It is currently 05/04/24 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next   Page 4 of 23   [ 565 posts ]
 Post subject: Pet peeve(s) of the day
PostPosted: 08/13/10 1:56 pm • # 76 
Well... he is history, isn't he?

PostPosted: 08/14/10 7:51 am • # 77 
Editorialist

Those "Nightlife" commercials. The very young girls, trying to talk in sexy voices and always.......always the shoulder shrug thing. What's up with that? My least favorite is the one where the girl says and I quote: "I don't like dating guys at work. Smoky bars, forget about it. And the internet....it's too hard". TOO HARD?? ROFLMAO!

I despise all the infomercials and gadget selling ones. I saw an interesting program about the in-fighting these guys do. Billy Mays sued the Sham Wow guy about something. It's a highly competitive job market for them being so "specialized". And, yes Billy Mays is history.

PostPosted: 09/14/10 5:04 am • # 78 
hmm..ok, one of my biggest peeves is- just when I hit "post" (espessially on longer or more thought out replies)  and the whole thing  just disappears to cyber space yonder???Image I've since been "trying to remember" to hit copy for  longer posts..   

PostPosted: 09/16/10 6:46 am • # 79 
Editorialist

Car repairs.  My car has been in the shop for one week awaiting a door lock switch.  One came in, but did not work so another part has been ordered...I am missing this beautiful weather for the ragtop!

PostPosted: 10/04/10 1:07 am • # 80 
Editorialist

I need someone to explain to me how the hell it's legal to drive around with those obnoxious SUPER BRIGHT headlights. Are you driving a car, or landing an airplane?Image

If it's ILLEGAL for me to have my high beams on when there's a car coming in the opposite direction, why can these idiots blind people any time they want? Heck- even if they're behind you, the lights are so bright it blinds you by bouncing off the mirrors. Of course, for some idiots, that's not enough, we have to have SUPER BRIGHT fog lights to go with the SUPER BRIGHT headlights when there's no fog in sight. Four times the power to blind other drivers. And how about the cool blue headlights, that have to be ten times brighter than regular lights in order to compensate for the blue color?

Look, I get that in some very rural areas with no street lights, back country roads, etc.-brighter lights are a good idea for avoiding deer and such...that's why cars come with high beams that you can *turn on and off as you need them*.  

I honestly wonder how many "single car accidents" where folks run off the side of the road and into a tree are caused by being blinded by idiots with super brights. 

PostPosted: 10/04/10 10:26 am • # 81 
Editorialist

Dry poultry, dry stuffing, whole cranberries, under cooked yams, pumpkin pie without whipped cream..... (yeah, I'm already looking forward to Thanksgiving grub!)

PostPosted: 10/04/10 1:46 pm • # 82 
Editorialist

Spot welded toilet paper???? What are you using? Sheet metal?

Close.

PostPosted: 10/04/10 3:47 pm • # 83 
Editorialist

Del Husker wrote:
Dry poultry, dry stuffing, whole cranberries, under cooked yams, pumpkin pie without whipped cream..... (yeah, I'm already looking forward to Thanksgiving grub!)

Geez, Del...that makes me want to weep.

PostPosted: 10/05/10 3:25 am • # 84 
Administrator

I posted over the weekend that I took the plunge and switched my cell service to CREDO Mobile on Friday ~ I was told that delivery of my new phone would take 5 - 7 business days, would come via UPS, and that I would get an email from UPS with specifics ~ I did get an email from UPS late yesterday, informing me that delivery would be today ~ this morning, I got an automated phone call at 730a from UPS, informing me that [1] delivery would be today, [2] a signature was required, [3] residential delivery could be anytime between 900a - 700p, and [4] if no one was available to sign, UPS would leave instructions where I could pick up the package ~ Image ~

It so happens that the 900a-700p window is not a real problem for me because I have a receiving room, so even if I'm not home someone is available to sign for the package ~ but even service appointments can and do narrow the window to 4 hours ~ and while 730a is early for phone calls, if I were still working I would already be out of the house ~ seems to me the convenience of delivery can be very INconvenient ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/17/10 8:56 am • # 85 
Editorialist

Finding a product that I/we love and it gets discontinued. Either the company stops making it or it just isn't offered here any longer. My first experience was St. Ives Body Wash (the original). That stuff rocked! It kept my skin soft and got rid of the dry skin bumps I get. Then, they decided to keep up with the flood of body washes hitting the marked and totally quit making it or any semblance of it. GRRRRR! Haven't found one yet that works as well.

Then, there was our favorite soy sauce. Made in Canada and the BEST I've ever had. A good, rich sauce without an overpowering salty taste. One day, there was none on the shelves and we couldn't find it anywhere. Turns out that the production facility was being re-tooled, lol. Soon it was back and we stocked up, just in case.

Now they are messing with my peanut butter. Jif. It's no longer being offered anywhere in Canada. Poor sales is the reason, yet I've read a ton of posts on various sites and everyone is ticked off. They just didn't market it well and it was always sort of "hidden" on the grocery shelves. I wonder if companies pay to have their stuff stocked a certain way? I know that Nabisco did at one time. They paid grocery chains to be able to  stock their products at eye level and had their own staff who did the stocking/rotating. (I used to live by a "rep" who would bring me a huge cardboard box of Nabisco stuff that was near the "sell by" or expiry date every so oftenImage

It's bad enough that I can't find so many of my favorite products here, but when they are here.....then disappear, I get pissed. Sigh. Another product on my list next time we go south of the border.

PostPosted: 10/17/10 10:11 am • # 86 
Administrator

Roseanne, St Ives has a body wash called 'Mineral Therapy' that is terrific for dry skin ~ Walgreen's carries a full line of St Ives products and you might be able to order what you want online ~ but my favorite body washes are Oil of Olay ~ have you ever tried any of those? ~ I prefer the one called 'Complete' or the one with the ribbon on the bottle ~ each of them is terrific and I tend to buy whatever is on sale ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/17/10 10:40 am • # 87 
"I wonder if companies pay to have their stuff stocked a certain way?"

Absolutely. Grocery store chains make huge dollars by selling positioning on the shelves. It's why the obscure brands stay obscure... they can't afford the shelving fees.

PostPosted: 10/18/10 1:53 am • # 88 
Editorialist

Finding a product that I/we love and it gets discontinued.

I second that, Roseanne! I sort of gave up on the local grocery store for just that reason. The list of what I couldn't get there anymore just kept growing. But now I drive twice as far to another grocery chain, because I was shocked to find so many of my "missing" items there. 

Granted, some items were just discontinued, or turned into "new and improved" that weren't. Campbell's Mushroom with Roasted Garlic soup ( fantastic!) gone. Wish Bone Roasted Garlic Italian dressing...gone. New and improved Pantene-not. 

And WTH happened to Febreeze? ( did I rant about this already?) Febreeze came out, big hit, then other products incorporated it. Febreeze Mr. Clean, Febreeze in laundry soap, etc.  I go to get Febreeze  last week, and now it's all scented like *other* products...Downy scented Febreeze, Gain scented Febreeze...everything but Febreeze scented Febreeze! LOL!

PostPosted: 10/19/10 9:12 am • # 89 
Editorialist

sooz08 wrote:
Roseanne, St Ives has a body wash called 'Mineral Therapy' that is terrific for dry skin ~ Walgreen's carries a full line of St Ives products and you might be able to order what you want online ~ but my favorite body washes are Oil of Olay ~ have you ever tried any of those? ~ I prefer the one called 'Complete' or the one with the ribbon on the bottle ~ each of them is terrific and I tend to buy whatever is on sale ~

Sooz
Funny I just read this and I had bought the "Mineral Therapy" this past weekend to try, lol. I'll let you know.  I have "hypersensitive" skin and many frangrances they add will cause skin problems, so I must try them out first. The St Ives Collagen and Elastin was perfect for my skin. Sigh. Oil of Olay doesn't work.

Chaos, rofl @ Febreeze. I found a great shampoo several years ago.....umm, the "heat activated" one. Can't remember the brand name. It worked GREAT and my hair was healthy! Do they make that any more?? NOPE!

Funny story. I have a favorite fragrance. Alyssa Ashley White Musk. After my first bottle, I couldn't find it anymore even on their web site. I did find it in the US during one trip and bought 2 bottles. It was even on sale half price because it was "being discontinued".
 The other day, we were at Walmart and guess what? There it is!! LOL  I'm wondering if they had a glut of emails and brought it back. 

It would be nice if the people who carp about such things (such as on BB's) emailed the manufacturer. I always do. Always. I've emailed Walmart about their convoluted traffic pattern at the entry doors even, roflmao! Sometimes I get a "we'll look into it" email, but many times I don't get a reply at all.
At any rate, I always feel better for letting them know how I feel. Image

PostPosted: 10/22/10 2:08 am • # 90 
Editorialist

I don't even know how many times it's happened over the years, but once again my hubby just had my van at the shop Wed. and it was fine. 
I get in it Thursday morning...weeeeeeeee....no brakes! Dammit! LOL! 

PostPosted: 10/22/10 2:20 am • # 91 
Editorialist

I hate that too Chaos- I always think the shop wrecks something for every problem they fix but it has never been their fault.

On the car theme, I love/hate automatic headlights.  I love not having to turn them off, but I hate how often I have to replace bulbs, and how they never burn out on the same day but about a week apart grrrr!

Last edited by queenoftheuniverse on 10/22/10 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 10/22/10 3:02 am • # 92 
Administrator

Chaos333 wrote:
I don't even know how many times it's happened over the years, but once again my hubby just had my van at the shop Wed. and it was fine. 
I get in it Thursday morning...weeeeeeeee....no brakes! Dammit! LOL! 

The BIG question for me, Chaos, is if hubby did the work on your van ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/22/10 3:52 am • # 93 
Editorialist

He didn't do any work on the van. It needed inspection, and someone *else* did that. They aren't allowed to inspect their own.
It passed, BTW. lol

PostPosted: 10/23/10 10:06 am • # 94 
queenoftheuniverse wrote:
I hate that too Chaos- I always think the shop wrecks something for every problem they fix but it has never been their fault.

On the car theme, I love/hate automatic headlights.  I love not having to turn them off, but I hate how often I have to replace bulbs, and how they never burn out on the same day but about a week apart grrrr!
Parts that get equal wear should get replaced together.  Tires, brakes, lights etc. should all be replaced at the same time regardless of the condition of the remaining duplicates.  That's just a fact of life.

PostPosted: 10/26/10 1:52 am • # 95 
Editorialist

Hubby seconds that, Sid.

New peeve:

What's with all the impatient huffing and puffing at the deli counter? We all took a number...deal with it. And no, just because you managed to physically squeeze your way in front of everyone else doesn't mean your number will come up any faster.  So step back and put a sock in it already. LOL!

PostPosted: 10/28/10 8:13 am • # 96 
Editorialist

Tuna fish breath. 'Nuff said!

PostPosted: 10/28/10 8:56 am • # 97 
I've never smelled a tunafish's breath.

PostPosted: 10/28/10 4:57 pm • # 98 
Editorialist

Pepperoni breath!

PostPosted: 10/29/10 3:09 am • # 99 
Editorialist

Employees who arrive 10 minutes late for work and drive very slowly through the parking garage, braking every few seconds,in seach of a space on the lower levels.  Really, everyone just got here- no on left in the first 10 minutes of work!  Please proceed at a nominal speed to the top floors, where you will find several spaces left, and get the hell to work!

PostPosted: 10/31/10 9:27 am • # 100 
Editorialist

Today my pet peeve is Immigration Canada. I am finally in the process of renewing my PR status, paperwork, pics etc. They ask for all the goddamn times you've left the country in the last five years, with dates (only month and year thank goodness) and length of stays. Of course, I have all of that info stored in my brain somewhere.Image
IF they would stamp my damn passport everytime I cross the border, I would KNOW. Now, I'm depending on some old photos taken on a 35mm camera and the dates I had them developed, along with the digi photos I took later and one trip with no photos, so who knows when that was?

Then there is the signature, which MUST be in a box the size of a microchip and if it's outside the lines at all, it will be rejected. Plus the photo to be adhered to one document that MUST fit perfectly straight in their freaking box with some sort of adhesive. That means if I get it crooked, tough luck. It ain't coming back off the page.

After all of this hassle, I will for sure get my citizenship. It's what I get for putting it off. Sigh.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next   Page 4 of 23   [ 565 posts ] New Topic Add Reply