It is currently 03/28/24 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next   Page 22 of 23   [ 565 posts ]
PostPosted: 03/10/15 9:06 pm • # 526 
Editorialist

queenoftheuniverse wrote:
I second that Chaos. Ours is rarely up to date and I end up picking on a kid who's getting all her work done. She's getting a little defensive.

Same here! :mad

Progress reports just came out today, and Algebra *finally* got updated. Yay!

However...there is no grade at all for English on the progress report. It's not even listed??? <sigh>

PostPosted: 05/06/15 9:42 am • # 527 
Editorialist

Over the weekend, hubby's laptop fried and died. He uses it for work and Snap-on diagnostic updates and such, so...BIG problem.

He found a good deal on a "scratch and dent" online, ordered it Sunday night. Listed the shipping address as work ( I'm not always home to sign for things) and billing as home. Monday his cell gets a call about 11AM while he's at work, there's some sort of "verification issue" and can he call them back. 7 minutes later, he gets an e-mail that his order was cancelled. He calls, using the extension given...and it kicks him into voicemail that's asking for a PIN#? But supposedly they're available until 10PM EST, so after being on hold with regular customer service-in the middle of a work day- for 20 minutes, he decides to call when he gets home.

Over an hour on hold and getting kicked back and forth between 2 departments, nobody knows who is supposed to handle this. Finally gets through to someone who tells him that the "verification department" is only available 9-5 EST. So Tuesday-at work-he spends his entire lunch half-hour trying to reach them, leaves multiple messages.

Last night about 6PM, we get a call. Because he listed a different shipping address (Like that's unusual? Good grief, they HAVE a spot to enter shipping information!) and he didn't answer his cell when they called....poof! Order gone! Scratch and dent that was a good deal, gone!

He has to start all over again with placing an order. WTF??? :angry :angry :angry

PostPosted: 06/29/15 6:50 am • # 528 
Editorialist

I get that it was a rainy day, and Baccus HATES to go out in the rain.

But did he really have to let loose ON the rug cleaning machine? Now I have to clean the machine that's supposed to clean things. There's something wrong with that. LOL

PostPosted: 07/08/15 2:31 pm • # 529 
Editorialist

LOL Chaos,

He probably "knows" that it is a cleaning machine and was trying to do you a favor since he doesn't understand how it cleans.

PostPosted: 07/08/15 2:32 pm • # 530 
Editorialist

Chasing after contractors to come do the work they know they have to do.......grrrrrrrr!

PostPosted: 07/09/15 6:56 am • # 531 
Editorialist

Oh that sounds like fun, roseanne. Ugh.

PostPosted: 09/06/15 5:49 pm • # 532 
Editorialist

"Supposably" instead of supposedly. I hear it more and more and it drives me crazy, lol.

Are they not teaching language in school any longer? Spelling? Grammar? I bet you'd stump the hell out of a high school student if you mentioned dangling participles or past perfect tense. Sigh.

PostPosted: 09/06/15 9:02 pm • # 533 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
"Supposably" instead of supposedly. I hear it more and more and it drives me crazy, lol.

Are they not teaching language in school any longer? Spelling? Grammar? I bet you'd stump the hell out of a high school student if you mentioned dangling participles or past perfect tense. Sigh.

The Honors Geometry teacher posted a course syllabus.

"window cill"

I kid you not. lol

PostPosted: 09/07/15 7:49 am • # 534 
Editorialist

Oh my! That's disturbing. Reminds me of the woman I worked with at a bank who had her teachers certificate. She couldn't find a job teaching. Spelled "deposit", "deposite" :eyes Wonder why she couldn't find a teaching job. :b

PostPosted: 09/08/15 6:39 am • # 535 
roseanne wrote:
Oh my! That's disturbing. Reminds me of the woman I worked with at a bank who had her teachers certificate. She couldn't find a job teaching. Spelled "deposit", "deposite" :eyes Wonder why she couldn't find a teaching job. :b

She might have found one in Quebec. ;)

PostPosted: 09/08/15 6:05 pm • # 536 
Administrator

Sidartha wrote:
roseanne wrote:

She might have found one in Quebec. ;)

Nope. It's dépot.

PostPosted: 09/20/15 11:26 am • # 537 
Editorialist

OMG. I might expect this from a "blogger/reporter", but not from a "reporter/producer" from a large corp. like CTV. There was a reference that there were "with files from<someone else>, but still.......Doesn't anyone edit anything these days or do they and are too ignorant to find errors like this? IMO, it's glaring. From an interview. See for yourself. I hope she wore it well.... :eyes :

Quote:
News of Paswisty’s death quickly made its way through the halls of Jack James High School.

“It didn’t really click at first and then suddenly it just all donned on me and I broke,” said Christa Holden, a friend of Nick’s who visited the memorial on Saturday. “It broke the whole school. Everyone was crying.”

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/friends-and-f ... -1.2571591

PostPosted: 09/21/15 7:44 am • # 538 
Editorialist

I think spell check has killed proofreading. lol

PostPosted: 09/21/15 8:40 am • # 539 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
I think spell check has killed proofreading. lol

Yeah. Spelling is one thing. Grammar is another.

PostPosted: 11/12/15 7:27 pm • # 540 
Editorialist

NO Sam's Club.

NO, I don't want to pay an extra fee for "more savings" when I already have to pay a membership fee to shop there. And YES, I really am sure. Really really really.

PostPosted: 12/20/15 8:21 pm • # 541 
Editorialist

Well, I *was* pretty much on track holiday-stuff-to-do-wise. But I've spent the better part of the past 3 days in bed with a cold, and now I'm waaayyyy behind.

Plan was to do a lot of baking over the weekend, but I didn't want to give out cootie cookies. lol

PostPosted: 12/20/15 8:51 pm • # 542 
Editorialist

So sorry Chaos. Get well soon! :fl

LOL@ cootie cookies. Don't ya know, the baking kills all the cooties. :b

PostPosted: 05/04/16 12:13 pm • # 543 
Editorialist

We haven't had more than a glance of sunshine in over a week. I don't mind rain, but this perpetual gloom is getting to be a bit much. :lol

PostPosted: 05/04/16 12:25 pm • # 544 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
We haven't had more than a glance of sunshine in over a week. I don't mind rain, but this perpetual gloom is getting to be a bit much. :lol

I feel ya, Chaos. We have had periods like that here, especially in the winter. It's depressing. The last several days were glorious. Sunshine, no clouds at all and gentle breezes wafting with evergreen scents. Today, very cloudy. Trade-off is that it's cooler.

PostPosted: 05/12/16 7:51 pm • # 545 
Editorialist

If you're going to have blue hair and purple lipstick at work, at least be good at your job. lol

PostPosted: 05/13/16 9:40 am • # 546 
Chaos333 wrote:
If you're going to have blue hair and purple lipstick at work, at least be good at your job. lol

... and make sure your job has something to do with blueberries.

PostPosted: 05/13/16 11:13 am • # 547 
Editorialist

Sidartha wrote:
Chaos333 wrote:

... and make sure your job has something to do with blueberries.

:lol

PostPosted: 05/16/16 8:43 am • # 548 
Editorialist

Dandelions that "duck" when you cut the grass, only to spring back up later making it look like you didn't cut the grass.

PostPosted: 05/16/16 11:05 am • # 549 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
Dandelions that "duck" when you cut the grass, only to spring back up later making it look like you didn't cut the grass.

https://thenerdyfarmwife.com/whipped-da ... isturizer/

Make 'em regret it. :lol

PostPosted: 05/16/16 3:43 pm • # 550 
Editorialist

LOL! Sure, I'll get right to that in all my spare time. Don't go to that much trouble making dinner...... :b

Edited to add: If I want to spend that much time using dandelions, here is something that came to mind. I'd heard about this as a child. Maybe we could make and sell it here. :lol "Chalet Dandelion Wine" or "Rocky Mountain Dandelion Wine" or "Kicking Horse Dandelion Wine". Oooh, all the ideas I have now. Hmmm. A craft wine that purports to have great health benefits. Craft beers seem to be the big thing now, so why not?

http://commonsensehome.com/dandelion-wine-recipe/

Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next   Page 22 of 23   [ 565 posts ] New Topic Add Reply