It is currently 03/28/24 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23   Page 23 of 23   [ 565 posts ]
PostPosted: 06/07/16 2:50 pm • # 551 
Editorialist

Government offices that don't pay attention. I mailed in my PR renewal application in December. Got an email in April that it had been approved on March 18th (or there about) and it would be mailed or I would get notification where to pick it up. Ok...fine.

I waited and waited, thinking that their 6 month processing time would include delivery because they are so efficient, right? Called today and guess what? It got returned. IN APRIL.

Keep in mind that there is a line for home address and mailing address. I had filled both of those in properly, but we don't get mail at our residence address. Only at the mailing address, which is a PO Box. They managed to fuck that up. Sigh.

They also have my email address and two phone numbers. You'd think they could have contacted me somehow or that SOMEONE would've noticed the address mix-up. But NOOOOO. :eyes

PostPosted: 06/07/16 6:17 pm • # 552 
Editorialist

WHY have a line for a mailing address if they're just going to ignore it? GRRRRRR :angry

PostPosted: 06/07/16 7:15 pm • # 553 
Administrator

roseanne wrote:
LOL! Sure, I'll get right to that in all my spare time. Don't go to that much trouble making dinner...... :b

Edited to add: If I want to spend that much time using dandelions, here is something that came to mind. I'd heard about this as a child. Maybe we could make and sell it here. :lol "Chalet Dandelion Wine" or "Rocky Mountain Dandelion Wine" or "Kicking Horse Dandelion Wine". Oooh, all the ideas I have now. Hmmm. A craft wine that purports to have great health benefits. Craft beers seem to be the big thing now, so why not?

http://commonsensehome.com/dandelion-wine-recipe/

Tried some "dandelion wine" a couple of months ago.
Yuk.

PostPosted: 06/07/16 7:47 pm • # 554 
Editorialist

lol oskar, they probably made the mistake of using the green part of the flower which makes it bitter. If you read the link I posted, the ingredients sound really good.

PostPosted: 06/08/16 8:21 am • # 555 
Editorialist

When the major highway through Annapolis and only way to cross Chesapeake Bay is shut down, traffic from the resulting 7 mile back up thinks that they can "cut through" downtown Annapolis, paralyzing our little town. It may be the capital of Maryland but it was built in the 1600's and the roads reflect the heritage. Took 30 minutes to go one mile, when I needed to be 25 miles away by then.

PostPosted: 06/10/16 8:02 pm • # 556 
Editorialist

I hate the "Are you sure you want to <logout, exit, etc>? pop ups when you are trying to do exactly that. If I didn't I would NOT have clicked on the logout or exit button moron. Some of my games ask it twice. Once when I click on "menu" (are you sure you want to exit to menu?) and then when I click on exit. Some of them give the option of "do not ask me again" for which I'm thankful.

PostPosted: 10/14/16 10:16 pm • # 557 
Editorialist

Sitting in the waiting room at the vet this afternoon. Old lady with kitty in a carrier sitting by the door. Two other people with 2 kitties, and a guy waiting to pick up his dog (we'd chatted at drop-off this morning.)

Next thing I know, a family comes rushing in with their poor dog wrapped in a bloody towel. :eek Chasing a squirrel, and got hit by a car. Young girl about 10 with them, clearly shaken. 2 vet techs come running, grab the dog and head to the back. Guy starts filling out paperwork...

And that old lady? Goes up to the desk and starts BITCHING because she's been waiting 15 whole minutes past her appointment time. She sits back down and starts ranting so everybody in the room has to listen to her, including A CHILD WHO JUST WATCHED HER DOG GET HIT BY A CAR! Tech comes out an explains that an emergency came up, they'll get to her as soon as a room opens up. Old lady says "You don't need a room! We're just here for a damn shot and it's taking forever!"

I really really wanted to slap her in the face. :angry

PostPosted: 10/15/16 6:35 am • # 558 
Editorialist

I hear ya Chaos! If the "bloody animal" had been HER cat, she'd have been thankful. Some people have no empathy.

PostPosted: 10/15/16 7:31 am • # 559 
Editorialist

Unfortunately, those kinds of self-absorbed people are everywhere, and I have encountered them all too many times.

PostPosted: 12/16/16 3:40 pm • # 560 
Editorialist

So, for the past few years I've been "elfing" (wrapping cases of beer and wines) for a local liquor store. Owner is a friend of hubby's family. I do get paid-not much. But I like wrapping and a little extra pocket money never hurts.

Owner left a message Tuesday. I called back Wed. AM. Nothing was ready yet so I told her I'd double down on my chores to clear time Thursday and Friday, and to call me Thursday when the guy who puts the cases together had them ready. So Thursday I'm up and dressed and ready to go by about 10AM.

NO call at all. I hung around all day in limbo and finally called over there about 5. They got busy and "forgot". But oh sure, the guy will be in and getting them ready Friday morning. I said OK, please call me by noon so I'll know what's going on. She said "Fair enough".

I waited until 1:30 today...no call. Said F-it, and went out to run some errands. She left a message at 3:30, *some* of the stuff is ready but not all of it- "he's working on it" and they'll "see me soon". Seems she thinks I'm going to happily give up my weekend after being blown off for the past 2 days.

I am NOT a happy elf right now. :ey

PostPosted: 06/13/17 7:39 am • # 561 
Editorialist

:\'(

Goodbye, HUGE beautiful old senior oak tree next door.
Goodbye perch where the red-tailed hawks sat to enjoy the last rays of the sunset.
Goodbye squirrel playground.

You were still healthy and vibrant and had many years ahead of you. Sorry someone decided you had to die. I'll remember you when I stare up at the gaping hole where you were.

PostPosted: 06/13/17 8:10 am • # 562 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
:\'(

Goodbye, HUGE beautiful old senior oak tree next door.
Goodbye perch where the red-tailed hawks sat to enjoy the last rays of the sunset.
Goodbye squirrel playground.

You were still healthy and vibrant and had many years ahead of you. Sorry someone decided you had to die. I'll remember you when I stare up at the gaping hole where you were.

I can relate Chaos - I had the same thing happen where i live. There was a huge oak tree on the front of the complex property (planted in 1935 I was told) and when I looked out my bedroom window I could see it, and see the birds dotting in and out- squirrels running up and down, and the occasional cat hiding in the branches. The complex had been sold a few times since I have been here, landscaping had been changed but the old oak tree stood tall. New owners bought the property a few months back and took it down.

I came home from work one day and it was gone. It really upset me; it was beautiful and added so much to the property, I went to the office to ask why - they said it obstructed the view of the pool. Not really - you could still see the pool, but not the whole panorama. Seems a lot of people were upset and called the city - which eventually fined them for cutting it down and a few other much smaller trees on the property. The property may be theirs but it seems the trees are not. While I am glad they were fined and it stopped them from getting rid of even more trees, it was so unnecessary to cut them down in the first place. Fines can not bring the tree/s back, and the place looks so empty and sterile now :(

PostPosted: 06/13/17 8:40 am • # 563 
Editorialist

So sad about the trees. Especially oaks and other long-lived, majestic trees. :(

Your stories made me think of this that I first saw hanging in my Aunt and Uncle's house:

Don't worry if your job is small,

And your rewards are few.

Remember that the mighty oak,

Was once a nut like you.

PostPosted: 06/13/17 8:52 am • # 564 
Editorialist

People who come into the store at 8:50pm (close at 9pm) to buy two weeks worth of groceries, then show up at the till at 9pm or after. :angry Luckily, I haven't had to "close" yet, but I'm scheduled for that next week. Sigh.

The same complaint comes from restaurant workers about late diners.

We all have lives and need to get home too. Plan your day, people! lol

PostPosted: 08/25/17 9:31 am • # 565 
Editorialist

I swear(literally), why are people so afraid of facts and admitting they may be wrong. There is no shame in being wrong - there is shame in not admitting it. I got one of those forwarded emails on messenger talking about coughing to stop a heart attack. It seemed odd to me so i checked it out; while it can work it is a dangerous or fatal technique when not applied by a trained technician or person. It is not recommended by the AHA nor any legitimate heart association. I passed this along to the family member who sent it and got - "Well, my doctor told me to cough when I have these flutters, and I usually have to cough when I get them." She thanked me for my thoughts - even after i sent her a link to an article and explained those are two different scenarios in having an actual heart attack and a flutter. I also said they are not my thoughts but the facts. She thanked me again for my thoughts - did I mention she a trump supporter, so I guess in the long run it makes sense lol.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23   Page 23 of 23   [ 565 posts ] New Topic Add Reply