It is currently 03/28/24 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: 04/15/19 4:47 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

Good thing I sleep with the TV on. The emergency broadcast for a TORNADO WARNING woke me up in the wee hours. We don't have those often in NJ! lol

I waited a bit and watched out the window as the lightning picked up...then the wind picked up...then the hail started and I decided better safe than sorry and got everybody up.

Kiddo grabbed her favorite cat. Hubby tried to get the dogs to go down the stairs but they wouldn't budge so they stayed on the landing. Power went out twice while we were down there and that was a little creepy.

We only had to wait about 20 minutes for the storm line to pass but it sure felt like an hour. lol

PostPosted: 04/15/19 6:12 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

I still get that "feeling" reading about this. It was a common thing in Alabama. I had a weather radio that would alarm if there was a warning in my area. I know your stress. Not fun!

PostPosted: 04/15/19 6:25 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

I was a wreck last night we had a tornado watch that looked like it was going to go into a warning - every 15 minutes an alert came on TV. I have been through several hurricanes, and the last one was a doozy - but the tornado warnings during it really terrified me as I have really no safe place to take refuge. I could not sleep and did the best i could with figuring where to go in apt and what to have with me. It ended up to be canceled, we just had a lot of rain and wind. I am going to buy a bicycle helmet (someone advised me to get one) and also buy me some ruby slippers.

PostPosted: 04/20/19 9:15 am • # 4 
Editorialist

The helmet thing is a *really* clever idea that I don't think I've ever heard before. Is that common advice in "tornado alley"? Lots of families have helmets in the house from sports or motorcycles/ATV's, etc.

PostPosted: 04/20/19 5:28 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
The helmet thing is a *really* clever idea that I don't think I've ever heard before. Is that common advice in "tornado alley"? Lots of families have helmets in the house from sports or motorcycles/ATV's, etc.

I didn't think it was, but right after I was advised to get one saw it recommended on the news. Had another scare after that this Friday - I finally cleared out a small closet, standing room only, but they do not last long. I am exhausted as the weather was an issue all day and into late night. Glad to say no tornadoes here, but this is not boding well for hurricane season. . .

PostPosted: 04/23/19 7:53 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

Hey, a closet is enclosed and has no windows. That counts!

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply