It is currently 04/27/24 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next   Page 19 of 23   [ 565 posts ]
PostPosted: 10/04/12 9:42 am • # 451 
Editorialist

A board of directors that have stupid ideas and won't listen to our input! lol

I talked a while back about the gym equipment they bought about a year ago. Standard home-use stuff. Cheap, so they could buy several pieces.

Now we have a new treadmill that can only be walked on, no jogging or running. After a few large men pounded many miles on it, it wore out. If someone tries to do more than walk, it stalls and could cause injury. Can't be repaired.

The universal gym unit. Great for home use. Crappy for this place. The lower cable that is threaded through a metal guide has "sawed" about halfway through the guide! That piece is welded onto a huge part of the unit, so it can't be replaced easily (or cheaply).

Always nice to be able to say "I TOLD you so!". :lol :angel

PostPosted: 10/04/12 11:37 am • # 452 
Editorialist

Don't they know they should listen to you, roseanne? Good grief.

I forgot to post mine from yesterday. At the book fair, kindergarten kids come in. Little guy with his envelope of book money. I open the envelope and there's a note from his mom, and a note from his doctor because it's his first day back to school after a round of strep throat.

After he left, I RAN down the hall and washed my hands. lol

PostPosted: 10/05/12 9:55 am • # 453 
Editorialist

I would've gargled with Listerine too, just to be safe.

PostPosted: 10/12/12 10:39 am • # 454 
Editorialist

People who think they know what they are talking about trying to tell us how to do our job. It's actually funny, because it makes them look foolish, if not downright stupid. :lol

I especially love the emails because I can respond politely, but with the correct information which puts them in their place. On the phone, I think my attitude is heard in my voice/tone. IOW, "Listen you stupid fucker, you DO NOT know what you are talking about and are completely wrong!" I don't say those words, but it's what I'm thinking when I speak to them.

LOL, hubby says that it doesn't show in my voice even. Maybe it's my accent and upbringing.......southerners are masters at insulting someone politely! So I guess it's a, "they are stupid, but they were born that way and can't help it, bless their hearts!" sort of pitying tone. :angel

PostPosted: 10/18/12 3:01 pm • # 455 
Editorialist

My prayer for the day:

Oh omnipotent FSM, please save us from the all-knowing board of directors and their outrageous demands. Forgive them, for they know not what they ask. Also, give us the patience to withstand the relentless onslaught of stupidity, allow us to rise above petty responses and keep our job.

In your noodly name we pray, Bon appetit!

:bow

PostPosted: 01/05/13 11:40 am • # 456 
Editorialist

Yay! I get the first peeve of 2013! lol

During our time without a furnace, I ran out one day and bought a little heater for the bathroom. Came home, plugged it in, and it worked for about 15 seconds then died. Ran back and exchanged it for another, which worked fine until a few days ago. Then also dead. I knew I was within the 30-day window for returns, so I tracked down my receipt (no small feat) and started hunting for the box it came in. I'd set it aside just in case this happened.

Looking...looking....finally found it in the recycle bin outside-alllll the way at the bottom, of course. Pulled it out and set it down inside. Meant to take the thing back yesterday, didn't get around to it. So after my coffee this morning, I got dressed and human, tucked the receipt in my wallet, went to grab the box.

Gone. Recycle bin empty-pickup was yesterday. Hubby must have tossed that box in when he took the bin to the curb. There goes $25. :mad

PostPosted: 01/05/13 4:56 pm • # 457 
Administrator

Exchange it for another one, leave the box at store. Store can use the new box for their junk to return to China.

PostPosted: 01/07/13 11:50 am • # 458 
Editorialist

jabra2 wrote:
Exchange it for another one, leave the box at store. Store can use the new box for their junk to return to China.

Don't even want another one. lol

PostPosted: 01/07/13 12:49 pm • # 459 
Editorialist

Why do you have top have the box? As long as you have the contents I don't think the store cares do they. Half the time you destroy packaging just getting whatever it is open.

PostPosted: 01/07/13 3:59 pm • # 460 
Editorialist

Ok, this may seem a bit silly ... and possibly old fashioned .... but ....

I tend to watch a lot of cooking shows (I'm the cook in our house) and I've noticed an increasing tendency to mangle the English language.

Dammit people ... the plural of "fish" is "fish" not "fishes" ...
The plural of "shrimp" is "shrimp" not "shrimps" ....

That's my grumpy old man bit for today.

PostPosted: 01/07/13 6:55 pm • # 461 
Administrator

Cattleman wrote:
Ok, this may seem a bit silly ... and possibly old fashioned .... but ....

I tend to watch a lot of cooking shows (I'm the cook in our house) and I've noticed an increasing tendency to mangle the English language.

Dammit people ... the plural of "fish" is "fish" not "fishes" ...
The plural of "shrimp" is "shrimp" not "shrimps" ....

That's my grumpy old man bit for today.

I have a similar gripe but it applies to those who earn a living with the English language (journalists, authors, editors, publishers, etc.).

PostPosted: 01/15/13 3:20 pm • # 462 
Editorialist

My peeve of the day: Kids who are perfectly capable of getting ON the bus at the bus stop along with all the other kids in the morning, getting door to door service with a special stop made for them in the afternoon.

One actually has the bus pulling *into their driveway and honking the horn* to wait for someone to come out the door to get the kid.

Special ed, you say? A bit of speech therapy doesn't mean a kid in middle school can't walk home the same way they walk to the bus in the morning. The issue is grandparents who are well-connected and too lazy to walk down to the bus stop in the afternoon.

grrrrrrr

PostPosted: 03/22/13 6:44 am • # 463 
Editorialist

Another day without heat or hot water. I'm beyond irritated.

PostPosted: 03/22/13 8:41 am • # 464 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:

Yup I can feel that.

PostPosted: 03/23/13 6:00 pm • # 465 
Editorialist

Irritating to try to order for delivery online and get a message that "not in our delivery area" only to call the place and find out they do deliver to our address. For goodness sakes, it's literally a hop, skip and jump from here. :eyes
I've emailed the company and told them they should update their online delivery info.

PostPosted: 03/24/13 2:00 pm • # 466 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
Irritating to try to order for delivery online and get a message that "not in our delivery area" only to call the place and find out they do deliver to our address. For goodness sakes, it's literally a hop, skip and jump from here. :eyes
I've emailed the company and told them they should update their online delivery info.

Imagine how much business they lost thanks to that glitch. :g

PostPosted: 03/25/13 8:29 am • # 467 
Administrator

Chaos333 wrote:

How so?

PostPosted: 03/25/13 10:39 am • # 468 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
Chaos333 wrote:

How so?

For whatever reason oskar...ever since we put the new furnace/hot water heater in we keep getting clogs in the oil lines. Even though hubby drained the tank and cleaned it out, lifted the pickup end of the line a bit to bring it off the bottom, and all the other stuff he's tried.....without warning it's clogged and he has to disconnect/blow the line out with an air compressor and hook it back up again. (At least two dozen times already.)

The amount of oil in the tank doesn't seem to matter. Tank is less than 10 years old, and in good shape-no rust, etc. Lines seem 100% intact-we can't see any cracks or places where dirt could get in. Once it's summer and hot enough for cold showers to be comfortable, we're (he's-lol) going to clean the tank out again.

PostPosted: 03/25/13 1:27 pm • # 469 
Administrator

Seems to me that I've seen something like a T in such oil lines. Oil goes straight through, solids drop in downwards line. End of downwards line has plug to drain accumulated solids. Don't ask me how to call that.

PostPosted: 03/25/13 3:35 pm • # 470 
Administrator

Get a fuel oil filter. http://heating-and-cooling.hardwarestore.com/97-581-oil-filter-cartridges/fuel-oil-filter-605261.aspx?utm_source=pla&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_campaign=rkg

PostPosted: 03/26/13 11:25 am • # 471 
Editorialist

jabra2 wrote:

It's got one Jab! (And we've changed it, twice.) Something is stopping the fuel before it gets there. So far, we can't *see* anything in what blows out of the line. It's strange.
We seem to need some sort of filter-or a better one, if there is one- on the other end of the line, inside the tank. lol :g

Edit to add....something like this?
http://www.yantequipment.com/pdf/ECONO-GAUGE.pdf

PostPosted: 03/26/13 11:59 am • # 472 
Administrator

Maybe some additives? Anti-gel or stuff like that?

PostPosted: 03/28/13 2:54 pm • # 473 
Editorialist

Contractors. Ugh! They don't communicate with us. We need to know when they are on site, we need to know what they are doing (plumbers especially) and we need to know if they have to order parts or something.

I hate calling the company back to complain, only to be told "well, we have to order a part". FFS, if the person on site had just let us know that, I wouldn't be calling you, would I? :angry

Getting calls from residents is frustrating if we are in the dark about something.

PostPosted: 03/28/13 7:00 pm • # 474 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
Contractors. Ugh! They don't communicate with us. We need to know when they are on site, we need to know what they are doing (plumbers especially) and we need to know if they have to order parts or something.

I hate calling the company back to complain, only to be told "well, we have to order a part". FFS, if the person on site had just let us know that, I wouldn't be calling you, would I? :angry

Getting calls from residents is frustrating if we are in the dark about something.

Can't you just require them to check in when they arrive and again before they leave?

PostPosted: 03/28/13 7:29 pm • # 475 
Administrator

That reminds me of some fun times.
Large townhouse complex, no individual water shut-off per house, only main valve near office.
Several plumbers had about 1 1/2 hours time while the main valve was turned off.
As soon as water was off I sweated copper lines, replaced shower valve while my helper unscrewed old shut-offs for sinks in kitchen and one bathroom. I finished up upstairs when he screamed all of a sudden that the water is coming back on after about 45 minutes.
Turns out that one plumber was done and waved on his way out of the complex to the maintenance guy who was working near the main valve (actually chatted on his cell phone).
The "helpful" idiot turned on the valve while still other plumbers and we still had open lines everywhere.
The damage had to be paid by management's insurance and cost a nice sum in the house where I worked alone. Carpet wet, wood floor damaged etc.
Don't even talk about my shot nerves. :tearhair

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next   Page 19 of 23   [ 565 posts ] New Topic Add Reply