It is currently 03/28/24 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next   Page 21 of 23   [ 565 posts ]
PostPosted: 02/02/14 10:24 am • # 501 
Editorialist

We have started recording the shows on the PVR that we want to watch later and then we can fast forward. :D

I have to watch ads when I watch a show online too. Every now and then they forget to put in the ads. I celebrate those days.

PostPosted: 02/06/14 2:27 pm • # 502 
Editorialist

The grown ups are mucking up the kids' sport, making zero tolerance rules, and then becoming upset when the rule doesn't accomplish what they want. Just let them participate, and accept that another team is better than yours. Train harder, recruit better. But finding ways to disqualify or kick out the top performers is shameful. They're just kids.

PostPosted: 03/05/14 9:07 pm • # 503 
Editorialist

Dear Algebra teacher,

If you are going to send home a progress report, please do NOT list a grade of "0" for assignments that aren't even due yet. You know perfectly well the "0" winds up getting calculated into the overall grade, which renders the progress report pointless! JUST LEAVE IT BLANK.

That is all.

Sincerely,
Frustrated Parents.

PostPosted: 03/19/14 11:11 am • # 504 
Editorialist

Someone called my cell phone at 7:40am, 7:48am, 10:12am....of course there's no name, just the number. Precious few even *have* that number, so I doubt it's anyone I know. But it seems this will continue until I answer and tell whoever it is to go away. <sigh>

PostPosted: 03/20/14 9:08 am • # 505 
Administrator

Type the number into a google search.
There are plenty of sites listing phone scammers, collection agencies and so on.
I use an android app called call control where I blacklist such numbers.
I'm being hunted by GMC vacations at the moment. It's a scammer trying to sell time shares.
Since I blacklisted that number I have peace again.

PostPosted: 12/05/14 8:02 am • # 506 
Editorialist

Best school picture EVER. Kiddo loves it. I love it. Dad loves it.

But part of our order is missing-the extra 5x7's for the grandparents. (They cashed the full amount of our check, of course.)

Calls go directly to a VM box that's full and tells me to hang up. Not even a "Thank you for calling ____ photography" message...just ring, ring, ring...mailbox is full.

So I e-mailed. No response. Even tried the fax# just for giggles, and get no fax squeals...it just rings with no answer.

Just left a message with the teacher who coordinates this at school. Waiting for a call back. :hmm

PostPosted: 12/05/14 10:22 am • # 507 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
Best school picture EVER. Kiddo loves it. I love it. Dad loves it.

But part of our order is missing-the extra 5x7's for the grandparents. (They cashed the full amount of our check, of course.)

Calls go directly to a VM box that's full and tells me to hang up. Not even a "Thank you for calling ____ photography" message...just ring, ring, ring...mailbox is full.

So I e-mailed. No response. Even tried the fax# just for giggles, and get no fax squeals...it just rings with no answer.

Just left a message with the teacher who coordinates this at school. Waiting for a call back. :hmm

Seems like I've heard that story before. Either here or maybe from family. It's common I think. Some fly-by-night photography company who does a half-assed job. They sell their services to the schools quite nicely, with no intention of doing the job properly or being reachable if they don't.

Shouldn't cost that much to get your own copy at Walmart or somewhere..

Then, report them to the BBB!

PostPosted: 12/05/14 2:10 pm • # 508 
Editorialist

Business email with grammatical or spelling errors, which you can't correct as it would seem "rude"!

PostPosted: 12/05/14 5:19 pm • # 509 
Editorialist

Wellllll...I just kept dialing...and dialing...and dialing...and letting it ring....and ring....and ring...both the main number and their fax humber-lol-and I think I finally annoyed them into answering the phone after about an hour.

And I think she knew that, because I got an interesting story about how someone used the fax and didn't do somethingorother and the phone "hadn't been ringing all morning" so she got suspicious because it was "too quiet" and found the problem. :lol

The couldn't say *when* we'll get our 2 missing prints, but supposedly we will. I also called the school and left a message for the lady in charge of the picture thing there.

They can't escape me. I will have my pictures!!!! Muwahahahaha

PostPosted: 12/05/14 6:13 pm • # 510 
Administrator

roseanne wrote:
Business email with grammatical or spelling errors, which you can't correct as it would seem "rude"!

True personal story: When working, I was an excellent, fast, and accurate typist ~ I rarely had a typo ... unless I was sending something firm-wide [reaching maybe 1500 people in several offices] ~ my boss had me send a firm-wide email to everyone touting an LA partner being selected to take part in a public debate and giving the date/time of the televised debate ~ after sending the email, I went to lunch ~ when I returned there were over 200 emails ~ apparently I had invited people to watch a firm partner in a PUBIC [not "public"] debate ~ and people in each of our offices did not hesitate to tell me they LOVED my email! ~ :o

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/07/14 9:13 pm • # 511 
Editorialist

sooz06 wrote:
roseanne wrote:

True personal story: When working, I was an excellent, fast, and accurate typist ~ I rarely had a typo ... unless I was sending something firm-wide [reaching maybe 1500 people in several offices] ~ my boss had me send a firm-wide email to everyone touting an LA partner being selected to take part in a public debate and giving the date/time of the televised debate ~ after sending the email, I went to lunch ~ when I returned there were over 200 emails ~ apparently I had invited people to watch a firm partner in a PUBIC [not "public"] debate ~ and people in each of our offices did not hesitate to tell me they LOVED my email! ~ :o

Sooz

:lol :lol :lol :lol

PostPosted: 12/09/14 1:21 pm • # 512 
Editorialist

I really would have been nifty if, when I made my doc appointment, the gal on the phone had mentioned that the office I've been going to for a decade was closed and absorbed into their other location.

Finding that note taped to the door sorta pissed me off. lol

PostPosted: 12/09/14 3:11 pm • # 513 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
I really would have been nifty if, when I made my doc appointment, the gal on the phone had mentioned that the office I've been going to for a decade was closed and absorbed into their other location.

Finding that note taped to the door sorta pissed me off. lol

Yeah, it would've been nice to know where to go.

PostPosted: 12/14/14 10:26 am • # 514 
Editorialist

Walmart (please no lectures about shopping there :b ) 3 "express lanes" open. NO regular lanes. :angry One cashier was trying to refuse to check out a woman with a large order until she told her there were no regular lanes. The manager (cust. service, I think) and another woman were standing at the kiosk at the front of the cashier area. Chatting, but not paying one bit of attention to the check out lanes. The poor people who had just a few items were growing impatient waiting behind those of us who had large orders.

The one "manager" type person looked around and then went strolling through the closed check out lanes to gather misplaced items or something........with her nose in the air. SHE doesn't even have to wear the gawd-awful blue vest either. I sent an email to them, for all the good it will do. When I worked at Kmart (eons ago) even the damn store manager would jump in at the cash registers, cust. service desk, help stock etc. if we needed the help.

PostPosted: 12/14/14 1:05 pm • # 515 
Administrator

Whenever something like this happens I simply leave the stuff where it is and walk out.

PostPosted: 12/14/14 3:43 pm • # 516 
Editorialist

On a weekend....in December...no regular checkout lanes open??
Idiots.

PostPosted: 12/14/14 4:53 pm • # 517 
Editorialist

lol oskar. I saw a few people do that. Dropped their basket or armful of stuff right there and walk out.

I know Chaos! The second to last weekend before Xmas too.

PostPosted: 12/15/14 10:04 am • # 518 
Administrator

Do it with a cartload of ice cream. That should get somebody's attention.

PostPosted: 12/16/14 8:49 am • # 519 
Editorialist

Stupid ads that say their product will "keep you young", when it's a damn cream/lotion product! I looked at a slide show this morning. The title was "25 Ways to Stay Young". It had the usual "exercise, quit smoking, eat this or that.....but half of them were about beauty treatments. I can't believe people buy into that crap. To feel "young", it's all about attitude and life style. No matter how you look on the outside. :eyes

PostPosted: 03/02/15 7:09 am • # 520 
Editorialist

Being so sleepy, you can't keep your eyes open. Go to bed. Boing! Eyes wide open, sleepiness gone. I wonder how/why this happens?

PostPosted: 03/02/15 8:47 am • # 521 
Administrator

roseanne wrote:
Being so sleepy, you can't keep your eyes open. Go to bed. Boing! Eyes wide open, sleepiness gone. I wonder how/why this happens?

If you find out, let me know. I suffer from insomnia.

PostPosted: 03/03/15 6:57 pm • # 522 
Editorialist

Being cold in my house. That thermostat LIES!! It's nowhere near 65 F in here.

PostPosted: 03/04/15 9:05 am • # 523 
Editorialist

Haven't seen the sun for ten days, none expected until Friday

PostPosted: 03/06/15 3:04 pm • # 524 
Editorialist

Today is 3/6. The last Algebra grade entered online was on 2/13. THREE WEEKS AGO.

This is the third time I've had to e-mail this teacher and pester her to update the system that parents have to pledge to check every day.

grrrrrrrrrr :mad

PostPosted: 03/10/15 1:54 pm • # 525 
Editorialist

I second that Chaos. Ours is rarely up to date and I end up picking on a kid who's getting all her work done. She's getting a little defensive.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next   Page 21 of 23   [ 565 posts ] New Topic Add Reply