It is currently 09/27/24 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Should be a fun night...
PostPosted: 06/11/10 1:00 am • # 1 
Editorialist

My dd's martial arts school will be having class/putting on a demo in the local movie theater lobby tonight for the opening of the new "Karate Kid" flick.

Let's hope the movie isn't sold out all night and we can get in to see it when we're done, or dd is going to be bummed. Let's also hope the new kid who was kicking the snot out of all the other students at sparring last night learns a bit of self-sontrol and stops actually hurting people. (It's sparring practice, not cage fighting, you idiot!)

PostPosted: 06/11/10 9:00 am • # 2 
I always liked the original movie but I've read a couple of reviews of this new remake that were pretty favorable to Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith (one said Smith had the same charisma as his dad).  If you do get in (and I hope you do) I'll expect a full report.

PostPosted: 06/11/10 5:55 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

A wonderful night, the kids put on a great demo! Three hours of demo, and the crowds were impressed.

We did get to see the movie, and it's a hoot! Yes, Jaden has a long career as an actor ahead of him, if that's what he wants to do. He was amazing. 

A very well done remake. I'd heard it was a little long-over 2 hours-but the time flew right by. My daughter was cracking up at Jackie Chan.....

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply