It is currently 05/18/24 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next   Page 2 of 23   [ 565 posts ]
 Post subject: Pet peeve(s) of the day
PostPosted: 07/13/10 10:30 am • # 26 
Editorialist

LOL gat!  Yesterday storms and hail, today rain and at the moment (4:30pm) it's currently 48F so sunburn is not a worry for us. Neither is going outside. Welcome to July in Alberta.  So there!Image  I just hope we don't have snow tonight. Image....

edited to add:

Like this! Image

Alberta walloped with snow

You're not seeing or hearing things. It's the middle of July and heavy snow is blanketing parts of Alberta.

“There wasn't any snow on the ground last night when I went to bed,â€

Last edited by roseanne on 07/13/10 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 07/15/10 12:25 am • # 27 
Enjoy your week of summer in August roseanne. September hits and it's "lights out" for another year.

PostPosted: 07/15/10 2:45 am • # 28 
Editorialist

Thanks Sid, lol.  I actually hate heat, but I do adore the sunshine and lack of snow. No matter how bad I feel, sunshine perks me up. When I first came here we had a lot of snow that first winter and the following few, cold temps (-30C) but lots of sunshine too. It was actually great. The last 2 or 3 winters have not been as cold or snowy, but it's been dark and cloudy a large part of the time. Ugh. People get cranky and I'll be if they did a survey, there are more doctor/ER visits in that kind of weather.

PostPosted: 07/15/10 4:43 am • # 29 
Visitors that come up to the nurse's station and stand there gabbing at me when I'm trying to work, or come right in to another patient's room to tell me what their family member needs or ask you something when I'm trying to take care of the patient I am currently with...I view that as the height of rudeness and intrusive...It's like they think their family member is my only patient...Image

PostPosted: 07/15/10 10:12 am • # 30 
Editorialist

Cannalee2 wrote:
Visitors that come up to the nurse's station and stand there gabbing at me when I'm trying to work, or come right in to another patient's room to tell me what their family member needs or ask you something when I'm trying to take care of the patient I am currently with...I view that as the height of rudeness and intrusive...It's like they think their family member is my only patient...Image

I am not a nurse, but this type of behavior is rampant everywhere. I've been on the phone in my office and people come in and start chatting. Then, after they realize that I am on the phone, they just stand there listening to my conversation. Both of those things also happen when I have someone at my desk too. FFS! WAIT OUTSIDE THE OFFICE! There are a couple of comfortable chairs for just that purpose and my conversation is none of your business.

People these days seem to have more of a sense of entitlement that makes it difficult to maintain a polite demeanor when they are being self-involved asses.

PostPosted: 07/16/10 2:37 am • # 31 
Editorialist

Today my pet peeve is video.  I hate when I read a news teaser that is interesting and click through for the story and I get a video.  They take too long to watch and too long to get to the point.  I prefer to read or skim my news in print.

PostPosted: 07/16/10 10:17 am • # 32 
Administrator

"The American people want/are saying/don't want"

I'm gonna strangle someone soon if I hear it one more time out of a rightie's mouth! Image

PostPosted: 07/16/10 11:13 am • # 33 
Editorialist

Aww jab, what's wrong? Don't you know that they speak for all of us in that alternate universe where their reality says black is white and up is down?

At least make sure it's a righty teabagger that you strangle, ok?

PostPosted: 07/17/10 2:27 am • # 34 
Editorialist

Insurance companies that tell you "You can save $$!" Compared to what/who? And if every damn company saves you hundreds of dollars, then eventually wouldn't your insurance be free? Image LOL

PostPosted: 07/17/10 4:53 am • # 35 
Editorialist

Yield. 

This does not mean never even slow down and ride the shoulder of the road until you can't go any farther and then shoving the person in the right lane into the middle lane when you decide to just pull out in front of them doing 50+ mph.

PostPosted: 07/17/10 12:40 pm • # 36 
Editorialist

Thoughtless nieces (or rather one niece in particular). 

1. Opens my apartment doors, without knocking and saying hello, when she wants to get one of the dogs to come upstairs or outside with her.

2. Comes down today and asks me if I have any cookies or cake around.  When I tell her no she asks "Why not?"  Hello, fat person here trying to keep off the hundred-and-forty-some-odd lbs it took her over four years to lose!  Your an adult, why don't you make your own goodies in your own kitchen?

PostPosted: 07/17/10 1:00 pm • # 37 
Administrator

You lost 140+ pounds, pic? ~ WOW ~ that canNOT have been easy ... or fun ~ congratulations to you! ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/17/10 1:15 pm • # 38 
My pet peeve for today:  Grandson wants to borrow my only car to go to ball game (other grandpa gave him tickets to be his "guest"--only grandpa can't pick grandson and friend up--his car too  full)  Grandson's mom (mydau) thinks I should loan car to grandson--she says I have insurance for uninsured motorist or driver ...lol...she had a wedding dinner to go to...problem is the kid does not have his driver's license...i said "No Way!!" offered to give the kid and friend a ride to stadium...He says he wanted the car in case he wanted to leave before game over...his mom is "mad" and said she wouldn't ever ask for favor again and I had better not ask for any either...I repeated my offer to drive them to stadium etc. no good...i had nothing to do with this baseball game, it was between my ex, my dau, and my grandson, but everyone is angry because I wouldn't let an unlicensed driver drive my car after dark in a lot of traffic...the kid can drive ok, but i just wasn't comfortable with it...(his mom won't let him get his license until he has a job and can pay for his own insurance...siiiiiigh...)..but I'm supposed to loan my car to him???Image

PostPosted: 07/17/10 2:40 pm • # 39 
Administrator

One of my biggest pet peeves is bike riders ~ don't get me wrong, I love bike riding ~ and we have miles and miles of bike paths and trails ~ but Mayor Daley has declared that drivers and bike riders must share the roads ~ my problem with THAT is that bike riders don't abide by any rules of the road ~ and they don't seem to get stopped ~ they blow off stop signs, usually not even slowing down as the enter an intersection ~ they don't stay to the right, which is where the bike path is, but weave between the lanes ~ they don't pay attention to things like cars signaling turns ~ they act invincible ~ and if a driver ever hits a bike rider, the driver is at fault ~ virtually always ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/18/10 7:32 am • # 40 
Editorialist

Here cyclists insist on their right to ride on winding country roads through farmland and forest where two cars going in opposite directions can barely pass by and there is no shoulder.Deer jump out of the forest and there are hills to boot.  I have nearly died of fright when coming around a turn to find several cyclists in the road with nowhere to go.  I hold my breath as I brake, expecting the next car to come around the turn behind me and smash into my rear end.  then, the cylists go on the radio and complain that people hit them on purpose.  they should all be required to drive a car down these roads while their children are cycling before they get a permit to cycle themselves. Perhaps they were riding before helmets were invented.

PostPosted: 07/19/10 8:06 am • # 41 
Editorialist

Pet peeve of the day (week, month, year, life!):  Stupid people.  I mean really stupid people. People with NO common sense and who blurt out phrases or opinions that make no sense whatsoever. Image What is that phrase? "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"

PostPosted: 07/19/10 3:43 pm • # 42 
Oh... you mean statements like "pink elephants marching on Washington..."

PostPosted: 07/20/10 3:38 am • # 43 
Administrator

Breaking News like some spoiled brat reporting for her deserved jail time.
Who the hell cares about such shit? Image

PostPosted: 07/20/10 6:12 am • # 44 
"reality" TV... I really, really hate "reality" TV.

PostPosted: 07/20/10 6:18 am • # 45 
Administrator

Sidartha wrote:
"reality" TV... I really, really hate "reality" TV.

The only "reality TV" I have ever watched [and still watch] is Dancing With The Stars and America's Got Talent ~ both are "guilty pleasures" for me ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/20/10 7:33 am • # 46 
Editorialist

Depends on the "reality" show, for me.

"Big Brother"-no

"Deadliest Catch"-YES!

PostPosted: 07/21/10 12:12 am • # 47 
To me... Deadliest Catch and Ice Road Truckers are more documentaries than "reality" TV.

PostPosted: 07/28/10 5:59 am • # 48 
Editorialist

Cracker sleeves that seem spot-welded at the seam, making them impossible to open properly.

PostPosted: 07/28/10 9:19 am • # 49 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
Cracker sleeves that seem spot-welded at the seam, making them impossible to open properly.
And when you do manage to use enough force to get them open, you end up picking up crackers from all over the floor after the sleeve tears apart.

PostPosted: 07/28/10 1:47 pm • # 50 
Use scissors...

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next   Page 2 of 23   [ 565 posts ] New Topic Add Reply