It is currently 06/26/24 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ]
PostPosted: 06/01/10 5:51 am • # 1 
Administrator

How close [or different] is your online persona from your real-life persona?

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/01/10 5:55 am • # 2 
Administrator

I'm pretty much identical online and in real life ~ the one real difference is that online I have trained myself to think before I hit "post", whereas in real life I sometimes react first ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/01/10 6:54 am • # 3 
Editorialist

sooz08 wrote:
How close [or different] is your online persona from your real-life persona?

Sooz

hahahaha.  werent we just discussing this?

i am way more bold and outspoken online.  it would seem, from what others have told me, that i come across as rather serious and dour on line, as well.  both facets are very much exaggerated here.  i am more shy and lighthearted in person.

PostPosted: 06/01/10 4:50 pm • # 4 
It depends on which site I'm posting on... hehehe.... I'm up front here but at the "other" site - well - I'd be calling "me" an asshole.

PostPosted: 06/02/10 12:47 am • # 5 
Editorialist

I am what I am.  But the internet comes with the bonus of being able to self-edit before anyone "hears" me. 

I think I laugh more in real life. And self-edit less.

PostPosted: 06/02/10 3:20 am • # 6 
Editorialist

Only about half of me makes it to the internet.  It's the real me, just less of it.  I'm shy in a very strange way, careful about self disclosure.

PostPosted: 06/02/10 5:02 am • # 7 
I'm pretty much the same online as I am in RL.  I hang out, don't talk much except to drop off a few (I hope) pithy comments.  Actually, I think I'm a little more talkative online because I can write out my thoughts.  I write better than I talk.

PostPosted: 06/02/10 7:47 am • # 8 
I think im pretty much the same on line as well...but I talk a lot faster in person..ha ha (can never keep up on chat!)..... also I probably voice my opinions more easily off the boards ..and sometimes wish there was a delete button in real life too..ha ha

PostPosted: 06/04/10 1:32 am • # 9 
"and sometimes wish there was a delete button in real life too..ha ha"

Duct tape. [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif[/img]

PostPosted: 06/04/10 7:06 pm • # 10 
Duct tape. Image

Geeeeeeez!!..a typical guys answer to everything!Image....Image

PostPosted: 06/04/10 10:16 pm • # 11 
/'Ah, duct tape...ever watch the Red Green show?  Haven't seen it myself since I moved to Arkansas, but used to love it in Ks..it was a hoot!  As for my personna--well, it comes across I'm afraid as a lot more pious than i am in person;  I don't even like piety.  I try to live in the present even as I remember the past...the present is somewhat tinged with the knowlege of never again having what i had in the past but I fight melancholia by trying to stay active...I will never marry again but I miss being married, bottom line.  But I am glad to be alive to see sunrises and sunsets...I have friends, my God, things I like to do, and often I spurn invites because it seems empty (there's a "tea" several friends are begging me to go to but it seems a waste of time)--I love my work because my work requires ever so patiently working over and over helping patients to learn how to take care of themselves--and I give my all I can to that work even to where i can hardly walk out of the place at the end of the shift but when a patient says "I'm glad you're here! I missed you!" it's well worth it...I just worked 66 hrs. the past 6 days( at a time when the hospital doesn't want to pay overtime! Go figure!) , and work wanted me to work today but my dau and granddau said no way! so I've been up since 0330 online....it's daylight so probably will go outside while it's cool--love early summer mornings...I'm a nature lover and things like the oil spill upset me greatly (I won't hardly post on that subject it upsets me so much!)  Before I die, I would like somehow to go work with Hand of hope or some other mission....it troubles me that the Church is not doing more to help with world hunger and medical needs...aw. I'm rambling....just an old woman inside i guess....

PostPosted: 06/04/10 10:31 pm • # 12 
I'm honest, blunt and read few things without seeing some comedy/farcical element offline.
Am I the same online?
I report, you decide.

PostPosted: 06/04/10 11:24 pm • # 13 
Cannalee, you're not rambling, you make perfect sense.
I admire your commitment to your job and regret there are those who would exploit that.
Keep doing what you do please. Image but allow the time to take care of yourself too.

PostPosted: 06/05/10 12:48 am • # 14 
FF, thank you for the Image!  Guess my "loneliness" was showingImage  I'm surrounded by people who seem to like me (some even love me!) but at times i still feel "hollow"?  Guess I better get busy!

PostPosted: 06/05/10 3:23 am • # 15 
Editorialist

I'm more confident online.  I'm pretty outspoken in both places, but i'm a teacher irl, and i have to be careful what kinds of things i say and do in public.  In here i think i can more truly be myself with less consequences, intended or otherwise.  I think i also express myself better in writing than i do vocally.

PostPosted: 06/11/10 3:44 am • # 16 
Editorialist

i am way more bold and outspoken online.  it would seem, from what others have told me, that i come across as rather serious and dour on line, as well.  both facets are very much exaggerated here.  i am more shy and lighthearted in person.

I think that describes me as well.

Several times I have been told on-line to get a sense of humor. If the person really knew me, they would never say that, so I'm guessing I come across more serious than I do in person.

Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ] New Topic Add Reply