It is currently 04/28/24 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next   Page 20 of 23   [ 565 posts ]
PostPosted: 03/28/13 7:53 pm • # 476 
Editorialist

Chaos, we HAVE! The problem is that the plumbers have keys, so there is no need to come by the office. Our complex is sprawling, so it's easier for them to have keys and we aren't always around to give them keys. All we ask is for a quick phone call. Easy.

LMAO jab. We recently had elbows (one of many this year) start leaking in a bulkhead area in units that are side by side. We dont' have individual shut-offs either except for under sinks and such, not even per floor or "pod" which has 12 units. Only building shut-offs. (36-48 units per) So, the entire building is shut down to repair the elbows in the recirc lines. They are done and I'm in one unit "guarding" the plumbers equipment while he goes up to the boiler room to re-pressurize. The girl in the adjacent unit comes banging on the door. He forgot to weld the damn joint, so another flood. :angry

I understand your shot nerves.

PostPosted: 04/09/13 2:57 pm • # 477 
Editorialist

Some people don't deserve me being so damn polite to them.
That is all.

PostPosted: 04/09/13 7:20 pm • # 478 
Editorialist

My wifes asks me how my day was, and I can't remember.

PostPosted: 05/08/13 6:43 am • # 479 
Editorialist

When it rains....

For three days now, our house phone makes 10 dial tone beeps before we get the dial tone. ???

Hubby cell phone died this morning. "Charging stopped" is all it says.

And he had a very expensive scanner fall yesterday, landed in the perfect position to break the touch screen.

:hmm

PostPosted: 05/08/13 7:45 am • # 480 
Editorialist

Wow Chaos. Sorry for all the problems. SIL recently had something go wrong with his iPhone. He found instructions online and took the thing apart and fixed it himself! I'm impressed. If "charging stopped" it may just need a new battery.

I broke a brand new scanner (about a week old) too.....at my work for Staples. LOL, the screen shattered, but it was either me or the scanner. I was a receiver then and a tall stack of computers started tumbling. The scanner was on one of the boxes, but I just jumped out of the way. My boss was angry, but what could he say? :b They should make those things shatter-proof or have some sort of protective screen!

PostPosted: 05/08/13 8:43 am • # 481 
Editorialist

Ummm...yes, please do whatever you have to do in order to avoid being crushed, roseanne! lol Yikes!

Hopefully it is just a new battery fix for the cell phone. If not, kiddo has hers-rarely used here at home-that he can borrow for a bit. It's pink and pretty. :lol

PostPosted: 05/08/13 9:06 am • # 482 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
Ummm...yes, please do whatever you have to do in order to avoid being crushed, roseanne! lol Yikes!

Hopefully it is just a new battery fix for the cell phone. If not, kiddo has hers-rarely used here at home-that he can borrow for a bit. It's pink and pretty. :lol

The beeps when you pick up the phone- I have Verizon and they include voice mail, even though I don't want it. I use an answering machine because for me it is easier. But sometimes a call goes to the Verizon voice mail (when the phone is busy) and then, when I pick up the phone I get alll those beeps to signal that there is a voicemail waiting. Thank heavens I can play it on my TV or computer because I can never remember the number to call to retrieve it (one of the reasons I don't find it convenient).

PostPosted: 05/08/13 10:15 am • # 483 
Editorialist

OH, I didn't think about voice mail, lol. That's how ours does too. 3 beeps.

PostPosted: 05/09/13 11:15 am • # 484 
Editorialist

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Queen was right. (Ours isn't Verizon, though.)

The interesting thing is, we never set up our "voicemail". Had no PIN code to be able to GET our voicemail. Had this "bundle" plan for almost a year now, and this is the first time the issue came up? Why on earth would that thing suddenly be accepting messages for us when we never set it up? grrrrrrr :angry

Didn't ask for it, didn't even know we had it, didn't know how to use it, took hubby a little over three hours on the phone with them to get it straightened out just so we could hear the messages. Because of course there was some kind of glitch. What a mess of a system.

Luckily, none of the messages it had were important. Now, to figure out how to turn it off!

PostPosted: 05/09/13 7:43 pm • # 485 
Editorialist

Three hours on the phone? I would definitely kill myself somewhere around the 63rd minute- YIKES!

PostPosted: 05/10/13 8:30 am • # 486 
Editorialist

Chaos, there should be a way to turn it off in the "personal options" menu. We do that when we go on vacation here. No sense in coming back with hundreds of voicemails that are unimportant. They can call the emergency number for any emergencies.

PostPosted: 06/07/13 6:22 am • # 487 
Editorialist

School year winding down...so we decide to check the "parent portal" and see what grades kiddo has so far, just in case she missed something while on the band trip or whatever.

A's on everything, but for Social Studies it shows a ZERO for online assignments on 5/8 and 5/17, pulling her down to a 90. ??? She goes online and it says she did them.

She did. The teacher hasn't entered the grades yet. From MAY?

PostPosted: 06/10/13 3:15 pm • # 488 
Editorialist

Surely this child knows by now NOT to involve me in math homework. :hmm

PostPosted: 06/25/13 8:44 am • # 489 
Editorialist

When the only out of state team in the soccer tournament gets a 7 PM Sunday night game- four hour ride home, big busy work day on Monday. Any reason we couldn't have been in the bracket that has their latest game at 1 PM?

PostPosted: 06/27/13 8:43 am • # 490 
Editorialist

When the new back bumper for our car costs less than a new partial for hubby. $1300 vs $1700 :eek

PostPosted: 07/25/13 8:51 am • # 491 
Editorialist

Why...on the days I plan to be out and about running errands...do I feel so lousy? It never fails. Ugh.

PostPosted: 08/02/13 11:00 am • # 492 
Editorialist

Right now, I really do hope that all the people badmouthing "Obamacare" wind up without health insurance and with a serious illness, and wind up losing their homes and everything they have before they die a slow, painful death that could have been prevented.
It's the only way they'll learn what morality is.

PostPosted: 08/02/13 1:29 pm • # 493 
Editorialist

Although there are many who understand, there are people like that arrogant asshat who need to actually experience it.

I feel the same way many times. I've been there and done it too. It wasn't a choice. Why is it that those people think anyone who can't afford insurance will automatically qualify for Medicaid and other "wonderful" free services and goods? :

PostPosted: 08/16/13 2:07 pm • # 494 
Editorialist

Okay HomeAgain Pet microchip company....I don't mind e-mails about lost pets "in my area".

But can they at least be in my STATE? I don't think too many are crossing the Delaware.

PostPosted: 08/16/13 4:46 pm • # 495 
Editorialist

My clearly insane employee who has resigned is also stupid? She didn't think we could get the files she dumped? She thought that dumping the files and deleting client info would hurt me instead of her? Really???

PostPosted: 08/17/13 10:11 am • # 496 
Editorialist

queenoftheuniverse wrote:
My clearly insane employee who has resigned is also stupid? She didn't think we could get the files she dumped? She thought that dumping the files and deleting client info would hurt me instead of her? Really???

Will you press charges? I think you should.

PostPosted: 11/26/13 8:06 am • # 497 
Editorialist

uuuuuuuuuuugggggghhhhhhh

Day three (or four?) of the new neighbors across the street killing every tree on the lot. Chainsaws and wood chippers and the giant THUD OF DEATH shaking my house as each chunk of tree falls.

Breaks my tree-hugging heart. :drfl

PostPosted: 12/31/13 8:01 am • # 498 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
uuuuuuuuuuugggggghhhhhhh

Day three (or four?) of the new neighbors across the street killing every tree on the lot. Chainsaws and wood chippers and the giant THUD OF DEATH shaking my house as each chunk of tree falls.

Breaks my tree-hugging heart. :drfl

:\'( I hear ya. I live on 3 acres of trees and never touched one of them, even the gigantic dead pine right next to the house. I planted more! LOL

PostPosted: 01/31/14 3:14 pm • # 499 
Editorialist

I hate web sites that won't let you navigate away from the page with the back button. :angry

PostPosted: 02/02/14 9:36 am • # 500 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
I hate web sites that won't let you navigate away from the page with the back button. :angry

I second that...and let's add "on demand" TV programming that won't let you fast forward through the commercials they now include too.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next   Page 20 of 23   [ 565 posts ] New Topic Add Reply