouble if they go "off script".

At least that's what I tell myself as I'm banging my head against the wall. lol

PostPosted: 04/03/19 3:48 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think those call center people actually get in big trouble if they go "off script".

At least that's what I tell myself as I'm banging my head against the wall. lol

You might be right, chaos :lol

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply