It is currently 05/18/24 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next   Page 18 of 23   [ 565 posts ]
 Post subject: Pet peeve(s) of the day
PostPosted: 08/08/12 6:31 am • # 426 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
The lawn needs to be cut. Riding mower has needed a new battery for a long time, so I've been jumping it with our jumper pack. Jumper pack is out of juice, can't find the charger. Push mower ( pull cord to start) has only started for me once in the past decade. 
I guess the lawn wins today. grrrrrrrImage

I was stopped at a light next to a landscaping truck with the mower on the trailer running!  I was thinking poor guy is gonna be out of gas when he gets to his job.

PostPosted: 08/08/12 8:14 am • # 427 
Administrator

queenoftheuniverse wrote:
jabra2 wrote:
queenoftheuniverse wrote:
jabra2 wrote:
Volkswagen says that being young ends the day you get your prescription for a walker.
You're good to go.

Thanks Jab- I guess that gives me a few more years.

Roseanne- I had a 1970 Beetle in the 80s.  It was tough to keep it up even then.  The chrome bumpers rusted and rusterd no matter what you did to them.  And the floors rusted away too.  And the heat for the backseat was non existant because the pipes ran alongside the rocker panels and rusted out.  Maybe you can find one buried in some old guy's midwestern garage that has had little exposure to the elements.

Say what? The beetle had heat?
Come to think of it, there were some kind of heat exchangers in the engine compartment but I think they were factory-set to activate after several hundred kilometers of brisk autobahn drive, and only as long as the outside temps were mild.
I clearly remember scraping the frost off the interior of my 1956 windshield. But, what a ride going through snow covered roads in the alps to go skiing!

And the heat for the backseat was   non existant   geez taken out of context like a politician.  BTW, where did you put the skis?
I guess you have more experience with the backseat. I don't think I ever utilized the backseat since the front seats folded back quite nicely, you could hold onto the backseat and look out the rear window for peeping Toms. Image

The skis went on top of a rack attached to the rain thingie. You took it off for the summer when incidentally the heater started to work really fine.
Come to think of it, perhaps snow tires, ski rack and ice scraper had something to do with the heater?

PostPosted: 08/09/12 1:43 am • # 428 
Editorialist

I hate it when I think of something to look up, then do a few other things (this morning, getting ready for work), sit down at the computer an draw a blank. Image

I MUST find a way to stop doing that!Image Concentrate on a key word for the search or something to trigger my memory. Sigh.

I know I'm doing it more right now because my head is filled with so many things and my brain is jumping from one thing to another. iPhone learning curve (need to look up some more stuff for that!), remembering how to use our new remote for our new cable service, our upcoming trip (things I need to buy and do) and of course, work. Image

PostPosted: 08/09/12 5:14 am • # 429 
Editorialist

Technology is great....but a good old pencil and paper can save countless hours.....Image

PostPosted: 08/09/12 5:24 am • # 430 
Administrator

Chaos333 wrote:
Technology is great....but a good old pencil and paper can save countless hours.....Image

For many people, true ~ but my newest "quirk" is I make handwritten notes ... and then lose the notes ~ :o

Sooz

PostPosted: 08/09/12 7:34 am • # 431 
Editorialist

sooz08 wrote:
Chaos333 wrote:

For many people, true ~ but my newest "quirk" is I make handwritten notes ... and then lose the notes ~ Image

Sooz

Ditto! I have sticky notes at work and at home, note pads too! I have a couple of pages of note paper with multiple notes, but no clue what they mean. lmao. A couple of phone numbers (could be important for work ya knowImage) and then maybe a name or a notation like "heat" or "door". WTF? I KNOW what they mean when I write them down, but later..............Image Eventually, I'll throw the note paper away. THEN I'll need the info.

At work, I finally hit on a good solution for notes, since we get voice mails and other calls for maintenance that we might not act on immediately. We were forgetting some of those things and I didn't have the note. I bought a 5x7 sprial notebook. I date it in the morning and start taking notes. I put stars by important stuff and circle it too. That way, I can always do a quick look back a few pages as a reminder or to find a phone number. 

Usually when I think of something I want to look up, I'm doing something else. This morning I was out on the balcony having a smoke. No pen, no paper and evidently no "virtual" memory left in my brain. That's why I need to get into the habit of focusing on a key word. That would be enough I think. 

PostPosted: 08/10/12 2:43 am • # 432 
Editorialist

sooz08 wrote:
Chaos333 wrote:

For many people, true ~ but my newest "quirk" is I make handwritten notes ... and then lose the notes ~ Image

Sooz

And when I find the note, I can't read my own writing- not sure if it's the eyesight when I try to write it or try to read it...

PostPosted: 08/10/12 5:05 am • # 433 
Editorialist

OMG queen, Me Too! I'll start a shopping list, hubby will look at it and ask "What is that?" I try to read it......Image Heck if I know. It's both with me. No glasses when writing and reading without glasses.

PostPosted: 08/13/12 8:01 am • # 434 
Editorialist

Grrrr.....I sleep in one of the basement rooms during the summer because it's cool down there. Last night I'm getting ready for bed and notice a big puddle on the floor. Go back upstairs to collect pet towells and give the animals the old "I dunno which one of you is to blame but if I ever find out....." and other empty threats. Go back down and start to clean up when I feel a drip on my neck. Do the ole "WTF" and look up to see the basement ceiling is about to cave in. There's a pipe leaking just above where the main line comes into the house. It's plumber time. Then reconstruction time. Crap!

PostPosted: 08/13/12 8:48 am • # 435 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
Grrrr.....I sleep in one of the basement rooms during the summer because it's cool down there. Last night I'm getting ready for bed and notice a big puddle on the floor. Go back upstairs to collect pet towells and give the animals the old "I dunno which one of you is to blame but if I ever find out....." and other empty threats. Go back down and start to clean up when I feel a drip on my neck. Do the ole "WTF" and look up to see the basement ceiling is about to cave in. There's a pipe leaking just above where the main line comes into the house. It's plumber time. Then reconstruction time. Crap!

Yikes jim!! Not fun. Good luck.

PostPosted: 08/13/12 8:51 am • # 436 
Administrator

Here we poke a hole in the ceiling. And put a garbage can underneath to catch the water.

PostPosted: 08/13/12 9:11 am • # 437 
Editorialist

jabra2 wrote:
Here we poke a hole in the ceiling. And put a garbage can underneath to catch the water.

LOLOLOL! Then do you bitch about your water bill? :b

I would do that right away,though. Saves the ceiling from more damage.

PostPosted: 08/13/12 9:17 am • # 438 
Administrator

jabra2 wrote:

I thought duct tape was the reigning "fix all" ~ :b

Sooz

PostPosted: 08/13/12 9:25 am • # 439 
Editorialist

Jim....I assume you apologized to the critters who were accused of wrongdoing? :)

roseanne....back in the day our ins. co. used these great little phone message books. The top note tore off so we could attach it to a file, pass it to someone else, etc., but it left a duplicate in the book for each one too.

PostPosted: 08/14/12 8:15 am • # 440 
Editorialist

[i]
jabra2 wrote:

Gee! Why didn't I think of that? Oh wait! I did!

PostPosted: 08/14/12 8:24 am • # 441 
Editorialist

Jim....I assume you apologized to the critters who were accused of wrongdoing?

Naw! I let it stand. They probably deserved it for things I hadn't caught them at. Besides, I don't think I was all that impressive. One of the cats kept yawning, while the other just sort of wandered off. Mickey, the St. Bernard, didn't bother waking-up while Chillee, the Chihuahua, did his leg climbing act to say "As long as your back upstairs, you might as well treat me." The only one who listened was Gary, the lizard, and he would just like to get out of his tank so that he could pee on something.

PostPosted: 09/01/12 3:55 pm • # 442 
Editorialist

Fresh laundry all hung on the line on a nice sunny, breezy day....

So of course the neighbor has to fire up the riding mower and send clouds of dirt over. Thanks.

PostPosted: 09/02/12 11:26 am • # 443 
Editorialist

Bummer Chaos!

My pet peeve today is that I am still looking in the wrong place for the date of a post, seeing the join date and then wondering WTF? . :lol

PostPosted: 09/05/12 7:40 am • # 444 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
Bummer Chaos!

My pet peeve today is that I am still looking in the wrong place for the date of a post, seeing the join date and then wondering WTF? . :lol

I do that too. I'm starting to get trained slowly, though.

PostPosted: 09/13/12 6:22 am • # 445 
Editorialist

Right on schedule...school starts and the fall allergies kick in. Ugh. LOL!

PostPosted: 09/19/12 5:10 pm • # 446 
Editorialist

Red light runners, people who have to pull out in front of you even if you are the last car,especially if they then slow down

PostPosted: 09/20/12 12:19 am • # 447 
Editorialist

People who think "No Left Turn" signs only apply to other people, especially during rush hour.

PostPosted: 09/25/12 7:07 am • # 448 
Editorialist

Hotmail. I cannot access my main account today. No problems indicated, it just takes me back to the sign in page. However, my alternate account on Hotmail is fine. :hmm

PostPosted: 09/25/12 7:44 am • # 449 
Editorialist

FYI, if anyone else ever has that problem sign into MSN home page, then go to Hotmail. It works! lol. :b

PostPosted: 09/26/12 3:34 pm • # 450 
Editorialist

Wasting hours trying to find information and answer questions that come up as a result of right wing lies, when I get the feeling that there really isn't a question, someone just wants to bitch and moan about Obama.....

...really pisses me off. I'm not going to waste my time anymore.

( not directed at anyone here, btw.)

Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next   Page 18 of 23   [ 565 posts ] New Topic Add Reply