It is currently 09/27/24 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: Geography Challenge.
PostPosted: 12/28/09 7:37 pm • # 1 
This is hard. I tried it again last night and the highest score I got was a 70. I would look at a map of the globe for a couple minutes before you enter.

Click Geography Challenge.

Good luck!!!

http://www.geographyzone.com/new/index.php?t=1&b=0

Last edited by kathyk1024 on 12/28/09 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12/30/09 6:54 am • # 2 
Administrator

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Kath ~ I do NOT need a self-imposed frustration ~ LOL ~ I have played this a couple of times now and my best score so far has been 4 out of 10 ~ Image ~ I'll keep trying, but this is VERY difficult, especially for those of us who tend to be geographically-challenged ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/30/09 8:57 am • # 3 
Back when I played the first time at least 4 years ago, I was fairly good at it and could get 10s occasionally. I think I still know a general idea where countries are, but I have forgotten the specifics. I am good at Europe, South America and of course North America with the exception of the Carribean.

Last edited by kathyk1024 on 12/30/09 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12/30/09 9:07 am • # 4 
Well that sucks. Best I got was 4.

PostPosted: 12/30/09 10:44 am • # 5 
I got 6 this time around, but geez some of those "countries" are so small they were test sites for the atom bomb.

PostPosted: 01/12/10 7:33 am • # 6 
Administrator

I am NOT doing well on this ~ Image ~ I tend to know areas MUCH better than specifics ~ I've got to get a world map ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 03/10/10 3:03 pm • # 7 
Editorialist

That's a great game! I played several times as the first two attempts were ugly because I couldn't figure out how to move around. They would ask where nepal was and I was looking at the southern half of south america. After I figured out how to move the map to the region of the country, I had to figure out what those pointers meant. Small country pointers.... I guess I should have tried an instructional before 'going live'. Regardless, after a few games, I was up to 8/10 or 80. I decided that was good for the night. The message from the game was "you're approaching perfection but not quite there yet".... story of my life! :-P

PostPosted: 03/10/10 3:08 pm • # 8 
I can at least figure out the continent. Ummm. Except for those dinky islands I've never heard of. Of course, it took me the first try just to figure out how to play the game. I thought I was being given a choice of those locations marked by the flags, but was SURE none of them matched the country named. That really confused me. Then I realized I could navigate around using the map on the left. Something about the perspective was distorted and confusing me even on countries I do know. Pathetic. (But that's okay, I told them I was from Alabama...lol! Didn't notice that extra drop-down to pick a state until after I clicked to start.)

PostPosted: 03/10/10 3:15 pm • # 9 
Calluna - I'm from Afghanistan sometimes.

PostPosted: 03/10/10 4:36 pm • # 10 
Editorialist

OK, I got 70% that time.  I missed Bosnia, which sucks, because I have been there.

PostPosted: 05/03/10 1:31 am • # 11 
Editorialist

I'll try again tomorrow.  Couldn't figure out how to move the map until the last country which I'd never heard of anyway.  There should be a law that says all countries have to have a catastrophe at least once a year so that dingbats like me can care enough to figure out where they are.

PostPosted: 06/23/10 11:05 am • # 12 
I think I can beat this game if I can just figure out how to find earth.

PostPosted: 07/03/10 7:47 am • # 13 
Well, a few times i've been on the right continent

Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ] New Topic Add Reply