It is currently 05/04/24 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
PostPosted: 03/06/09 2:09 am • # 1 
How do you wake up in the morning? (i.e., coffee, shower, exercise, a kick in the side from a spouse, etc.)

For me, usually it's sipping coffee while visiting sites like this. A shower helps, but I have thick hair that is slow to dry if I shower in the morning, so don't do that until the weather is warm enough to leave home with damp hair.

PostPosted: 03/06/09 3:52 am • # 2 
I wake up because the cats and dog and Bird decide it's time for me to. I play with them while the coffee is brewing, take a shower and then read on here or play games on here while drinking the coffee.

PostPosted: 03/06/09 8:03 am • # 3 
A shower first, then breakfast (usually Fiber One cereal and Greek yogurt and coffee) then off to the computer to read the news, check my email and check into my groups. If I'm lucky, one or both of my sister's dogs will come downstairs to keep me company.

PostPosted: 03/06/09 2:52 pm • # 4 
Administrator

My most favorite thing about being retired is NO MORE ALARM CLOCK ~ EVER ~ I don't usually sleep late but I truly LOVE waking up whenever I wake up ~ and my routine remains basically the same ~ I make coffee, log in to make sure the group has not exploded overnight, play Word Search and Daily 20 Trivia on Pogo Games ~ by this time, coffee is ready ~ and I scan the headlines of my favorite media sources while enjoying a cup of freshly-brewed coffee ~ then a shower ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 03/06/09 4:06 pm • # 5 
Play pogo games BEFORE coffee? Image

PostPosted: 03/06/09 4:49 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

Usually wife's car starting wakes me up at 6:00. I do not get up. I turn the alarm clock ON to WI Public Radio and go back to dozing, waking occasionally to hear snatches of program. Eventually I ache from lying still too long and so get out of bed. Shower, make coffee, toast a bagel, maybe fry a couple of eggs or make some oatmeal, read paper and/or computer news. Then do dishes, then finally drive to work. This proces consumes two hours. Sometimes if it's cold I'll start my old diesel and let it get to warming somewhere in the middle of breakfast. Wednesdays I get up at 5:30, shower and drive to a Pancake House for breakfast with a few old men friends, and then take the rest of the day off.

PostPosted: 03/07/09 1:05 am • # 7 
It all depends on what time Obama calls and what his damn problem is this time.

PostPosted: 03/07/09 3:48 am • # 8 
LMAO NC, yes, those damn pesky White House calls!

I've got 3 kids to get dressed and ready for school... 2 dogs and 2 cats to worship and feed... and eventually I flip on The Today Show and commence computering. Image

PostPosted: 03/07/09 6:19 am • # 9 
Administrator

LOL NC ~ is there room for me on your Fantasy Island? ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 03/07/09 6:27 am • # 10 
Only if you're Herve Villechais and I am Ricardo Montalban.

"Da White House phone call, Boss, da White House phone call!"

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ] New Topic Add Reply