It is currently 05/09/24 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next   Page 16 of 23   [ 565 posts ]
 Post subject: Pet peeve(s) of the day
PostPosted: 03/08/12 12:59 pm • # 376 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
I wonder how an interior window suddenly has a giant crack.

It's all that loud music you play. Image

And I wonder how the battery in my van knew hubby wasn't home when it decided to die.

Cars just KNOW these things. Think  Steven King's  "Christine". Image

PostPosted: 03/30/12 6:16 am • # 377 
Editorialist

Maybe this is bigger than a pet peeve, but I just don't understand how anyone can defend shooting an unarmed person as unquestionably acceptable if you feel threatened. I guess every time someone creepy tries to talk to me I can shoot them.

Also can't understand how anyone can say a kid who gets suspended for traces of marijuana in their pack was probably doing something wrong. And it's okay to kill him.

PostPosted: 03/30/12 3:11 pm • # 378 
Editorialist

I can't understand the reasoning behind that either.  They seem to make some pretty stupid assumptions about human behavior.

PostPosted: 04/03/12 10:40 am • # 379 
Editorialist

SCREAMMMMMMMMMMM!

There, I feel all better. Image 

PostPosted: 04/03/12 5:27 pm • # 380 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
SCREAMMMMMMMMMMM!

There, I feel all better. Image 
ImageI'm borrowing yours. 

PostPosted: 05/17/12 10:48 am • # 381 
Editorialist

I need a vacation!!!! Four more months.......sigh. I guess I'll have to make do with this long weekend. Image

We are seriously considering asking for another week's vacation with a minimum raise for next year. That way we can break up the year a little. Sheesh. Summer is our busiest time with contractors all over the place doing outside work, common area carpet cleaning, interior common area painting, parkade cleaning with line painting, residents complaining about being disturbed by the work, having to move their cars or mad that "their" balcony or fence isn't on the list for this year, arguing with specilized contractors over quotes........................Image

It's the time of year we really earn our salary and then some, lol!

PostPosted: 05/17/12 12:00 pm • # 382 
Editorialist

Well, if it makes you feel any better roseanne....we haven't been on a vacation - all three of us, away from home overnight- since the summer of 2003.  (Unless you count when my granny died, and hubby had to drive through the night to pick us up and we came home the next morning.) LOL!Image

PostPosted: 05/17/12 12:37 pm • # 383 
Editorialist

That sounds like when I had kids at home Chaos. Who could afford it? Image We made a couple of overnight trips to Six Flags, but that's it.

I don't care if we go away.......as long as we are away from work. Since we make our trip down south now, it's more tiring than anything. Fun, but tiring. I need rest! I ain't as young as I used to be, ya know. Image

PostPosted: 05/17/12 2:57 pm • # 384 
Editorialist

That's why I enjoy hearing about what everyone else does, where they go....I get to take vicarious vacations!Image LOL!

PostPosted: 05/18/12 7:49 am • # 385 
Editorialist

Maybe I'm just an ingrate, but I don't think vacations are all they are cracked up to be. I find it very stressful, I usually still have to cook and clean and keep a schedule and watch or transport kids all over the place and then I get home with a ton of dirty laundry, a kid too tired to get up for school, and an 8:30 AM appointment at work. Then for the next two weeks I work double to make up for all the stuff I dodn't do when I was on "vacation." And the dog acts weird.

PostPosted: 06/06/12 4:58 am • # 386 
Editorialist

Work.  Torrential rains last night. Flooded units.

SCREAMMMMM!

PostPosted: 06/06/12 9:00 am • # 387 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
Work.  Torrential rains last night. Flooded units.

SCREAMMMMM!

Group hug for roseanne!

queen...I know what you mean, btw. Not too long ago, hubby and kiddo were away for a few days and it was actually sort of better than a vacation. Image

PostPosted: 06/06/12 10:02 am • # 388 
Editorialist

Awww, thanks hon. Image  Everything set to deal with the problems. Roofers here, contractor tomorrow to install drain around unit patio. (ground floor), so it's finally, finally calm again.

PostPosted: 06/27/12 11:15 am • # 389 
Editorialist

Still dealing with that flooded unit. Grrrrrr. Must wait for a few dry days to complete outside work to seal everything before doing inside work. We have had almost constant rain since it flooded her unit.

LOL, she says she understands, then whines about it taking so long. Too funny. I forwarded the latest whiny email to the boss and said:

If I could control the goddamned weather, I sure as hell wouldn't be working here, would I?

He died laughing. Image

To be honest, I think she just wants to make sure she's a priority, so I keep being very nice and keeping her updated. She actually complimented us on the way we have handled it. What she doesn't realize is that WE want it done as much as SHE does, just so we don't have to listen to her.Image HA!

PostPosted: 07/05/12 3:48 am • # 390 
Editorialist

I am a big believer in email comments, compliments or complaints to companies whose products I use.

Why the hell do they have a "feedback comment" page with a submit button if it won't work?Image  What a joke!

PostPosted: 07/05/12 8:18 am • # 391 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
I am a big believer in email comments, compliments or complaints to companies whose products I use.

Why the hell do they have a "feedback comment" page with a submit button if it won't work?Image  What a joke!

It's so funny you'd bring this up today...I ran into exactly that about a week ago. I guess they don't really want to know.Image

PostPosted: 07/05/12 10:41 am • # 392 
Chaos333 wrote:
roseanne wrote:

It's so funny you'd bring this up today...I ran into exactly that about a week ago. I guess they don't really want to know.Image
They want you to know that they don't want to know.

PostPosted: 07/07/12 5:17 pm • # 393 
Editorialist

Two things:

I'm bummed that we can't find blueberry Pop Tarts that aren't frosted.Image I crave them every now and then. Toasted, spread with a little butter. Yummm.

Stupid alarm monitoring company that phones us at 11pm about the alarm panel at our OLD work place. It's been over 2 1/2 years.........Image

PostPosted: 07/08/12 6:53 am • # 394 
Editorialist

What about Blueberry Toaster Streudel, roseanne? (I like those better than pop-tarts anyway.)

PostPosted: 07/11/12 11:57 am • # 395 
Editorialist

I've been trying to buy ONE SPOOL OF BLACK COTTON THREAD for three weeks now. Is there some shortage I'm not aware of?

PostPosted: 07/11/12 2:08 pm • # 396 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
I've been trying to buy ONE SPOOL OF BLACK COTTON THREAD for three weeks now. Is there some shortage I'm not aware of?
Yeah. It's a conspiracy to make sure everyone knows the R's displeasure over having a black man in the WH and how they want to rid the world of everything black.  They've bought it all and shipped it to Kenya. Image

Depending on how much you need, you may find one in those little travel sewing kits. I've found that they usually contain all cotton threads. I bought my last little kit at a dollar store, lol.
Or try a quilting shop, if there is one near you. They always carry cotton thread.

PostPosted: 07/11/12 4:10 pm • # 397 
Editorialist

LOL...I have four of those little kits with assorted threads....and all the black is gone from every one. I was trying not to make a special trip over one darn spool of thread, but it looks like I'll have to. There's a craft store not too far away...but I'm going to call and make *sure* they have it before I waste the gas to get there. Image
Of course, once I get a new spool....I'll find the old one. It's always lived in the corner of a particular drawer, and it crawled off somewhere.

PostPosted: 07/11/12 11:47 pm • # 398 
Editorialist

LOL! I have an old shoe box marked "Ye olde sew and sew" where I keep all my assorted sewing materials and extra buttons. I keep it more organized than I do my "important" papers......that being all in one place. Image Most of my important papers (the ones that aren't stuck in assorted drawers) are in a box marked "Redneck File Cabinet" Image 

PostPosted: 07/18/12 4:11 am • # 399 
Editorialist

My pet peeve of the day is businesses going under and leaving you with useless warranties. I have a nice warranty on my Saab but have found it impossible to find people to fix it and replacement parts. My roof hasn't worked in a year because no one wans to take the time to find one damn hydraulic cylinder and the repair facility I have been using no longer works on Saabs because of the difficulty with the company. The dealer is 50 miles away through the worst of DC traffic, not where you want to drive a car with a performance problem.

I bought a set of pans from a retailer with a lifetime warranty but I fear this retailer is going under soon.

(and I just got some hugely bad budget news at work)

PostPosted: 07/19/12 7:57 am • # 400 
For the Saab part, I'd be doing a few things... looking on the internet for the part AND either finding a mechanic willing to do the work - OR - finding the repair manual and cataloging what tools I'm going to need. [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next   Page 16 of 23   [ 565 posts ] New Topic Add Reply