It is currently 09/27/24 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: A kerfluffle afoot....
PostPosted: 06/22/10 6:59 am • # 1 
Editorialist

I can't stop giggling. Today, for the first time ever, I saw the principal off dd's school literally speechless....

Okay, so let's back up to yesterday. They threw a nice luau/luncheon for all the 4th graders who are moving up to middle school next year. I was there, blowing up the fake palm trees, fetched the 24 pizzas, etc. etc. Teachers got to pelt the kids with water balloons out on the playground ( a huge hit!) we all had a blast.

Sooooo....at the end, each kid gets called up for their "diploma", a big water bottle filled with goodies, a souvenier book, and a CD-"Aloha _____ 4th Grade Class of 2010" right on the CD itself, case, cover, song list printed inside. Last night, my dd finally uses the radio/CD/turntable in her room to put it on and jam, calls her daddy in to dance with her. Being the good sport he is....

He comes out looking confused. Tells me he's hearing lyrics about "brushing your teeth with Jack" ( Daniels), beer this and that...some other suggestive things he couldn't remember exactly... Image . So this morning, after dd is off on the bus, I start snooping, looking up the song lyrics online according to the playlist. My jaw drops.

I put the CD on, and listened, and sure enough... these are songs that are NOT the sanitized for radio airplay versions. I start a list..."I'ma rock this shit/Be the hottest bitch/before I leave brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack/ain't got a care in the world but got plenty of beer/ boys trying to touch my junk/ I want your psycho, your vertical stick/I cannot text you with a drink in my hand/most of it really was for the hell of the fun/just tryin' to get some/tryna chase skirts/ rappin' for the hell of it/and get back to the music that started this shit/the shit, baby/I'mma be fcukin her/ you niggas wannna talk shit/I'mma be your banker loaning out semen/we on some next level shit"...................................

Ummmmmm...not exactly suitable for 4th graders. LMAO Some songs were fine, but at least 7 were clearly out of bounds. At this point, there's about 3 hours left in the school year, I call and get the secretary, tell her, she's horrified. I told her I wanted to give them a heads up so they could get out in front of what could be quite the little scandal. ( I mean, we had hysteria over kids singing a song about Obama just a few miles from here...)

Get to the school today for the last day class party 2 hours later ( more pizza!) The secretary hasn't told the principal yet. Tells me to tell dd's teacher. She about falls over hyperventilating when I showed her the lyrics I'd written down. Sends me to the Super's office. One secretary in there, she takes my name to give a message to the super. We get to the "message" part, and I start to explain and her eyes keep getting bigger and bigger as I'm reading, she's gasping- Says she'll tell him ASAP.

Heading back to the classroom,  another lady from the Super's office catches me, asks if I've told the Principal. Said I'd called, but they hadn't told her yet, she marches me to the Principal's office. lol Yes, I got marched down to the principals office on the last day of school.

I wish you could all have been flies on the wall to watch her face as I explained all this. All the blood seemed to drain from her face and I honestly think she couldn't breathe for a moment. ImageI told her I KNOW there's no way she would have let them be handed out if she heard it. 

Sooooo....in the middle of the party serving pizza, in comes the Principal and the counselor to tell the class they "need to talk". Then we review what "appropriate" and "inappropriate" mean,....lol...and after a little chat, all the kids are to go home and hand over the CD's to their parents, who can expect a letter from the school shortly.

I'm such a troublemaker....

PostPosted: 06/23/10 4:58 am • # 2 
Editorialist

LOL!

and to think Louie Louie by the Kingsmen was banned. the cat is mos def out of the bag.

PostPosted: 06/23/10 8:01 pm • # 3 
ROFLMAO!!ImageWhile I know there are bounds and limits as to what is appropriate (especially for 4th graders!)  I find it funny, kind of like the principal getting hit in the face with a cold fish!   (Reality?)  I'm fairly certain the adults were more shocked than the kids...the kids probably just thought it was great....

PostPosted: 06/24/10 12:30 am • # 4 
The kids were probably dancing to the tunes in front of their web cams.

Somehow... I can't help but think how much simpler life was for the average fourth or fifth grader when I was that age.

PostPosted: 06/24/10 4:12 am • # 5 
Editorialist

Oh, I think it's hysterically funny. I'd really rather keep the CD and break it out when dd hits college and tell her the whole story.

And really, it's a darn good thing it was ME who caught this, and not someone who would call FOX news in Philly and make a big stink out of it.  

PostPosted: 06/27/10 7:28 am • # 6 
LOL!!  Re-reading it, it's still funny!  Now, I'm chuckling at the confused look that must've been on Dad's face after dancing to a couple of tunes with dd--too funny!

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply