It is currently 05/02/24 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: 10/04/20 4:26 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

One of the rescue ladies was taking her cat to the vet, and they do "curbside pickup" because of COVID. Tech comes to the car and gets the carrier. On the way into the building something went wrong. My friend looked up in time to see the tech drop the carrier and pin her cat down by the neck.

He promptly chomped her. She let go out of instinct and he took off like a bat out of hell. This was @4:30pm. Another rescue was called in to help and they were supposed to set a trap and set up a trail cam. For reasons unknown they decided NOT to set the trap because they were afraid of "catching the wrong cat". ????

A little after 7 that night I see the FB post about poor Quincy. 20 minutes later I'm at the vet's office with our trap. His mama met me there with his food and blanket with his scent, along with some of her clothes. We searched until about 10:30, no luck.

The next day I ran to Staples and had some lost flyers made up. Headed to the vet and...no trap. They caught a different stray and decided to just keep it IN the trap, inside, until it could be spayed/neutered. I made a stink, got the trap back. We spent about 3 hours searching and handing out flyers to local businesses and several homes that back up to the vet parking lot. You know, people are very suspicious. Maybe we looked like jehova's witnesses or sales people or census takers or something?

Did I mention that my friend had a c-section two weeks ago and has a newborn at home? Ex Navy gal, tough as nails. lol We set the trap again before we left, she want back that night and searched again. No luck.

Next morning, opossum in the trap and he/she doesn't want to come out. :lol My friend propped the door open and left, unwanted guest had left by the time I got there to check. Set trap again.

So we made plans to make up more flyers and get together Sunday afternoon to post them on surrounding telephone poles and such. Meanwhile she's back there morning, noon and night...calling, searching...nothing.

Saturday night she goes to check the trap, empty. Walks around a bit calling to him. Heads back to the vet and there is his...just sitting by the back door like he's been waiting for her all along. :hrt I bet he had himself a little hiding spot and heard her the whole time but was just too scared to come out. LOL

So Quincy is HOME. YAAAYYYY!!! That's my adventure of the week.

Last edited by Chaos333 on 10/08/20 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 10/04/20 5:43 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

So glad he was found. You were great to help and I am sure she appreciated your support :)

PostPosted: 10/04/20 9:01 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

What a story! LOL Glad it had a happy ending. Cats can be so nonchalantly sneaky, can't they? Prolly sitting there cleaning it's whiskers like the cat that swallowed....well you know. You're such a sweet person to help out so much.

PostPosted: 10/07/20 8:27 am • # 4 
Editorialist

Cats have their own agenda. They'll come when they are ready.

PostPosted: 10/08/20 8:10 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

My trap caught the wrong cat and a opossum. I think it's cursed. :lol

PostPosted: 10/09/20 3:48 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Chaos333 wrote:
My trap caught the wrong cat and a opossum. I think it's cursed. :lol

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply