It is currently 06/26/24 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: 07/27/10 1:16 am • # 1 
Editorialist

Holy Moley! We had a storm last night that made me think I was back in Alabama! Gale force winds blowing rain sideways. Limbs blowing off trees. Hail in other parts of the city. The alley by my apartment was literally a river. One pilot reported seeing a funnel cloud. It only lasted about 10 minutes, lol. We had a resident who's floor was flooded by rain coming in around the foundation. Yikes. Another who had rain pouring through the ceiling right over his ceiling fan.......which was on. Water slung everywhere. It was quite interesting and a little scary for a moment or two. I thought I left this kind of weather behind me 7 years ago. Image Hmph!

PostPosted: 07/27/10 1:27 am • # 2 
It doesn't matter where you live... you can't escape the weather.

PostPosted: 07/27/10 6:33 am • # 3 
Editorialist

Well yeah, but Calgary is not the place for this kind of crap! Because I said so! lol  We've got two trees in danger of falling on the property, one leaning against the other.  Our street is full of mud on one side from the alley "river" as well as the sidewalk. We got the sidewalk hosed off . Now need to call the city for the street. I'm sure they'll rush right out.Image  Have the carpet guy coming for the flooded unit, the roofing guy for the water that came in on the top floor of one building, the balcony guy to do regularly scheduled reno's, and an arborist to try and save the trees (coordinating his visit with the property manager who wants to be here). Looks like our afternoon will be busy.
Still have to deal with the day to day crap. Resident complaints, unpaid hydro bills, inquiries, a showing and ......and........and....who knows what else? Thank goodness for lunch time. I need another vacation. Image

PostPosted: 07/27/10 8:16 am • # 4 
Administrator

roseanne, kathy was very close to the path of a tornado a few days ago ~ they all trouped down to the basement [including cats] and played Crazy 8s [not including the cats - Image] with her 90+ yo mother ~ thankfully, they were not in the direct path, but they were plucking tree limbs out of the pool for a couple days ~ I don't remember another spring/summer with as much violent weather as we've already had this year ~ and last winter was the snowiest we've had in something like 20 years ~ Mother Nature is still VERY pissed off ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/28/10 9:20 am • # 5 
Editorialist

Maybe Mother Nature is in a cleaning frenzy.

PostPosted: 07/28/10 11:29 am • # 6 
It sounds like I've been dodging bullets for the past year... the previous winter was the warmest and least precipitation in this area in some 50 years. We've had one bad thunderstorm.

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply